Atlantic Division Preseason Power Rankings

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I think Boston will surprise despite people thinking they took a step back, I think they make the playoffs but in 8th place.

I think Habs will be 2nd or 3rd in the division but more than likely 2nd or 3rd in the conference, likely behind TB and NYR.

Detroit will miss and have their worst season in recent memory IMO.

EDIT: Just read the lack of leadership part. That is pretty baffling. We already had too many cooks in the kitchen to begin with. Price, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Subban, and with Markov/Plekanec being the lead by example types.

Losing Prust won't even hurt as much as quickly removing a band-aid. Even if you want to look at it from a production standpoint, it isn't like his leadership equated to some crazy high goal total that lead us to top of the conference/division last year, it was solid goaltending and defensive play by the entire team. If you look at Prust's numbers they aren't even really as good as what Semin would do in a normal down year.

Take away his leadership/grit/points, add in Kassian/Semin, just can't see how those guys would contribute more to the scoresheet.

Semin is also good defensively, so it isn't like we picked up a guy who can't handle playing two-way.

But losing Lucic and replacing him with Rinaldo is somehow a plus for the Bruins.

Losing Hamilton and replacing him with .... is somehow good for the Bruins.

Losing Reilly Smith and replacing him with .... is somehow good for the Bruins, too.

Hey OP: I hear that the Kool-Aid sale in Mass. Wal-Marts is ending November 1st. Let's rehash this thread then.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad