Post-Game Talk: Audit results are in?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It is sad that a 30 year old Sam Gagner is immediately the 4th best offensive forward on the team.

I agree about Yamamoto, he should be shopped to a team in the east, somewhere where his lack of size isn't as glaring of a detriment. People trying and say the game is all about "speed and skill", but unless a little guy has the skill of a Gaudreau or a St Louis, it just makes it that much harder to compete.

That first powerplay that Gagner was on and fired a low shot on net, which caused a ton of havoc is exactly why I always enjoyed watching him play. Didn't piss around a dust it off, just put it on net and hope someone cleans up the mess.

Gagner is 29, don't throw dirt on him just yet..;)

But yeah, you get it. Gagner was always a sensible get the puck down low type player and works well in those areas. I said even before the game that he would really be an asset on our 2nd unit PP. He runs a sound PP. One of the things that people that don't get Gagner, don't understand, is its not how fast the player is, Gagner can think the game fast, and move the puck crisply. He anticipates offense well. yes, he's our 4th best offensive forward almost by default considering Lucic has packed it in again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid is the team captain he isnt going to call out any of his teammates. If that's what your saying he should be doing with Looch. Im sure he would rather have 6m in cap vs Lucic, everyone would.

Every org has careful closed door meetings. Sometimes you have to have those, and they have to be confidential. Maybe its happening. Like I say since Connors statement Talbot and Spooner are gone. Talbot is a solid guy, but he probably needed a chance in scenery.

I don't think Caggiulia would have been traded by Gretzky. I doubt he makes a deal like that. Seems like that was Chiarelli stubbornly screwing the org just like MacT did when he sent Petry packing.

Reactions: A91

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Every org has careful closed door meetings. Sometimes you have to have those, and they have to be confidential. Maybe its happening. Like I say since Connors statement Talbot and Spooner are gone. Talbot is a solid guy, but he probably needed a chance in scenery.

I don't think Caggiulia would have been traded by Gretzky. I doubt he makes a deal like that. Seems like that was Chiarelli stubbornly screwing the org just like MacT did when he sent Petry packing.

IMO that was Hitch. Notice that all the players who didn’t get a shot under Hitch are gone. Surprised Rattie is still here.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
He missed the playoffs his rookie season and that is it. Won his first cup in year four after losing in the finals in year three. The Pens have been in the playoffs every season of Sid's arrival minus the aforementioned rookie season.

Wow I was WAY off! Could have sworn I saw that stat when we played them last week. But I guess that's what happens when I skip through games quickly. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: McFuhryous

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Yeah, I said in another thread that in fairness to Hitch it would be hard to believe that a roster could contain McDRai, and Nuge, and still be this bad. Somebody that might have less familiarity might be amazed how much Chiarelli had ****canned the entire roster.

I mean for Hitch there was a phone call, he threw some bags on a plane, got here without sleep and started being involved in continued pressers, work, catching up. This is an old man without sleep for days (and he said that) who wanted to give the team some positive hope and said some things to impact it.

I don't think he though it was lies either. Nobody could assume the overall lineup and roster was this bad. We know this because we follow the club intimately. Maybe Hitch, retired, and for all we know not on top of current hockey events, maybe he didn't know how bad things had become here with the lineup. His statement could be consistent with a lineup capable of competing. He also couldn't have imagined how a 4th NHL pick, and Lucic could POSSIBLY be this bad.

I'm sure theres been moments where Hitch has been looking over his roster thinking wheres all the players? This is it? He probably even inquired on if theres any more usable players on IR. Its not like he had lots of time to prepare of compose before answering questions.

IMO, the management team used Hitch as the mouthpiece when he was hired because he wasn’t objectionable to the fans.

That’s not to say any of those ideas aren’t his, but he surely got management’s message out, while McLellan was in “screw these guys, I gotta make this mess of a team somehow work” mode.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Audit results are in. We suck even with Klefbom, Russell, our our newly minted rich starter in goal. And no one else not named McDavid, Drai or Nuge can find the net. Unless someone thinks Sekera is going to come in a save the team. and I bet there are some people out there that are naive enough to believe that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Just chiming in on the season ticket waiting list.

I believe the list is still pretty long. I have heard that cancellations are up and people getting calls are asking to remain on list but to call the next guy.

Could be worse. Katz needs 97 more now than ever before.

That makes sense. The number of people willing to put up 75 bucks or whatever it is to just stay on the list would very likely not be 0 right now. But, the amount of people willing to go from 75 bucks a year (as they wait for the team to finally not suck) to spending thousands on a hopeless mess that almost certainly will not be good next year? Could definitely see that being near 0 now.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
IMO, the management team used Hitch as the mouthpiece when he was hired because he wasn’t objectionable to the fans.

That’s not to say any of those ideas aren’t his, but he surely got management’s message out, while McLellan was in “screw these guys, I gotta make this mess of a team somehow work” mode.

This is what I've felt all along.

I've said before that the Hitch hiring was an absolute knock out for the org. His track record speaks for itself, he would instil stability (for a while anyway), possibly stop the bleeding, and - most importantly - handle the flack and fall out if he couldn't and the team continued to spiral. The 'interim' tag was there for a reason.

The one on K Gretzky however is a bit worrisome, as I feel it is not.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Audit results are in. We suck even with Klefbom, Russell, our our newly minted rich starter in goal. And no one else not named McDavid, Drai or Nuge can find the net. Unless someone thinks Sekera is going to come in a save the team. and I bet there are some people out there that are naive enough to believe that.

Our former GM did

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I doubt it.
But I did meet K. Lowe at some indoor kids play park when I was a kid. So I’m pretty well connected in this city
Oh my. Was he wearing all the rings? I feel like he would have a Thanos gauntlet and one snap would tarnish a legacy and destroy hockey teams.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Its an agreed statement by Gretzky, Sather, and other sources themselves, and contained in respective biographies. It happened. Gretz could have reversed but at that point he felt things had gone too far, and that things wouldn't be the same here either after the events.
I’m not disputing Sather said anything. I’m questioning how much weight was really behind what he was saying. I have a hard time believing that on the day of that trade that anybody was talking Pocklington out of it. I always took that conversation as Sather trying to offer emotional support to Gretzky and really not much more. It had gone too far by that point for anybody to back out. Considering the two crooks involved in that deal, I’m sure there would have been all kinds of lawsuits if anybody had tried to pull the plug on it.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Its so depressing that all of that tanking and sucking was for nothing. Truly pathetic that the management core in that time are still employed by this organization.
**** you Daryll Katz.

His only concerns are collecting mansions and hookers

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m not disputing Sather said anything. I’m questioning how much weight was really behind what he was saying. I have a hard time believing that on the day of that trade that anybody was talking Pocklington out of it. I always took that conversation as Sather trying to offer emotional support to Gretzky and really not much more. It had gone to far by that point for anybody to back out. Considering the two crooks involved in that deal, I’m sure there would have been all kinds of lawsuits if anybody had tried to pull the plug on it.
Yep, solid reply and very well expressed. Can't disagree with that. For all we know at that point it was loaded, trigger pulled, and no real way out of it.

The ironic thing that didn't sit well with me as Gretzky came here as rich peoples pawn to deal as they like and he left here the same way. Only this time with a 15M yield for Pocklington who would apparently sell his mother if there were any buyers..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His only concerns are collecting mansions and hookers

In LA they prefer to call them fledgling actresses and models. Its like everybody wants to be one.

In a different age it was Nurses, Teachers, Writers, Stewardesses. Now any young female that posts a picture of themselves with a description wants to be an actress/model.

We live in pretty vacant times I think.

Somehow I got OT there, that hardly ever happens...;)

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
In LA they prefer to call them fledgling actresses and models. Its like everybody wants to be one.

In a different age it was Nurses, Teachers, Writers, Stewardesses. Now any young female that posts a picture of themselves with a description wants to be an actress/model.

Katz is 100% a sleezebag, the local media is too scared to report anything against him but hes got awful reputation down there. Here is an article from the most famous movie publication in the world:

‘Jane the Virgin’ Actress Says NHL Owner Offered Movie Role for Sex (EXCLUSIVE)

How many of the other 30 league owners have d list actresses going public with these types of allegations. Guy is so socially awkward and doesnt have an iota of charisma.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yep, solid reply and very well expressed. Can't disagree with that. For all we know at that point it was loaded, trigger pulled, and no real way out of it.

The ironic thing that didn't sit well with me as Gretzky came here as rich peoples pawn to deal as they like and he left here the same way. Only this time with a 15M yield for Pocklington who would apparently sell his mother if there were any buyers..
I feel bad for Gretzky. The guy has been surrounded by sharks and used since he was a teenager. After he left here he became McNall’s toy. Then the guy in Arizona (can’t recall his name). Katz used him for the Seattle fiasco and whatever his plans are for the team now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I feel bad for Gretzky. The guy has been surrounded by sharks and used since he was a teenager. After he left here he became McNall’s toy. Then the guy in Arizona (can’t recall his name). Katz used him for the Seattle fiasco and whatever his plans are for the team now.

The sad thing is its been that way for Gretzky and Walter since he was around 10 if not before that. Its shocking how much subterfuge there was even when he was a kid. Teams wanting his services, parents wanting their kids to play with Gretzky, other kids parents mad that Gretz got icetime their kids didn't. There were plots back then larger than life and The Gretzky's had a lot of very hard moments dealing with it. The only thing deduced is some people are scum, Gretz had to play on different teams in minor hockey just to get away from the negativity and vicious adults and even kids in the game.

Reading biographies on his early days is a whole lot sadder than one would think. That Gretzky drinks in present day is no real surprise to me. He's seen some of the very worst in people.

But by the time Gretz came here he had learned to be pretty old for his age. Basically Gretz and agent had choice to go with either the Winnipeg Jets or Edmonton oilers. That Edmonton had the Coliseum, a much better rink than Winnipeg had, and that Edmonton was considered more likely to be an NHL expansion franchise was one of the salient reasons Gretzky said "well, lets go to Edmonton"

The way things happen can be so random like that.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Lol too true. A lot of girls just put up an Instagram account, take slutty photos, and go to tropical destinations (I'm guessing paid by a model agency or sugar daddy?) while taking more slutty photos on their vacation (mostly more slutty photos). That's the new rage these days.
Then there are the Instagram girls who take more pics of themselves "working out" than actual reps :laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Katz is 100% a sleezebag, the local media is too scared to report anything against him but hes got awful reputation down there. Here is an article from the most famous movie publication in the world:

‘Jane the Virgin’ Actress Says NHL Owner Offered Movie Role for Sex (EXCLUSIVE)

How many of the other 30 league owners have d list actresses going public with these types of allegations. Guy is so socially awkward and doesnt have an iota of charisma.
Well, for clarity, the boyfriend of the model is a serial conman, he's an "FBI informant" due to being an established criminal that has rolled on associates. He's a dirtbag far in excess of anything about Katz. For clarity the girl got 20K as a "good faith"gesture prior to agreeing to meet with Katz and was sent 35K later for not having any sex, and simply going to his room and saying no. The girl kept 55K, on one night, an amount most of us earn in a year.. She then said she was just playing ball, this is what happens in Hollywood "all the time" and she complains about it, while benefitting financially, copiously, so that some guys can fantasize about almost getting in the sack with her.

Doesn't sound like the worst gig in the world and one movie called ironically Jane the virgin, doesn't make her that, or an actress.

Theres lots of reasons to hate on Katz and assume he's a Weinstein but the allegations don't include assault, don't include anything other than Katz being suggestive, in his hotel room which he is allowed to do. The girl left, had no difficulty leaving, and had only experience lascivious comments and offers she gets "all the time" but in this instance Katz is rich so they tried to extort him for 3M for some propped up offense.

Read the article again (and I've also read other sources) and tell me if your end impression is just that Cipriano, a confirmed ex con with multiple offenses, and his spouse are just opportunists and a dirtbag variety found in Hollywood or whether Katz is the targeted bad guy. Katz could use better judgement, sure, and be a better person, sure, but the pretense of his offers to the girl were pretty clearly sex and movies. He's paid actresses for "companionship" as well and sometimes no more than just accompanying to a party or some such thing. The common arrangement in Hollywood is that high rollers do this and its up to the girl in question if they want more money. Same thing happens around the world whether it be NY, Paris, London, Moscow, and most infamously places like Tokyo, Shanghai etc.

btw the same model is now intimate with a Mexican mogul sugar daddy, Carlos Bremner and also close with Carlos Slim two shady business people (even by Mexican standards) who are investigated regularly. She's also tried to have dealings with Leo DiCaprio trying to meet with him and his reps to pitch a movie about her former dirtbag spouse, who she's moved on from.

This btw is what Carlos Bremner looks like, not that I'm judging, but talk about having to pay for it;
6145116-6385965-image-a-53_1542143641013.jpg

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Well, for clarity, the boyfriend of the model is a serial conman, he's an "FBI informant" due to being an established criminal that has rolled on associates. He's a dirtbag far in excess of anything about Katz. For clarity the girl got 20K as a "good faith"gesture prior to agreeing to meet with Katz and was sent 35K later for not having any sex, and simply going to his room and saying no. The girl kept 55K, on one night, an amount most of us earn in a year.. She then said she was just playing ball, this is what happens in Hollywood "all the time" and she complains about it, while benefitting financially, copiously, so that some guys can fantasize about almost getting in the sack with her.

Doesn't sound like the worst gig in the world and one movie called ironically Jane the virgin, doesn't make her that, or an actress.

Theres lots of reasons to hate on Katz and assume he's a Weinstein but the allegations don't include assault, don't include anything other than Katz being suggestive, in his hotel room which he is allowed to do. The girl left, had no difficulty leaving, and had only experience lascivious comments and offers she gets "all the time" but in this instance Katz is rich so they tried to extort him for 3M for some propped up offense.

Read the article again (and I've also read other sources) and tell me if your end impression is just that Cipriano, a confirmed ex con with multiple offenses, and his spouse are just opportunists and a dirtbag variety found in Hollywood or whether Katz is the targeted bad guy. Katz could use better judgement, sure, and be a better person, sure, but the pretense of his offers to the girl were pretty clearly sex and movies. He's paid actresses for "companionship" as well and sometimes no more than just accompanying to a party or some such thing. The common arrangement in Hollywood is that high rollers do this and its up to the girl in question if they want more money. Same thing happens around the world whether it be NY, Paris, London, Moscow, and most infamously places like Tokyo, Shanghai etc.

btw the same model is now shacked up with a Mexican mogul sugar daddy, Carlos Bremner and also close with Carlos Slim two shady business people (even by Mexican standards) who are investigated regularly. She's also tried to have dealings with Leo DiCaprio trying to meet with him and his reps to pitch a movie about her former dirtbag spouse, who she's moved on from.

This btw is what Carlos Bremner looks like, not that I'm judging, but talk about having to pay for it;
6145116-6385965-image-a-53_1542143641013.jpg

Good post. I dont think anyone is claiming the Katz is a Weinstein. But he is still a dirtbag/sleezebag/etc.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good post. I dont think anyone is claiming the Katz is a Weinstein. But he is still a dirtbag/sleezebag/etc.

Yeah, by no means am I condoning the behavior of Katz, but the complainant her husband are pure trouble, and have been for a lot of people. if anything one can question Katz judgement in even having anything to do with this girl. really, maybe its just me but Gold Digger exudes from her. The funniest thing really is Katz didn't get the girl because she was playing with even bigger fish simultaneously and really looking for who would set her up the most. Looks like she found other moguls who took her acting more seriously.

I think In Edmonton we don't even know such a world and level of depravity exists.

For sure Katz is kinda sleazy but we knew that going in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad