GDT: Avalanche @ Maple Leafs 1/13/24 @ 5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT)

Do you like grapes?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • What is a grape?

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
looks like I missed a nail biter / great comeback Avalanche win

highlights showed some savvy heart by the lads

on a side note: over this past summer I have made a good friend , non other than " The Destroyer " , Zennon Kanopka

He tells me that face off's and fighting were his strengths as a player in the NHL

He's attempting to make arrangements with CMac ( knew him from his Sarycuse (sp) days ) to perhaps help with improving face off strategies.

We shall see.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Cant fault George on those goals but holy hell guy dial in those f***in rebounds. So many needless chances because he cant control rebounds. He was otherwise excellent tonight especially when it was 3-0 he didnt give up the next one and the Leafs had some nice chances.

Every Avs goal tonight was hilarious.

Ross Colton is an idiot. How do you miss that first one that badly as a pro. He made up for it thanks to RyJo being very unselfish.

Drouin just keeps doing it. Imagine if he turns out like Nuke. A guy left for dead and revives his career in Denver. Drouin turning into a player the Avs can rely on to support the big boys on a 2-3 yr discount type deal would be huge. I wouldnt blame him for chasing a bag but it be nice if he took the lowball offer hes likely to get from CMac. Also, credit CMac for this. He whiffed on Ryjo and Tatar but hes hit on Wood, Colton and Drouin.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Cant fault George on those goals but holy hell guy dial in those f***in rebounds. So many needless chances because he cant control rebounds. He was otherwise excellent tonight especially when it was 3-0 he didnt give up the next one and the Leafs had some nice chances.

Ross Colton is an idiot. How do you miss that first one that badly as a pro. He made up for it thanks to RyJo being very unselfish.

Drouin just keeps doing it. Imagine if he turns out like Nuke. A guy left for dead and revives his career in Denver. Drouin turning into a player the Avs can rely on to support the big boys on a 2-3 yr discount type deal would be huge. I wouldnt blame him for chasing a bag but it be nice if he took the lowball offer hes likely to get from CMac. Also, credit CMac for this. He whiffed on Ryjo and Tatar but hes hit on Wood, Colton and Drouin.
I'm still torn on this. I want to know who it was that brought RyJo up first? Was it the pro-scouts or was it CMac?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm still torn on this. I want to know who it was that brought RyJo up first? Was it the pro-scouts or was it CMac?
Probably CMac. He was desperate finding a 2C without giving up too much. For some reason this team doesn’t think 2C position is too important. They lucked out on Kadri though, now just need to find another Naz

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014

"rebounds" kept ringing in my head.. all game. All season(s).

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Rantanen with one his best showings in a while. He was engaged and winning board battles all game. When he plays like that, he can dominate shifts by himself.

Reactions: Vk1ing and BrickNHL

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Perhaps… but it sounds like the rest of the league already knows what we need and how desperate our needs are. At least according to some NHL insiders.
Remember that your trading partner is also dealing with constraints, salary issues, cap issues, player/agent demands too.

It's not like it's all a one way street and CMac is the hostage tied to the train track.

Rantanen with one his best showings in a while. He was engaged and winning board battles all game. When he plays like that, he can dominate shifts by himself.
He trips, stumbles and falls like no one else in the NHL and still scores.

Imagine what he could do if he could actually skate........

Last edited:
Reactions: drhiii and Azrael89

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
First post of 2024, Happy New Year! Made my annual trip to the arena with my boy tonight for a good ol' fashioned comeback... I wish I could dunk on Leafs fans more but they're always super cool and friendly to me at games and are entirely self-aware of their franchise's follies... Even when they were up 3-0 some of them were straight-up saying it means nothing because "these are the Leafs," Lol... Tough to hate on fans like that, it's always a good time at the arena... Anyway, awesome night, happy to be back, hope everyone has had a lovely start to their new year :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad