Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
Hey, if you care about your jerseys and have some pride in your collection like I do, sweat the details. Jerseys and getting them lettered adds up after a while, might as well get them done right so you get your money's worth. That's just me though. As long as you're happy I'm happy.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm assuming you're talking about Avalanche jerseys since you posted here. The best thing to do is get a legitimate blank jersey (authentic or replica) on eBay and then send that jersey to Denver Athletic here in Denver. They letter the Avalanche jerseys the team wears on the ice and they're the only place that you can send your jersey where you know it's going to be done right. There are other places that will letter Avalanche jerseys, but DA is the only place that can get the curve on the nameplate correct.

If you have questions about DA jerseys just let me know. I can definitely help if you need it!

Seems like an awful lot of work! Thanks for the tips though. Will probably do this sometime this season.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Picked up the Forsberg patch at the arena tonight. Pretty cool patch but not as nice as the Sakic patch. It was 20 bucks though...a little on the steep side...for a simple patch.

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Is "Fans Edge" a good place to buy a customized jersey? I had to cancel my Landeskog order at IceJerseys.com because I had placed the order on 8/31/11 and was told that my order would most likely ship 10/1/11...well, 10/6 comes and I've heard nothing, so I emailed them, they said it MAY be another 2-4 weeks...so I just cancelled the order...that was the 2nd time I had attempted to order something from IceJerseys.com and had to cancel because of incorrect shipping times.

Also, to anyone who went to the game last night, were they selling Landeskog jerseys at the Altitude Authentics store?

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Is "Fans Edge" a good place to buy a customized jersey? I had to cancel my Landeskog order at IceJerseys.com because I had placed the order on 8/31/11 and was told that my order would most likely ship 10/1/11...well, 10/6 comes and I've heard nothing, so I emailed them, they said it MAY be another 2-4 weeks...so I just cancelled the order...that was the 2nd time I had attempted to order something from IceJerseys.com and had to cancel because of incorrect shipping times.

Also, to anyone who went to the game last night, were they selling Landeskog jerseys at the Altitude Authentics store?

I would have Denver Athletic do the customization especially with a long name like Landeskog. Most places will screw up the curve on the nameplate and it'll look really bad.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I would have Denver Athletic do the customization especially with a long name like Landeskog. Most places will screw up the curve on the nameplate and it'll look really bad.

I understand that the preferred place is Denver Athletic as said by many posters here. But I don't have a blank jersey to provide them, and their website doesn't even list that they sell hockey jerseys.

And being that I live in KS, we have next to no hockey items here, let alone any team specific apparell to buy.

But I appreciate the reply.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I understand that the preferred place is Denver Athletic as said by many posters here. But I don't have a blank jersey to provide them, and their website doesn't even list that they sell hockey jerseys.

And being that I live in KS, we have next to no hockey items here, let alone any team specific apparell to buy.

But I appreciate the reply.

Order your jersey somewhere else then ship it to DA. I couldn't find any pics of Landeskog jerseys online, but if you look at ebay there's a ton of bad Forsberg customization jobs out there so doing a Landeskog jersey is going to be require someone who knows what they are doing.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Order your jersey somewhere else then ship it to DA. I couldn't find any pics of Landeskog jerseys online, but if you look at ebay there's a ton of bad Forsberg customization jobs out there so doing a Landeskog jersey is going to be require someone who knows what they are doing.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind doing that...and may still do that...I was just wanting a Lando jersey for when I see the Avs take on the Oilers on 10/28 and the Kings on 10/30

So, again, does anyone know if the Altitude Authentics store had any of his jerseys on Saturday, or if anyone knows they'll be stocking them by 10/28?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I can't remember for certain. But I'm pretty sure they at least had the replicas. Dunno if they had Authentics.

Best idea would be to call them and see.

That's a good idea...surprisingly I'm an idiot and didn't think of calling them...

And I don't have the money to spring for an Authentic (though I'd like one) so a Premier Replica would be fine for me.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pretty cool night last night. Hope you had fun. I had a great time, except for the outcome. Grab a puck too. They look great next to the banners we got and the patch as well.

http://www.altitudeauthentics.com/p-2489-forsberg-retirement-night-official-game-puck.aspx

Does anyone know anywhere else I could pick one of these pucks up? or if they're even still for sale at the stadium. Altitude Authentics is sold out and the ones on eBay are going for $75.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Does anybody buy jerseys from Icejerseys.com? I am thinking of buying a Landeskog jersey from them since I don't want to have to pay for shipping from Canada to Denver to get a jersey embroidered.

Blue Dragon

Jan 27, 2007
Ohio
imag0168i.jpg

By rocklobst3r at 2011-09-06

Dude, you need to wash it to get that stain out! :sarcasm:

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Does anybody buy jerseys from Icejerseys.com? I am thinking of buying a Landeskog jersey from them since I don't want to have to pay for shipping from Canada to Denver to get a jersey embroidered.
I've bought from them before but it's been 5-6 years. They did a good job on the two I ordered....a Heritage Classic Claude Lemieux and CBJ Pre-Lockout Rick Nash 3rd Jersey.

They were not Avs Jerseys though so I don't know if they get the arch on the name plate 1000% correct. It may be off a millimeter or two :D :sarcasm:

Avs Hockey Podcast

All Avs All the Time
Aug 14, 2011
The Mile High City
They were not Avs Jerseys though so I don't know if they get the arch on the name plate 1000% correct. It may be off a millimeter or two

Oh no it's gonna be off by half a centimeter. No way in hell I'm gonna buy from them.
Good to see you guys are starting to sweat the small details.

And check with River City Sports billybobjoe. Maybe they can help you: https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/...lorado+Avalanche&lastProduct=&mode=&startAt=1

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Good to see you guys are starting to sweat the small details.

And check with River City Sports billybobjoe. Maybe they can help you: https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/...lorado+Avalanche&lastProduct=&mode=&startAt=1

People can laugh at the serious avs jersey collectors all they want about getting the nameplate done right, but if you just browse ebay you will see some really bad jobs out there on avs jerseys. Unless you're getting a ROY jersey done, the curve and font can look really bad by those done by other companies. The more letters in the name the harder it is to get it right. I've seen tons of bad SAKIC nameplates and FORSBERG is of course even harder. I'm sure that there's going to be a lot of really bad LANDESKOG customization jobs done if you don't get it done right.

If you're paying some other company 50 bucks or more to get your jersey customized, you might as well spend the extra bucks to get it done right. Jerseys can last a long time its worth it to send it to denver athletic over places like shop.nhl.com and other online retailers.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Do they sell customized Authentics in the Pepsi center? If so, roughly how much do they run? I may have to pick up a souvenir on my trip there in dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad