GDT: Avalanche @ Maple Leafs 1/13/24 @ 5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT)

Do you like grapes?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • What is a grape?

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Leafs got away with a lot in the first and we got away with a lot in the 3rd. It probably didn't help the Leafs that their dollar-store Patton Oswald look-a-like Hobbit kept losing his shit and screaming at the officials.

It's curious, why anyone in the Leafs front office believe that this guy is the answer. I would have thought he'd have been replaced by now.
I think he’s a very good coach, but I also think he’s run out of ideas on how to motivate this core. Dangle took him to task for some of his weird deployment decisions.

Under the layer of humor and OTT, he breaks down the game nicely and it is interesting to see the game from another perspective. His breakdown of the Manson crosscheck was hilarious.

I love that his producer is an Avs fan, adding to his angst. Even added his own words at one point. :laugh:

Reactions: Metallo

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I think he’s a very good coach, but I also think he’s run out of ideas on how to motivate this core. Dangle took him to task for some of his weird deployment decisions.

Why do you think he’s a very good coach?

He’s been consistently out coached and unable to adjust over and over in playoff hockey. In a 7 game series, he has no answers to how teams play the Leafs.

It’s one-way, offensive hockey with zero attention to detail or willingness to sacrifice points and individual glory for team success.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why do you think he’s a very good coach?

He’s been consistently out coached and unable to adjust over and over in playoff hockey. In a 7 game series, he has no answers to how teams play the Leafs.

It’s one-way, offensive hockey with zero attention to detail or willingness to sacrifice points and individual glory for team success.
That’s not true at all. The Leafs last year were an elite defensive team as well as a dynamic offensive team. They’re not this year but that’s not just on him.

As far as postseason adjustments, which one would you have liked for him to make? One that didn’t rely on the “core four?” That’s the problem with the Leafs—they’ve had depth issues as bad if not worse than the Avs. And it doesn’t help that Mitch Marner loses his GD mind in the postseason. I think he finally showed up last year and lo and behold, they finally advanced past the first round.

• Wow
Reactions: Foppberg

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
After last night, if Byram or Girard are indeed available in a trade, I think the Leafs should be one of the first teams calling. They have absolutely nothing on defense.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are the Leafs even a good team? There are 25th in RW with only 13. Behind powerhouses such has CGY, STL, DET, and BUF.
They may not be anymore. Dangle actually said that in an earlier LFR. They certainly don’t have the defense and goaltending.

Not sure If you caught it, but Mikko gave him a pretty hard slash for that. Refs watching the whole thing. Pretty funny.
Yeah I saw that. He had it coming. :laugh:

Reactions: sethro109

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Honestly, nuke and leky back soon we r going to give everyone in the league fits.

Reactions: Avs_19

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
After last night, if Byram or Girard are indeed available in a trade, I think the Leafs should be one of the first teams calling. They have absolutely nothing on defense.
No way will Treliving go for either of those. I’m guessing he tries like hell to get Noah Hanifin even though I have no idea how they’d get him extended.

Reactions: Azrael89

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Manson seems to be getting back to his usual self. Say what you will, having that guy come playoff time is far more valuable than people want to admit.

He's playing better for sure and one other good part is how the refs are looking the other way on certain things. Yesterday wasn't the first time in recent weeks where he has gotten away with a blatant cheap cross check. He also does this thing where he holds a guy along the boards but disguises it in a way where it doesn't look like holding. We know in the playoffs they'll swallow the whistles even more so that bodes well for a guy like Manson.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
To claim the refs lost the game for them is obviously clown shoes. But the refs let the Avs get away with some egregious shit in the third.
My whole family (Toronto based) is claiming that “ruined the game”.

I guess they’re still recovering from those missed calls as they just lost to Detroit in regulation too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I missed the game.... but was great to see later they came back and won. Great start to 2024!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
More proof that this team can beat anyone when they're playing the way they're capable of.

Some 22 playoff style domination in this game. MacKinnon and Makar otherworldly.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad