Confirmed with Link: Auston Matthews wins the Calder

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
So, so happy for Auston and my Leafs. I've been watching my team suck for over a decade (surrounded by Habs fans who rub it in at every opportunity - including my father) and it feels so good to have a bonafide superstar like Matthews and a superstar supporting cast (Nylander/Marner) right behind him. It's almost too good to be true..

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Loved seeing him accept that award. Very impressed with his speech. So clean.

McDavid is such a great player but it was sort of interesting seeing the differences in their speeches.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Not even close. Taking everything into account, he was the best rookie this year by a pretty far margin.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
He really deserved it. You believed he was going to be good coming into the season. But I had no idea he'd be this good right out of the gate. Just a fantastic personal season for him and he was a big part in getting the team back into the playoffs.

Well done.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I've watched the lottery draft. I've watched the entry draft. I watched every game this season, including playoffs. I just watched this kid win the Calder and I still can't believe that this guy is a Leaf :handclap:.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Feels Good Man.

Worth noting, we was 4 goals off the Richard, 6th in Lady Byng, and got votes for the Hart as well.

TMLFOREVER**

May 8, 2017
Auston rocking the new teeth work. Fixed a few issues and now has veneers. I watched his speech tonight and post calder interviews and compared to his draft interview. Big difference and about 20 grand worth of work. but if I was him, I would have done the exact same thing.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Congrats Auston, much deserved and it would of been a joke if he didnt win it....next silverware, Lord Stanley himself!... and you are right Auston, Leaf Nation are the best fans in the league!

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Stayed at centre throughout the season and competed with a really solid crop of rookies to win the award. Well deserved!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad