GDT: Austria Vs Russia | 29/12 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
So what? Datsyuk was undrafted as well and Yakupov was the first round pick.
That’s what I mean - they were nobodies at the time of the WJHC. Panarin himself admitted he was slacking at Vityaz at first. They were not considered super talents at that time like Kyzya and Taras.

So in 3-5 years there’s a chance we say this team was loaded with talent - Khusnutdinov, Bardakov, Groshev etc. Who knows how they progress

Reactions: Flynn84 and cska78

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Filatov, Davydov (isn't he subbing for Khabi?)
That's two. What's wrong with that? Especially given Golubovich and Filatov are the guys who worked with this age group before. No, no, this is all about the head coach who was taken just for his pretty name and put in charge way too early and not on merit.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
That's two. What's wrong with that? Especially given Golubovich and Filatov are the guys who worked with this ages group before. No, no, this is all about the head coach who was taken just for his pretty name and put in charge way to early and not on merit.
I totally agree with you on Larionov

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is that why Panarin stayed at freaking Vityaz for two more years?
What is "freaking" about Vityaz? It is geat at developing young talent. This current team has 5 Vityaz trained players.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Panarin was cut by Traktor, because he didn't have the attitude or the size, his success at WJC was a total eye-opener, I looked at him as a skilled floater. Same for Zaitsev he was playing for Sibir yes, he played with ball...z at the WJC yes, but he wasn't highly touted at that point and broke out later.

Reactions: Flynn84 and ViD

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If he was considered a super talent he would’ve been poached by one of the top teams much earlier and you know it
Uhhhmmm what? He's had 20 pts in his WJC year in the KHL(which is impressive enough), the very next season he ended up with AkBars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad