Avalanche board mock draft/offseason (Part 2):

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Rangers modify their offer for Chris Krieder to 2.65m x 2 years. Also we'd like to see our Stralman deal done take shape. Any more opinions/approvals?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
We should look at getting more RFAs cleaned up.

Few more opinions needed on:

Anaheim (post 148)
Montreal (post 153)
Vancouver (Post 160)
St. Louis (Post 173)
Boston (post 131)
Arizona (post 130)
Edmmonton: Petry (4 years 12m, 3m AAV)
Winnipeg: Frolik (4 yrs 11.2m, 2.8m AAV)
NY Rangers: Kreider (2 yrs 5.3m, 2.65m AAV)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm going to be out for almost all day so I wanted to get my votes in. I am using the list provided by Aslah at 8:00 MT.

D'Agostini: agreed by me
Belemore: I think he could eat closer to 1.5
Bernier: agreed by me
B. Boyle: agreed by me
D. Boyle: I think he's making too much IMO.
R. Carter: approved
Fayne: think he's worth a couple 100k+ more IMO.
Gilbert: Disagree, worth much more.
Grabovski: think he could make more
Hemsky: I think he could make around 4.5 to 5 million IMO.
Iginla: Approved
Lindback: Approved
Malhorta: I would pay him more IMO.
Michalek: Injury issues and inconsistent play, I think he's worth 5 million.
Pyatt: I think he could be making closer to 2 million IMO.
Robidas: Approved
Scott: Approved
Stostny: Approved
Sobotka: Sorry RSS, but I would EASILY pay more for Vladimir. Would pay close to 3 million for him.
Strålmam: Approved
Vrbata: Think he could make more
Winnik: Approved

I also improved Jokinen's contract situation from 1.5 million to 1.6 million.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
STL Current Cap: $58.66 million
STL Blues Current Roster:

Forwards
Steen/LW 5.8
Backes/C 4.5
Oshie/RW 4.175

Schwartz/LW 3.5*pending*
#2C
Tarasenko/RW 0.9

Sobotka/LW 2.85*pending*
Berglund/C 3.7
Reaves/RW 1.125

Paajarvi/LW 1.2
Lapierre/C 1.1
#4RW

Defensemen
Pietrangelo 6.5
Bouwmeester 5.4

Shattenkirk 4.25
Jackman 3.16

Polak 2.75
Leopold 2.25

Goalies
Elliott 2.5
Allen 0.8

Extras/Scratches:
Porter/LW 0.675
Lindstrom/C 0.7
Ian Cole/D 0.825

Available for trade:
Forwards:
Berglund, Steen, Sobotka (currently qualified RFA)
Defensemen:
Polak, Jackman, Leopold

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I also improved Jokinen's contract situation from 1.5 million to 1.6 million.

Jokinen should be making at least 2.5mil per and probably on a 2 year contract. He's a decent veteran 3rd line center and probably will get overpaid by a team needing to reach the cap floor.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't see Jokinen accepting less than 2.5 mil, IMO he'd be looking around 2.5-3 mil with a non-contender, or around 1.5-2 mil if he wants to chase a cup with a contender.

Sobotka is probably worth around 2.5 mil.

Stralman I approve of, I don't know if we're adding in NTC/NMC but any contract he signs need to involve that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jets keep Hiller and Others
Updated: June 29, 2014, 12:36 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
1194942 COMMENT - EMAIL - PRINT
WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Jets signed Suisse born goaler, but pending unrestricted free agent Jonas Hiller late Saturday night.

The team did not announce financial terms of the deal, but a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun that it's worth a total of $27.5 million along the next 5 years.

Hiller, who turns 33 next Feburary, would have become a unrestricted free agent July 1 after putting up 29 wins, 5 shutouts, and a .911 save percentage this past season with the Anaheim Ducks. He was acquired via trade for the rights to Burmistov.

Jets executive Sephiroth said Hiller "gives us that stabilizing role to push through the Central division into the playoffs and to defeat Cloud" as they have not made the playoffs since Lil' John was the teams Advisor.

The Winnipeg Jets also re-signed pending RFAs; Alberts, Ellerby, Klingberg, O'Dell, Pasquale, Sol, and Tedenby. Jets then signed recently draft Ivan Barbashev (drafted 16th overall) to an entry level contract.

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Last edited:

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
After hearing feedback for a longer contract (I didn't realize he was 26 y/o already, I had 24 in my mind for some reason), it doesn't seem a bridge contract is appropriate. Also, I can see the sentiment on 2.5-3 mm. Therefore a modified offer from the blues:

Sobotka: 3 years, $2.85 million

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I don't have an issue with any except for

Olli Jokinen should be making closer to 2.5
and
Radim Vrbata is too low

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
After hearing feedback for a longer contract (I didn't realize he was 26 y/o already, I had 24 in my mind for some reason), it doesn't seem a bridge contract is appropriate. Also, I can see the sentiment on 2.5-3 mm. Therefore a modified offer from the blues:

Sobotka: 3 years, $2.85 million

I can agree on the new Sobatka offer

Updated post 135 to reflect recent changes to offers and votes.

Edit: Also, if you are voting on a new offer or modified offer but have previously voted, please let me know that you are only voting for the new/modified contracts.
-------It is getting a bit difficult to remember who has previously voted and I do not want to count votes twice. When a GM weighs in a second time, some times it seems they are voting for all the deals and not just the new ones.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Still waiting on 9 teams to make their offers unless I missed them somewhere:

Calgary (SuperJoe), Los Angeles (myhfaccount), Dallas (Mifroid), Minnesota (Avs44), Nashville (Gigantor The Goalie), Toronto (Bender), NY Islanders (BoxofChocolates), Philadelphia (CoachBadKitten), Pittsburgh (CobraAcesS)

If you "see them" elsewhere, try and get them in today.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Someone else will need to take over as I have to work tomorrow and will only be able to check in (may be signed in but not keeping up).

Not sure what to do with the missing teams and GMs listed above. I'll let you all and Hench work it out.

The updated table is still post #135 and can be modified/taken over pretty easily by by quoting it and removing the quotes.

See you all tomorrow

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Someone else will need to take over as I have to work tomorrow and will only be able to check in (may be signed in but not keeping up).

Not sure what to do with the missing teams and GMs listed above. I'll let you all and Hench work it out.

The updated table is still post #135 and can be modified/taken over pretty easily by by quoting it and removing the quotes.

See you all tomorrow

Thanks!

I'll be in and out today, but should be able to update on a regular basis. As for the missing teams, I say they have until a certain time today to get their signings in, and if they don't, we assume RFAs are qualified and UFAs are able to be bid on.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Is this still going on? Doesn't look like it. :laugh: (Too much excitement with the Frenzy)

I came here to post that Toronto was folding. :laugh: :laugh:

Got no time working 2 jobs right now and no days off.

Lates!

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Is this still going on? Doesn't look like it. :laugh: (Too much excitement with the Frenzy)

I came here to post that Toronto was folding. :laugh: :laugh:

Got no time working 2 jobs right now and no days off.

Lates!

Been there, done that. For too long!

It's hard!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad