Injury Report: Auston Matthews: Hand injury (no details forthcoming)

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
alot To be determined by this years playoffs, but if the leafs are out in rd 1 again with a sub par matthews performance, the leafs should trade him this summer before the NMC kicks in on the final year. As mentioned, the hand injury may or may not be p come a chronic issue, but do you really want to give him the monster contract with that uncertainty. I sure wouldn’t.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Tampa defenders in game 1...
CyLErUc.gif

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'd say it was a pretty good kept secret, and it should be a relief to some who though he may have just fallen to earth. Now we can worry that it's a long term career affecting issue.
No way man. Matthews is a superstar gamer. Only way he performs the way he has been is with an injury.

Maybe we didn't know the specifics, but most of us knew something was wrong.

The whole concept of him taking it easy this season was (always) complete nonsense.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
Well duh, but this probably won't be enough for the haters who said its an "effort thing". Morons

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
worst kept secret of the season... so far.
Not to the mains narrative. Yes the best player in the world.all round no one better.Absolute monster. So he's like " ok, I can't shoot?, I'll just block every single shot f***a" best player in the league ainec

• Haha
Reactions: Stoneman89

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Not to the mains narrative. Yes the best player in the world.all round no one better.Absolute monster. So he's like " ok, I can't shoot?, I'll just block every single shot f***a" best player in the league ainec

According to the mainboards blocking lots of shots is a bad thing since it means you don't have possession of the puck enough :laugh:

Also has 57 hits in his last two playoff series, plays through injury constantly and still leads his playoff series in points and apparently he's still a soft playoff choker

Reactions: Zur En Arrh

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Surprised it was his hand that was reported. I am still in the bad back camp. He just doesn't move around like last year. But then again, he hasn't been lifting sticks and stealing pucks like last year.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Surprised it was his hand that was reported. I am still in the bad back camp. He just doesn't move around like last year. But then again, he hasn't been lifting sticks and stealing pucks like last year.

He looks heavier this year. I remember last season he dropped down to 212 and was looking faster than ever.

Reactions: Rude Dog

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
He looks heavier this year. I remember last season he dropped down to 212 and was looking faster than ever.
That hand is definitely in bad shape. I remember hearing that with the whip he generates on his shots he'd have wrist issues consistently.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
alot To be determined by this years playoffs, but if the leafs are out in rd 1 again with a sub par matthews performance, the leafs should trade him this summer before the NMC kicks in on the final year. As mentioned, the hand injury may or may not be p come a chronic issue, but do you really want to give him the monster contract with that uncertainty. I sure wouldn’t.

1. I hope his hand or whatever injuries he has are not long term issues
2. I hope that decides to stay here
3. If it looks to be long term or like he will leave then yes trade him. I would want the commitment before the NMC kicks in too.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
His wrist isnt looking any better to me, he is more mentally engaged with Marner and Marner gives him better opportunity. I have not seen a shot from distance, it wont happen in the playoffs either, imo. He will have surgury again for sure in the offseason. Either way, Marner will carry the Leafs to a playoff round 1 win.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
His wrist isnt looking any better to me, he is more mentally engaged with Marner and Marner gives him better opportunity. I have not seen a shot from distance, it wont happen in the playoffs either, imo. He will have surgury again for sure in the offseason. Either way, Marner will carry the Leafs to a playoff round 1 win.
Lol marner may be a great regular season player but playoff player is different story. Just look at his playoff stats. Arguably the worst playoff stats out of the big four. People keep forgetting how many goals he has scored in the playoffs…..

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Dudes back is eating crosshecks and his whole body is eating pucks every shift. While I appreciate the dedication to winning, its clearly taking a toll.

He hasnt looked right all season. I think Id be in favour of off season surgery if its warrranted.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Oilers fans in their mcdavid thread are crying hard Matthews won the Hart last year. Somehow it's a conspiracy. One guy even said he doesent understand how he won the lindsay lmfao. They are shook about our boy because he's the best all round player in the world when he's healthy..hahaha...

• Haha
Reactions: Stoneman89

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Oilers fans in their mcdavid thread are crying hard Matthews won the Hart last year. Somehow it's a conspiracy. One guy even said he doesent understand how he won the lindsay lmfao. They are shook about our boy because he's the best all round player in the world when he's healthy..hahaha...
Lets not get crazy. I don't think anyone here believes that.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
According to the mainboards blocking lots of shots is a bad thing since it means you don't have possession of the puck enough :laugh:

Also has 57 hits in his last two playoff series, plays through injury constantly and still leads his playoff series in points and apparently he's still a soft playoff choker
It's the best. I can't wait to watch edmonton get dummied in round one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad