GDT: Avalanche@Leafs 7PM TSN4 PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Jake Gardiner has to be one of the worst defenders I’ve seen in a Leaf uniform.

Move over, Aki Berg

I am getting incredibly tired of seeing lousy goals scored, and Jake skating dejectedly back to his bench, staring up at the heavens wondering WTF DID I DO WRONG THIS TIME.

That puzzled look on his face infuriates me. What a clueless child out there.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

member 147413

Really using -/+ when one goal was completely on Kadri and another on Gardiner?
Using -/+ for what? That information isn’t wrong. The goal “on Gards”, was just as much on Marner.

The goal “on Kadri”, was just as much on Rielly.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I honestly think this team with a new coach would be so dominant.

Babcock was great for the tanking years and developing our guys but he just can't think the game like other coaches do anymore. He is holding this team back. Our home record sucks because he tries too hard to line match.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Put Matthews-Tavares-Marner on a line and see how much they fly.

Even Matthews-Nylander-Kapi will have more jump than this garbage.

But I agree, it's not ALL the lines. Team is tuning Babcock out.

3 years and our kids have tuned him out? Not a good sign considering this isn't Carlyle here it's a HOF and well respected coach.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm going to sound like Babcock here... but the compete level just isn't there... Colorado is outworking us.

Its a little bit of a theme with this club. We've won a few games from skill alone... we need to compete better, and then we'll be more consistent.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The Leafs give up fewer goals per 60 minutes of gameplay while he's on the ice than any other defenceman on the team, and he's our 2nd best defenceman offensively. So there is that...

But yea, his effort on that Soderberg goal against was pathetic. Gardiner just got on the ice, and Soderberg had already done a big rush 30 seconds before and should have been dog-tired, yet Soderberg won both the foot race and physical battle. So that particular goal against, Gardiner deserves criticism. Overall this season though, he's been very good.
Bull f***ing shit this post. He f***s us time and time again, no stat is more important than that. He f***ed us in boston, he f***ed us in 16 vs colmbus when he fell on his ass and made us face Washington, and hes surely f***ing us now.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Not even close to good enough. This team is starting to look really lackluster.

All this ****ing talent and guys just ****ing float. It's ****ing bull****.

You have to put in an effort. I'm done with the.. it's still a young team.

If I was at a job 3 years and still ****ing sucked... guess what. You get fired.

You've obviously never had a union job...

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Put Matthews-Tavares-Marner on a line and see how much they fly.

Even Matthews-Nylander-Kapi will have more jump than this garbage.

But I agree, it's not ALL the lines. Team is tuning Babcock out.

You kidding? Matthews is playing as bad as everyone. Even Marner is coasting around. The top-9 has been trash the last 2 games + tonight. Put 'em on the pine. This game's already lost if the status quo continues.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
the one where Gardiner got bullied off the puck 5 feet from the net?

Laziest stick tie ive ever seen in a very risky must make play situation.

Reilly or Dermott wouldve leaned way more onto that play.
Zaits and Hainsey? I dont know.

But Gards thinks jabbing his stick like a fencer is going to do it.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I honestly think this team with a new coach would be so dominant.

Babcock was great for the tanking years and developing our guys but he just can't think the game like other coaches do anymore. He is holding this team back. Our home record sucks because he tries too hard to line match.

I've never been a babcock doubter but I'm really starting to think this might be a real thing

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
This team cannot handle a cycle.
I know some here will say "its just one game" but no, this team cannot get out of the zone. Zaitsev and Gardiner are a disaster most games. That's a problem. They're relied upon a lot and they simply dont get it done when teams play physical. Gardiner has always been soft, we all know that, Zaitsev was fine until his injury. Nonetheless, Dubas needs to make probably 2 moves to bring in defensive help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad