Post-Game Talk: Auston Clutchhews! Leafs win 4:3 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
So you're saying Babcock learned something in the first 2 periods that he was unaware of?

Unaware of after coaching this team all season? And the season before that? And the one before that?....

Unaware of after hundreds and hundreds of hours of watching them practice?

Yeah, sure....
Ahhh so you’re saying you stop learning because you’ve seen it all. Don’t make changes cause you’ve experienced it all. You’re all- knowing so you can be stubborn. You’re set in your ways and can’t be wrong. If Babcock thinks like you, he’s a worse coach than I thought.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It felt like a playoff game. This has the makings of an amazing rivalry for years to come.

It will be an amazing rivalry, but it is the Bruins right now.

My opinion is the one rivalry that has been laying dormant for a while is the Habs. Wait until we finally meet in the playoffs, it will ignite a shit storm of hate, generational hate lol

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I could see it happening but it's possible that he has improved as well. He's only reaching his prime in goalie years. I believe it's possible he doesn't regress to his career norms, yes.
I'll take the bet that says he ends the season closer to his .919 career save % than at his current .931.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'll take the bet that says he ends the season closer to his .919 career save % than at his current .931.
You can act like a hero about it but all I said is there is a chance he maintains his play. I didn't say it was guaranteed and wouldn't put money on it, but there is a chance. You said he will regress as if it was an absolute.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
the crazy thing is that the team is actually slumping right now, consistently being outplayed, 4 straight games with at least 40 shots against and being outshot by 25% or so in that period of time. It doesn't seem to matter, Andersen does enough to win and the offense is efficient with its chances. You'd like to get back to running teams out of the rink and keeping the shots below 30 but its hard not to like 5 wins in a row

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Not even Tampa?

We have no real history with Tampa, to the Leafs Tampa is just that other team in Florida, I believe a rivalry will develop with them especially if we meet them in the playoffs.

Right now and in the future the Bruins, Sabres, Lightning will be our main rivals. Right now Boston occupies the top spot but with their aging core guys (Chara, Bergeron, Krejci etc) I would predict Buffalo becomes enemy #1 for us in a couple years.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
You can act like a hero about it but all I said is there is a chance he maintains his play. I didn't say it was guaranteed and wouldn't put money on it, but there is a chance. You said he will regress as if it was an absolute.
How am I acting like a hero? Not my fault you perceive it that way.

Im just saying he's outperforming his career norms and he has a large enough sample size to suggest that he wont keep it up.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Sabres fan here

Is it true that your number 1 rival is Montreal and the Sabres number 2?

Do you think that the Sabres will be your biggest rival for the next decade?

Also, love the games between us in our building. Those of you that have made it down for one know how electric the building is for these games.

No I don't think so. IMO rivalries are born in the playoff, of which Leafs have been lacking in that department for a bit too long. Our only real rivalry right now is Boston since they've stung us a few times where it hurts. I hold more malice towards Caps from two years ago than I do towards the poor beat down Sens and MTL.

Nothing significant has happened between any other divisional teams in recent years to make a rivalry a thing.

Buf and Tor wont be a real rivalry until we meet in the post season, though the games a certainly more entertaining with the split fans in the building. Nothing I love more than back and forth chanting.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
In terms of rivalry at the moment, only Boston games give this Leafs' fan butterflies. Tampa and Buffalo don't yet but it's only December. I find a game against Winnipeg and Vancouver more intense than any Atlantic division game other than Boston.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Ahhh so you’re saying you stop learning because you’ve seen it all. Don’t make changes cause you’ve experienced it all. You’re all- knowing so you can be stubborn. You’re set in your ways and can’t be wrong. If Babcock thinks like you, he’s a worse coach than I thought.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Not at all.

I'm saying that Babcock has vastly more information to work from than any of us.

I suspect he's learning from that and making his decisions accordingly.

What makes you think he's not?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We also have way to many armchair GMs that think they know more then Coach who has been doing it at the highest levels for decades now. They all say the same thing as you or some variation of it. Trying to defend their opinion and how their opinion is fact while everyone else's including the professionals who get actually paid and paid well to actually do the job is faulty and incorrect.
Its so pointless responding to these clear misunderstandings

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It will be an amazing rivalry, but it is the Bruins right now.

My opinion is the one rivalry that has been laying dormant for a while is the Habs. Wait until we finally meet in the playoffs, it will ignite a **** storm of hate, generational hate lol

You know it. If we meet the Habs in the playoffs it'll be so intense, I may forget Boston even has a team. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: DanM

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
just wanted to quote myself for posterity.

because this is 100% true, and we all know it.

If you're going to be arrogant enough to quote yourself, don't use absolutes when it comes to things neither you nor I "know."

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Yea probably true but our PK needs to get better, so more practice wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately thats the problem with the league is they try to make it as even as possible with make up calls /ice tilt, etc. Like the other top offensive team in the league - Tampa, has 32 more powerplay opportunities. That shouldn't happen.

I think that has to do with them making more plays and moving their feet/forchecking hard. I don't see that from the leafs as much.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
There are some gem comments on the Sabres board, one saying that when the Sabres are “polished” they won’t “Let the Leafs anywhere near the cup.”Or how the Leafs don’t scare them.

But they conveniently forget that we didn’t even have Nylander playing and hilariously think we have no other players who will be coming up from the system, for example the Leafs are going to be having at least 3 players on Sweden at the WJC (Sandin, Liljegren, Holmberg)

Basically Sabres fans exhibit severe cases of delusion.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
You know it. If we meet the Habs in the playoffs it'll be so intense, I may forget Boston even has a team. :laugh::laugh:

100%!!!

It would be glorious. So much history behind it. People forget it was a rivalry based on history, geography, politics, language, etc. It would easily be number 1 if we started meeting in playoff battles.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
There are some gem comments on the Sabres board, one saying that when the Sabres are “polished” they won’t “Let the Leafs anywhere near the cup.”Or how the Leafs don’t scare them.

But they conveniently forget that we didn’t even have Nylander playing and hilariously think we have no other players who will be coming up from the system, for example the Leafs are going to be having at least 3 players on Sweden at the WJC (Sandin, Liljegren, Holmberg)

They are just acting like little Eichels. Maybe give them a timeout.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto

Hows Alex Nylander coming along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad