GDT: Autoloss #1 - Canes @ Avalanche - 9:00 PM

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So I only caught the last bit of the 3rd period because I was taking justhereforthefights out for a belated birthday dinner, but I caught that somebody sustained a lower body injury in the 3rd - who was it?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So I only caught the last bit of the 3rd period because I was taking justhereforthefights out for a belated birthday dinner, but I caught that somebody sustained a lower body injury in the 3rd - who was it?

Dvorak

Also, it sounds as though letting my roommate experience the glory that is Pulp Fiction was a good move for tonight.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
yes sir you are correct. team full of stupid hockey players who have no idea how to execute hockey systems devised by kirky. yes sir. bums..........hang head and :cry:

When responding, it's not necessary to state the obvious; that I am correct. Do you do this to your teachers at school? No, so a simple "Thank you for broadening my knowledge, sir" will be quite sufficient.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
When Skinner goes down, this team becomes so much easier to defend. Serious lack of skill on this team, combined with an allergy to any sort of physical play. Getting Skinner back is key and if Lindholm can stay healthy, I do think he will add a lot of skill to this squad, but they have to stop letting teams just waltz in.

While I agree there's not much Peters could have done on those goals, imagine the hate Cam Ward would have gotten in the "Rage against the machine" thread if he had allowed those same 4 goals. :laugh:

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
When Skinner goes down, this team becomes so much easier to defend. Serious lack of skill on this team, combined with an allergy to any sort of physical play. Getting Skinner back is key and if Lindholm can stay healthy, I do think he will add a lot of skill to this squad, but they have to stop letting teams just waltz in.

While I agree there's not much Peters could have done on those goals, imagine the hate Cam Ward would have gotten in the "Rage against the machine" thread if he had allowed those same 4 goals. :laugh:

Skinner absolutely provides a necessary scoring threat on the "3rd line." And you're right, when he's not in the lineup, the matchups are so much easier for the other team.

Alas, I did not watch last night. Fortunately my Senators were on NHL Network. However, MacLean was woefully out coached and they lost to Anaheim 2-1. They might think about firing him.

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I only watched the last few minutes of the game. How they kept the Avs from getting an empty net is beyond me. It looked like the Pee Wee squad playing an NHL team. Have we sunk this low? Goodbye second place in the Metro Division. It never felt so good to be #2.:sarcasm:

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
I only watched the last few minutes of the game. How they kept the Avs from getting an empty net is beyond me. It looked like the Pee Wee squad playing an NHL team. Have we sunk this low? Goodbye second place in the Metro Division. It never felt so good to be #2.:sarcasm:

Some of it has to do with being 9-1 and top of the league. We are nowhere near that level. They are young, fast, very skilled. Duchene is just nasty.

We have been playing some top teams to start the season, Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA, and now Colorado. Everyone in the Metro has been mediocre except for Pittsburgh. Top 3 is easily attainable if we stay healthy. Good thing we play NYI more often :handclap:

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Been away for a couple of days and came back to find Peters as the starting goalie. :shakehead

The hockey gods must absolutely adore this guy to take out both goaltenders again so that Pete gets to play. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad