Confirmed with Link: Auston Matthews wins the Calder

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Still cant believe we drafted this guy.

Generational talent to be our franchise player for the next 15+ years. Unbelievable. The sky is the limit for this man. His talent, compete, accomplishments and composure at this age is simply amazing.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This is something I might consider purchasing if I see it in person at a store.

http://www.fanatics.com/NHL_Toronto...2017_NHL_Calder_Trophy_Winner_T-Shirt_-_Royal

thumb.aspx

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Congrats Awesome Matthews!

Did you guys watch Laine's face when they announced the winner? He eye rolled so hard ahahahahaha

maybe next year don't shoot it into your own net. :sarcasm:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Feels Good Man.

Worth noting, we was 4 goals off the Richard, 6th in Lady Byng, and got votes for the Hart as well.

Wow, that's very cool. I didn't realize that but yeah I just looked it up and he was 11th (Hart). That is so awesome, I look forward to him working his way up that list and maybe he'll reach the top at some point. I said it a long time ago, I think it's very possible there's a Hart trophy in his future. :nod:

wow leafs have a superstar player ?

pinch me
:laugh: I know how you feel. :laugh::laugh:

Speed Metal

May 2, 2016
Atta boy Auston!!!

:handclap: Auston was clearly the front runner for the Calder. His game is already quite mature. His stick work with the puck and when stripping someone of the puck, is just amazing. His hand/eye coordination is extremely good. And the way he finds space in the slot is great. He is just so fun to watch! And he's a Leaf!!

I remember when Wendel got drafted. Everyone was very excited. Same thing when we brought Gilmour and Sundin in. But I've never been so optimistic about the Leaf's chances at winning the Cup as I am right now. And our Calder winner Auston Matthews is a HUGE reason why.

Congratulations Auston!!! You better build yourself a very large trophy room :)

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I want to smack the 3 people who didn't vote for him.
(like it wouldn't have bothered me if it was like relatively close - but 163 people voted for Matty. who were the 3 dumbdumbs who didn't?)

I have no issue with anyone who voted for Werenski, or the guy not on the ballot, goalie Murray. Very good arguments could be made for both.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Been waiting along with Leaf Nation a long time since 1966 since the previous Leaf Brit Selby won the Calder.

Auston had the season I dreamed he would, by breaking Leaf all-time rookie records for goals & points and winning the Calder.

Tank Nation was rewarded for their sacrifice, to prove you have to lose sometimes in the present in order to win big down the road and Matthews delivered in spades this year.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Been waiting along with Leaf Nation a long time since 1966 since the previous Leaf Selby won the Calder.

Auston had the season I dreamed he would, by breaking Leaf all-time rookie records for goals & points and winning the Calder.

Tank Nation was rewarded for their sacrifice, to prove you have to lose sometimes in the present in order to win big down the road and Matthews delivered in spades this year.

Chapter 1 of the Leafs/Matthews saga has gone according to script. :nod:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have no issue with anyone who voted for Werenski, or the guy not on the ballot, goalie Murray. Very good arguments could be made for both.

:laugh: it's not that. like Laine/Murray, Werenski all were great. but i think when you look at the Ballot and see that 164 people out of 167 voted for Matthews first place...

WHY YOU REBEL?!

We get worked up when we do well. We get worked up when we don't do well. We get worked up when it's Thursday... :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

we're a very worked-up-able bunch.

i don't usually go into the specific team boards unless it's something pertaining to us and them linked so I don't know why they would be overtly insecure or whatever. i legitimately hope they do well. I mean, I hope we smoke them when we meet in the Cup Final in a year or two, - but other than that I really wouldn't see why they'd be insecure about anything.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
:laugh: it's not that. like Laine/Murray, Werenski all were great. but i think when you look at the Ballot and see that 164 people out of 167 voted for Matthews first place...

WHY YOU REBEL?!
I think it's safe to assume the same people who gave Laine the 3 first place votes were the same people who gave Matthews the same 3 second place votes. In my opinion that makes it look a lot worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad