Confirmed with Link: Aube-Kubel claimed by Avalanche

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I am sorry that my mere comment about this organization's pattern in bottom 6 (not about player himself) in a NAK thread lead to discussions about whether someone thought something about a player 4 years ago or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adtar02

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Oh yeah, PEB was never anywhere near as hated as VDV, don't get me wrong on that. VDV is probably the most hated guy I can recall except maybe AMac (or Homer). But I do not recall anyone saying anything nice about PEB while he was here. He wasn't the focal point of all the hate that VDV was, but I recall him being on the shitlist and called the worst player in the NHL and things of that nature.

You sure it wasn't one prolific poster, posting so much that you remember it being multiple people? One it particular that I'm sure we can both think of.

People hated the PEB-VDV tandem that would get thrown out to Hakshell at the end of games, but that was people hating on putting out the 4th line to get absolutely caved while defending 1 goal leads. Which surprisingly, happens with Seattle too!

I don't think there were many people that had issues with PEB as a player, just his ridiculous usage by Hak. And even then if they had developed a reasonable 4th line around him instead of VdV's carcass people probably wouldn't have been so rattled by it.

Reactions: Adtar02 and kudymen

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bellemare’s metrics were horrendous here even away from VV. But they really improved once he left here to his credit.

I hated the guy & wanted him gone just as much as VV. He proved me wrong but perhaps going from the Flyers which weren’t good teams to some of the best in Vegas & Colorado has helped too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Bellemare was NEVER disliked here as much as VDV. He had some supporters (myself included) and some detractors like a lot of 4th liners (NAK comes to mind). Everyone hated VDV. He wasn't half the player Bellemare was.

I think we were all surprised Bellemare was selected because Raffl was also available. That was who we were expecting to lose. He was much better at the time.

Not as much as VdV, but his extension thread was pretty bad. One went straight out of the league when the Flyers moved on, the other has been solid on 3 different good teams for 4+ years, even though he's now 36 years old.

This is a good stat... in his second season in Colorado, PEB scored 22 points in 69 games, his career high. In his two years playing under Hak, he scored 22 points in 156 games. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin — VDV meme me. My body is ready.

J9oYXPo.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
PEB had one of the least productive offensive seasons by a regular NHL forward in recent history while he was here.

I believe that would be the year where Hakstok maximized safety and had him playing at the blue line in the offensive zone. We basically resurrected the defunct rover position. It was really annoying to see. The one guy who was an offensive threat on that line totally neutralized so we could watch an outnumbered VDV get flayed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad