Recalled/Assigned: Aube-Kubel and Goulbourne up, Vorobyev down

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I mean, you should be laughing at yourself. Your question was vague, completely unrelated, and pointless. You started by comparing hits and goals, which is an awful start. I was trying to figure out what the hell your point even was so I could answer your question.

My questions, which get avoided, are far more straightforward and self-evident. Things like, "Do you think playing our best RW at a 3rd line rate is good coaching?"

My first reply to your asinine suggestion that "Ghoul hits at the same rate as Provorov" was this:

No he doesn't, unless you are going by game.

Which, after about 3 or 4 posts of your dodging the subject, you grudgingly admitted.

I'm not in this to play a game of "gotcha!" But you've certainly been. So I do think it's funny how much you tried to run from your your own asinine statement that "Ghoul hits at the same rate as Provorov" before you finally admitted that "Ghoul hits more."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My first reply to your asinine suggestion that "Ghoul hits at the same rate as Provorov" was this:

Which, after about 3 or 4 posts of your dodging the subject, you grudgingly admitted.

I'm not in this to play a game of "gotcha!" But you've certainly been. So I do think it's funny how much you tried to run from your your own asinine statement that "Ghoul hits at the same rate as Provorov" before you finally admitted that "Ghoul hits more."

I made it clear it was a game rate. If you'd read the discussion you may have picked up on that context. There was nothing grudging about it. Once you ceased babbling and made yourself clear I answered.

This is nothing but an absurd gotcha, that's the only reason you're still going. Every other issue was clarified long ago, but clearly you're going after something else. Like, say, a sad trap based around my not knowing how to answer an absolutely nonsensical question. You may as well have asked "I have 7 walnuts, using four bricks how many cars is that?"

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
If I make $40 mowing my grandmoms lawn and you make $40 an hour at the donut shop, who has the worse opinion of the current head coach?

Davey, as a huge Robert California fan, I can't read any of your posts without thinking of James Spader's brilliant character:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I made it clear it was a game rate. If you'd read the discussion you may have picked up on that context. There was nothing grudging about it. Once you ceased babbling and made yourself clear I answered.

This is nothing but an absurd gotcha, that's the only reason you're still going. Every other issue was clarified long ago, but clearly you're going after something else. Like, say, a sad trap based around my not knowing how to answer an absolutely nonsensical question. You may as well have asked "I have 7 walnuts, using four bricks how many cars is that?"

You said, "Ghoul hits at the same rate as Provorov."

I, correctly, said, "No he doesn't, unless you are going by game."

Took you about 4 posts, pardon if I'm off by one, to admit Ghoul hits more than Provorov. So your point seems pretty disingenuous. And I don't care. I don't get caught up in these gotcha games. They seem feminine. But you've tried to throw it on me, so of course I'll return the favor.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Btw, I hate no one on this board. I would never block anyone. There are posters who try my patience, but I never, ever think my opinion is infallible. Beef, we don't see eye-to-eye often. But you like Warren Zevon. So we've got something. I don't think Dave Hakstol is the end of the world. I'd fire him, because he's boring, but I'm a bit hesitant, because I ultimately was on board with firing Laviolette, and I think that was a big mistake.

Reactions: Hexxxy and Jtown

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Btw, I hate no one on this board. I would never block anyone. There are posters who try my patience, but I never, ever think my opinion is infallible. Beef, we don't see eye-to-eye often. But you like Warren Zevon. So we've got something. I don't think Dave Hakstol is the end of the world. I'd fire him, because he's boring, but I'm a bit hesitant, because I ultimately was on board with firing Laviolette, and I think that was a big mistake.

We also both dislike being disemboweled. That's at least two things!

@deadhead enjoys Dire Straits so he is a best friend. I don't know his stance on disembowelment though.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
"I have 7 walnuts, using four bricks how many cars is that?"

I know this one!

coche_ladrillo_04.jpg

The car appears to be roughly 6 bricks by 25 bricks, giving us a total brick usage of approximately 150. Four bricks would thus be ~2.67 percent of a car.

You'll probably be hungry enough to eat the walnuts after laying that many bricks, so I wouldn't count on still having all 7.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Mark Knopfler is technically flawed, werewolves of london sucks and Hakstol 4 lyfe. Too much buddy buddy going on in this thread for my liking. Time to muck it up.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know this one!

coche_ladrillo_04.jpg

The car appears to be roughly 6 bricks by 25 bricks, giving us a total brick usage of approximately 150. Four bricks would thus be ~2.67 percent of a car.

You'll probably be hungry enough to eat the walnuts after laying that many bricks, so I wouldn't count on still having all 7.

And here I thought I was asking an unanswerable question.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
The example shows he was one of the best forwards with 1000~TOI in Goals Per 60, Points Per 60, Primary Points Per 60, and Game Score Per 60. My statement heavily implies that he’s one of the best FWDS among his closest comparables, & just among his closest comparables. I thought that was clear as day by my wording.
I am not arguing with you Ted. I agree it can be useful. Like I have state in each post. I don’t like the way it’s used by people. This is a good example of how to use it right. My post was to show difference in wording and how that can create two different statements.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Common sense is rare around here, if you're gonna put someone in the press box for a week, let's see, Goul or Vorobyev?
I know, put the kid with the future in the press box instead of letting him play in the AHL. That's the ticket!

Reactions: tymed

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe they can put a lock of his hair into lockets for all the players to wear? :sarcasm:
The Flyer equivalent of rabbits' feet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad