Auston Matthews

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I said this during his first year and neophyte fans tried to tell me I was wrong. I didn't care knowing I was right.

Matthews needs to play a more aggressive game. He needs to learn that hitting is a part of the game.
He stands behind players and tries to lift his opponents stick. And, TBH, he's good at it. I wish he was more physical because, otherwise, it gives his opponents a pass.

Check out the first 2 goals against Toronto, last night - Matthews is "standing" a few feet away when they score.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
BE the best goal scoring Center in the league?
A PPG + 5, a minus 3 in Toronto's biggest game, and he gets a $11.65M/yr contract. I gotta get on THAT train...

2zcwdu.jpg

Last edited:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The Leafs need to either find Matthews a playmaker, or find Tavares a playmaker and let Marner play with him. And no, I don't think William "I QUIT" Nylander is that answer. Maybe Bracco, but that's a lot of pressure for a rookie. Maybe see what's available via free agency? I know the Leafs are facing cap problems, but still...

Personally, I wish the Leafs could find a team convinced that Nylander might be an effective second line center solution and trade him either for a good playmaking winger, or a good defenceman.
Why are you ignoring 16/17 and 17/18 when Matthews and Nylander were dynamite, because they barely had a chance to play together in 18/18. Nylander is one of the best passers on the team, we already know they have chemistry, and he got paid based on his production with Matthews. He's going to play on 34's wing.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
A PPG + 5, a minus 3 in Toronto's biggest game, and he gets a $11.65M/yr contract. I gotta get on THAT train.
Scores goals at a higher rate than anyone in the entire League over the past 3 years (y'know, his whole career, thus far).

Get on that train, and then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Scores goals at a higher rate than anyone in the entire League over the past 3 years (y'know, his whole career, thus far).

Get on that train, and then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on.
Can't stay healthy. Doesn't have to face the other team's top defensive pairing. Not even a PPG in his career. Must be sweet!!! Must be sweet, indeed.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Can't stay healthy. Doesn't have to face the other team's top defensive pairing. Not even a PPG in his career. Must be sweet!!! Must be sweet, indeed.
Matthews spent the first two years of his career going up against top competition.

This is like criticizing Malkin for playing behind Crosby...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Ya...... so you aren’t even a leaf fan.... you just made an account to complain about matthews?

I find this behaviour odd.... why would you post 2 thousand times in less than a year when your only topic is to complain about a player you aren’t even a fan of.... even on other teams boards?

What possesses someone to do that? Very bizzare

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Anyway, I am off for the day. I'm going to spend the day trying to get a ticket on the Auston Matthews Train.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Anyway, I am off for the day. I'm going to spend the day trying to get a ticket on the Auston Matthews Train.

But what's the +5? Are you saying he was a point-per-game and then some? As if it's some sort of bad thing? Why not just say he's an over a point-per-game player?

This is genuinely baffling.

Sabres fan troll I think.

Every single post has been Matthews sucks. Like entirely

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Not a fan. Buffalo fan troll. Not worth detailing the thread
:biglaugh:
If that's true, then he really has NO leg to stand on criticizing Matthews for his contract and production. Which team is it that's paying Jack Eichel a similar amount for LESS production again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad