Auston Matthews

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Lindros was a war on skates and made himself into a big target. What Matthews needs to do is just play chippier, lean into guys, pop out the hip and drive/lean on defensemen (especially in a playoff matchup) and get crazy with the stick work once in a blue moon to keep people honest.
You're not wrong with Matthews. A high stick and a hard elbow would go a long way for him. You see Tavares with it every now and then. Marner and Nylander don't have it in them

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You're not wrong with Matthews. A high stick and a hard elbow would go a long way for him. You see Tavares with it every now and then. Marner and Nylander don't have it in them

Take a 2 minute high stick by accident, make sure someone giving you trouble is chewing on the end of your blade. 2-4 minutes in the penalty box and you get 2 weeks of open space.

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Take a 2 minute high stick by accident, make sure someone giving you trouble is chewing on the end of your blade. 2-4 minutes in the penalty box and you get 2 weeks of open space.

It might work, his name is not Kadri...:sarcasm:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Hey man, just got to watch some Sundin scrums and guaranteed it works. The game isn’t as new age as you’d imagine.

I agree with you...you need to learn to protect yourself and play smart in the NHL. It's like facing a bully...if you don't stand up for yourself, you'll just keep getting it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I agree with you...you need to learn to protect yourself and play smart in the NHL. It's like facing a bully...if you don't stand up for yourself, you'll just keep getting it.

Yeah exactly. The Leafs went into this series with the Ghost of Phil Kessel/Joffrey Lupul still hanging around as would be bully victims.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

No kidding.

We have several players regularly handing over their lunch money to the other team.

A guy listed at 6'3 223lbs should not be doing that ever, in fact, he should be doing the opposite.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Great player! Young! Leaf!
Need to trade him for a vet while we still can so we can get some grit and intangibles and a torn ACL
At least we will give him away for some magic beans all on our own and on behest of Leafs Nation, and not lose him to some thief.
Nylander needs to go. I am sure there are some high skilled Europeans on the Marlies we can package off too. Let's revisit that Harold Ballard hell!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
No talk of Matthews injuries.

I guess he plays a non-contact game now. Better than repeated injuries.

5 goals was pretty impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad