GDT: Avalanche @ Maple Leafs 1/13/24 @ 5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT)

Do you like grapes?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • What is a grape?

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

jani

Oct 15, 2023
Watched the game VoD and I have to admit, with the guys they were missing, I lost faith for the first time this season when they were trailing 3-0. I skipped to the 3rd period, the game was tied and instantly went back to watch the whole game like a good boy. I promise I'll never doubt this team again!

I thought the effort level was high even in the first period. A lucky bounce, scrappy goal and sloppy defensive play lead to them trailing. Those two 3rd period non-calls in favor of the Avs were bull****, in all fairness, and after that the game kinda felt like the playoffs for a long stretch.

Nate was dominant and he's probably the best player in the league at the moment.

Would've been very satisfied with a single point all things considered.

Reactions: Miri

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What an absolute toolbag Simon Benoit was. Shoving Mikko in front of the net AFTER the GWG was scored.

Amazing comeback, did not think they had it in them, especially with a lineup with a defenseman at forward (who also still played like a defenseman when he was out there).

Reactions: BrickNHL

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Interesting stats. Sort it by Corsi for both teams and notice who’s at the bottom of Toronto’s chart, and who’s at the bottom of Colorado’s.

Also, Tavares played barely more than Kampf. What’s the deal? Is he their new RyJo?

Tavares struggles with pace. It’s been evident for awhile, especially in the playoffs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Holy shit. I’m not gonna link to it, y’all can look it up yourselves, but Dangles’ latest LFR was pure entertainment. He absolutely annihilates the Leafs in one of his screamiest tirades yet.

And before you ask, yes, of course he complained about the officiating…and frankly I don’t blame him. He still doesn’t blame them for the loss.

Reactions: Vk1ing

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Holy shit. I’m not gonna link to it, y’all can look it up yourselves, but Dangles’ latest LFR was pure entertainment. He absolutely annihilates the Leafs in one of his screamiest tirades yet.

And before you ask, yes, of course he complained about the officiating…and frankly I don’t blame him. He still doesn’t blame them for the loss.

Apparently too many officials from Ontario

Reactions: wayninja

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

Sheldon Keefe showing a lot of respect to the Avs top guys.
Unfortunately there is no handshake line in the regular season because the Avs would have shown a lot of respect to the Leafs.

Under the layer of humor and OTT, he breaks down the game nicely and it is interesting to see the game from another perspective. His breakdown of the Manson crosscheck was hilarious.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

The Leafs got away with a lot in the first and we got away with a lot in the 3rd. It probably didn't help the Leafs that their dollar-store Patton Oswald look-a-like Hobbit kept losing his shit and screaming at the officials.

It's curious, why anyone in the Leafs front office believe that this guy is the answer. I would have thought he'd have been replaced by now.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Tavares struggles with pace. It’s been evident for awhile, especially in the playoffs.

His first few strides are painful to watch at this point.

He was always a slightly below average skater, even in his prime, but he has lost more than a few steps now.

Tavares is downright slow.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad