Injury Report: Auston Matthews Day To Day

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
That was a fun week and a half there boys.

I knew it was bad when I went to TSN and the first image that popped up was a picture of Auston.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
My excitement goes down about 75% when he isnt playing. And ill be super pissed if he is back to not shooting again like last time. He just got back to where he was before he injury

Seriously, watching him play without shooting the puck is almost as bad as him sitting. I really hope we're not getting another repeat of his last injury's timeline.

Reactions: authentic

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
We should already be resting guys regardless. The rest of the season doesn't matter anymore. Muzzin, Holl, and Thornton need a couple games off, they can't go into the playoffs looking as tired as they have the last few games.

Actually it does kind of matter. If we make the conference finals, teams are re-seeded. Not much of a difference but I'd rather be 1 vs 4 than 2 vs 3

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Actually it does kind of matter. If we make the conference finals, teams are re-seeded. Not much of a difference but I'd rather be 1 vs 4 than 2 vs 3
Eh I don't exactly care at that point if we are playing Tampa or Colorado. Just like I honestly don't really care whether we win the division or not. Would all be nice but it is what it is.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Don't know why all the doom and gloom we have an excellent record when he's out of the lineup it's when he tries to play through it that we get into trouble .

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

This sucks. Big hole without him.

If Tavares plays well with Galchenyuk and Marner it may pave the way for a Foligno Matthews Nylander line or with Hyman.

As much as it sucks, it’s still an impressively decent lineup when you consider Matthews is injured, and both Nylander and Foligno are on COVID protocol. If most NHL teams were missing players of the quality of Matthews, Nylander and Foligno, they’d be much more garbage. The top line is still really good, the 2nd line is weak for a 2nd line but still decent, and the 4th line is a pretty good 4th line.

Don’t like that 3rd line though, Thornton and Simmonds on the same line is slooooowwwww. IMO the 4th line is better than the 3rd.

But overall, pretty decent considering no Matthews/Nylander/Foligno.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosscrease14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If leafs are gonna use "day to day" lingo to rest a few guys a little here and there I am fine with it ;)

also excited to see...

Galchenyuk-Tavares-Marner

hope this line sticks and then we can run

Foligno-Matthews-Nylander
Mikheyev-Engvall-Hyman (this line was GOLD)
Robertson-Kerfoot-Spezza

Reactions: Auston Powers

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Ok now I'm really confused: I thought Robertson was out with Covid precautions fcol!

Also, no worries with AM out a bit. We always stepped up in his absence.
Not sure if we even lost that many games during his absence. Feel free to correct me on that though.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Even if the Canucks games are a go were probably facing a taxi filled squad. We shouldn’t be worrying about playing them missing Mathews.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
This would explain how he was non-existent in the game against Montreal and Calgary.

He looked out of place since the midway point of the Montreal game. And if you remember against Calgary on the 4 minute PP, he flubbed a one timer and it wouldnt surprise me if the wrist was jammed on that play.

Reactions: authentic

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Good chance we get caved in tonight by a Winnipeg team looking to catch us, taking advantage of Auston and Willy. That said, I don't care in the slightest. Get this guy friggen guy healthy for the damn playoffs.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
As much as it sucks, it’s still an impressively decent lineup when you consider Matthews is injured, and both Nylander and Foligno are on COVID protocol. If most NHL teams were missing players of the quality of Matthews, Nylander and Foligno, they’d be much more garbage. The top line is still really good, the 2nd line is weak for a 2nd line but still decent, and the 4th line is a pretty good 4th line.

Don’t like that 3rd line though, Thornton and Simmonds on the same line is slooooowwwww. IMO the 4th line is better than the 3rd.

But overall, pretty decent considering no Matthews/Nylander/Foligno.
It just funny you mention missing Foligno. like he hasn't played all season for us. Darn! LOL!

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Ok now I'm really confused: I thought Robertson was out with Covid precautions fcol!

Also, no worries with AM out a bit. We always stepped up in his absence.
Not sure if we even lost that many games during his absence. Feel free to correct me on that though.
Robertson was removed from covid protocol and allowed to rejoin the leafs this morning

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Rest him, even if it's multiple games. Playoffs are a lock, I don't care who we face or if we slip a spot or 2. If we're healthy we should be able to beat anyone in the North.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad