Lucas Thaler, Mora IK (SWE)
Maximilian Theirich, KAC Klagenfurt
Marlon Tschofen, EHC Kloten (SUI)
Dominik Unterweger, VEU Feldkirch
Finn van Ee, KAC Klagenfurt
Leon Wallner, Sodertalje SK (SWE)
Defencemen:
Jonas Kutzer, Dornbirner EC
Luis Lindner, Boston Junior Bruins (NCDC)
Lukas Necesany, Red Bull Salzburg
Timo Pallierer, Vienna Capitals
Jacob Pfeffer, Graz 99ers
Bernhard Posch, EC Bregenzerwald
Christoph Tialler, KAC Klagenfurt
Philipp Wimmer, Red Bull Salzburg
Goaltenders:
Jakob Brandner, Kotkan Titaanit (FIN)
Leon Sommer, Steel Wings Linz
Sebastian Wraneschitz, Vienna Capitals

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Mikhail Abramov, Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
Yegor Afanasiev, CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Rodion Amirov, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Zakhar Bardakov, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL)
Danil Bashkirov, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Yegor Chinakhov, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Vladislav Firstov, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Arseni Gritsyuk, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Maxim Groshev, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Marat Khusnutdinov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vasili Podkolzin, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vasili Ponomaryov, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)
Ilya Safonov, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yegor Spiridonov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Defencemen:
Roman Bychkov, Buran Voronezh (VHL)
Danil Chaika, CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Semyon Chistyakov, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Kirill Kirsanov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Artemi Knyazev, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yan Kuznetsov, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Shakir Mukhamadullin, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Yegor Shekhovtsov, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)
Goaltenders:
Artur Akhtyamov, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yaroslav Askarov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vsevolod Skotnikov, CSKA Moscow (KHL)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Can Austria get more shots than goals against. That's been a real struggle in the first 2 games and I don't see it being a given here either. Their goalie did really well to hold Sweden to 4 goals, but given Russia will be frustrated after being shut out last game they're going to want to open the flood gates as soon as they can. I'll say 8-0 Russia with 4 points from Abramov

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Let's hope Larionov doesn't invent another great "strategy" like he did vs. the Czechs.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Austria's going to get massacred here. The Russians are surely tuned to redeem themselves after the loss in the previous game. They will just slaughter the poor team Austria, expect double digits.

Reactions: 57special

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Austria's going to get massacred here. The Russians are surely tuned to redeem themselves after the loss in the previous game. They will just slaughter the poor team Austria, expect double digits.

Problem is, even if they win, it wouldn't prove much - with all due respect to the Austrian juniors. Not sure how they'll redeem themselves then. The match vs. Sweden will show a bit more.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Contrary to many of the posters, I think this game will be much closer and that Austria will go up early and the Russians will need to chase them from behind to win. From what I've seen from the Czech game, Larionov is clueless and can't motivate the players.

Reactions: Passionis

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
I don't expect double digits, but I think Russia will have no issues taking this one.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Russia comes in pissed off and obliterates Austria this game. Could get ugly.

If they are truly pissed off, they need to save it for tomorrow against Sweden. That will determine whether they end up in 3rd place in the groupings for the QF.

Reactions: snipes

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Problem is, even if they win, it wouldn't prove much - with all due respect to the Austrian juniors. Not sure how they'll redeem themselves then. The match vs. Sweden will show a bit more.

Of course it wouldn't prove much objectively. But after every loss, you should always go into the next game with some "healthy dose of anger", really wanting to do your best and show everybody you really are some great team. This is the basic psychology of a sportsman, and I don't doubt the Russians to have this right sporting mentality. Austria is just going to fall victim to this.

Last edited:

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
If they are truly pissed off

I watched the post game interview with the players and, interestingly enough, they didn't look pissed at all. They complimented the Czechs on their effort, confirmed that they need to improve their game, pointed out on their own mistakes, but they didn't look upset at all.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Contrary to many of the posters, I think this game will be much closer and that Austria will go up early and the Russians will need to chase them from behind to win.
You can think whatever you want about Larionov and whatnot but what evidence is there Austria can score a goal at all, nevermind scoring first and putting up any kind of resistance? If they manage to reach double digits in shots it will be an achievement in itself.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I expect 70+shots for Russia.nkt sure about goals since the Austrian goalie has been the player of the tournament so far.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Austria - Russia 1:0.

I hope our pathetic offense can redeem itself against the weakest opponent.

Maybe if we’re extremely lucky we can even score a PP goal or see Podkolzin or Amirov produce.

Btw, Russia was shut out in a round robin game for the first time since 2012. Make it twice if we count the Canada game. Worst offense I’ve seen in many years

Last edited:

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Don't care about final score, much more interested to see Russia with a good power play tonight.

But there's very little they can do in this game to redeem themselves. To do that, they would have to confidently beat Sweden

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Don't care about final score, much more interested to see Russia with a good power play tonight.

But there's very little they can do in this game to redeem themselves. To do that, they would have to confidently beat Sweden

"Confidently beat Sweden" rarely happens anyway, most of these games are pretty close :). At least Sweden's style fits Russia's more than the Czech Republic's. This will be an interesting litmus test.

Reactions: c9gunner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad