GDT: Avalanche @ Senators 03/16/23 5:00PM Mountain Time (Emergency GDT)

Which Avalanche cup team would win vs the other 2 in a 7 game series?

Votes: 11 11.6%

Votes: 59 62.1%

Votes: 25 26.3%

• Total voters

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It’s a shame that Makar missed time, because I think he would’ve definitely beaten out Karlsson for Norris had he been healthy.

He’s closing like a f***ing freight train right now.
Wouldnt even be close if he was healthy. It be a run away if everyone was healthy. Landy in the lineup is automatic 20 goals and 50-70 points. Cale would be heavily involved in those Landy points.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
On the downside, Compher hasn’t shaken out of his slump.

He probably wasn’t as good as he showed earlier in the year, but he’s definitely not as bad as he’s been these last 8-10 games.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
nRXzzBU.jpg
Ah-Low?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't seen the analytics, but I am going to do a Billy Mays guarantee and say it's awful because they got caved in almost every shift it seemed like...

The "lmao" ice time tonight:

Galchenyuk: 4:08
Newhook: 5:41
Nieto: 6:58

We're back to having only 3 lines. I have a feeling Galchenyuk gets sent down after this road trip and they call up a different forward. The 3rd Senators goal is probably prevented if he doesn't try reaching with his stick at Tkachuk and instead bodies him up and skates him into the corner, or at the very least forces him to move the puck to a non-danger area instead of allowing the cross-seam pass so casually.

Oh well. Guessing that guy's NHL career is over.
Newhook was absolute trash today, so I think that was deserved. Can't speak of the others because I don't think Galchenyuk has even been given a chance to showcase much of anything, while Nieto is way better than 7 minutes a game personally speaking.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Hats off to our team. B2B-Champions this season allready. Didn´t expect much for tonight but i am really surprised....In a positive way.

Oh, and respect to Johansson. Great game.

Great job boys. On to Detroit and let´s wallop the Wings too.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Didn’t think either goalie was that great but JoJo probably had the biggest save of any Avs goalie this season, so my complaints about him end right there.

Did not love Nuke’s game at all tonight. Too many turnovers, sloppy passes, and failure to capitalize on chances. Could be he might have been a bit tired but I just wasn’t a fan.

Outside of that and the fourth line’s obvious struggles, I thought most everyone played well.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It is for sure with Makar missing time.

If he was healthy, I think Makar definitely takes it. The PPG gap wouldn’t even have to close that much, because everyone and their grandma knows that Makar is the superior two way player. There’s no comparison in terms of commitment to the defensive side of the game.
Makar would have 3 Norris trophies after the season without injuries.

Everyone should know who is the best Dman in the game, he just doesn't win the award because of games played.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I can't believe that was the GWG. Surely it will come back to haunt us in eternity like that Duchene goal

The infinite back to backs aren't enough? The injuries aren't enough? Does Karma make you play in triplicate?

He's production is great but he is far from his old self. I am also pretty sure his puckhandling skills got worse.

Pretty sure? What do you mean?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I noticed that he is having trouble handling the puck ever since he came back from injury. Not that puckhandling was ever his strength but it seems worse now. Also he looks way weaker on puck now, compared to before, and he is not even close to being that same monster winning every f***ing board battle.

The team, in general seems more disjointed. But when you replace a Landeskog with a Rodriguez, how does it not eventually trickle down?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wouldnt even be close if he was healthy. It be a run away if everyone was healthy. Landy in the lineup is automatic 20 goals and 50-70 points. Cale would be heavily involved in those Landy points.
It really wouldn't be. Makar is the best dman in the game and it's really not super close.

There are some damn good ones like Fox, Dahlin, Josi etc. But Makar is just simply better. None of those guys are feared like Makar. Coaches are legit game planning on how do we contain Makar. Look at Keefe the other night talking about Makar.

Personally don't think Karlsson is all that great, never really have. He is all offense with a slight touch of defense. He's just having one of those seasons on a bad team where he is involved in most of their offense since he is their best player. In terms of defense it's never been his strong suit and still isn't.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure what was happening there, Altitude did it both times MacK went to the box.

Honestly that's embarrassing for Altitude. MacK is the star of the team and they can't get his name right? I'm sure they are having financial issues because their billionaire owner refuses to negotiate a deal with Comcast. But come on, get your graphics right. That's embarrassing.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Didn’t think either goalie was that great but JoJo probably had the biggest save of any Avs goalie this season, so my complaints about him end right there.

Did not love Nuke’s game at all tonight. Too many turnovers, sloppy passes, and failure to capitalize on chances. Could be he might have been a bit tired but I just wasn’t a fan.

Outside of that and the fourth line’s obvious struggles, I thought most everyone played well.

Nuke looks weaker on his skates for sure. Never been a good capitalizer of chances. Still, I think he's way better right now than when he first came back from injury.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, the Nichushkin - Compher - Malgin line got crushed last night. The Avs just have to make do I guess because neither Lehkonen nor Landeskog are coming back soon and that's the best they've got.

The 4th line actually had some pretty decent shifts in the offensive zone. Problem is they were on the ice for two goals against, and that cannot happen. You cannot be that much of a liability on ice in your ~5 minutes of ice time to concede two goals.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
He didnt have to over commit like that. Anytime you leave your net that wide open you did something wrong as a goalie. Credit for the recovery but theres no need for him to be damn near the corner of the rink on a cross pass lol.
The guy is a career AHLer and probably shouldn't be playing in an NHL game. He did however make a couple very nice saves to secure the win. I think he deserves just a little bit of credit for coming up big when the Avs needed him to.

Instead of looking for the fault in his big saves I think it's probably OK to give the guy some credit.

Two ways of looking at the same situation. Glass half full or half empty. You can look at it however you'd like, I prefer to see something positive out of it.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Gotta say it’s nice to see Nuke putting up points. He’s certainly having a bit of a down year and looks a step slower/less tenacious and I think that’s due to a large amount of pain in his foot. He’s a guy that works hard even when banged up and I think all of us want to see succeed, not just because of his big ticket but because of the adversity he’s had to overcome.

I hope he is able to get his foot sorted out in the off-season and he gains some of that lost mobility back.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You mean some here might have rushed to judgement after one or two games of a player having to adjust to a meticulously structured system played by probably the fastest team in the league?? I don't know...
Still not a fan of the trade, but he has played better the past 3 games or so. Hopefully the line of Cogs-Eller-LOC continues to gain chemistry.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah Nuke has been quite a bit slower since returning but this team still wins a heck of a lot more with him in the lineup than out. He finds way to help the team and that is all you can ask of him considering his foot. The only area he is not helping the team is carrying the puck. He is not fast enough right now to create the separation he used to so it would serve the team better if he got rid of the puck quicker with a pass or a dump in and then get to areas he is great at. Hopefully he can keep it up until the summer when he will have time to really take care of his foot.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Makar would have 3 Norris trophies after the season without injuries.

Everyone should know who is the best Dman in the game, he just doesn't win the award because of games played.
Also take out that McDavid guy and Mack is having one of the best seasons a forward has had in the last decade and a half. Both doing it while down a top line wing on the team for the whole season. Yeesh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad