Atlantic Division Preseason Power Rankings

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I agree with the Habs finishing 3rd in the Atlantic but not for the same reasons stated in the article.

We've been very lucky in the past 2 years with injuries, ours best players barely missed a shift during that time span, I have the feeling it will end this year.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I would switch the Habs and the Wings and put Ottawa ahead of Boston and Buffalo. I could also see Florida finishing ahead of Buffalo. The Sabres forwards are much improved, but their goaltending and defence still sucks.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The author's from Boston, so that explains that.

Was thinking the same.

-Habs lost some grit in Prust: eh... no. He was more of a clown last year, traded just at the right time.

-Habs lack leadership: that's downright laughable. This team is tighter than I've ever seen since 1993.

The safe prediction is that Habs and Bolts will get the first two spots. Only the order remains to be set.

But on the whole, it's good. Back just a few years and other fanbases would always underestimate the Habs, put them out of the playoffs, etc.

Now, when they underestimate the Habs, they still have to put them 3rd in the division. Otherwise they lose too much credibility. :laugh:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
A Bos dude wrote this....okay here is mine

MTL
TB
FLA-so close last year I think they make it this year
Ott
Det- this is the year they don't make it
Tor-Babcock creates a hard working team.
Buff
Bos- Neely and Sweeney....need I say more!!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
For the Habs
-Lost some grit in Prust... lol, just lol.
-Kassian doesn't help the Habs... Wut? In the very worst scenario, he makes our 4th line better.
-Since Kassian is not a bad move, Semin actually compensate for no negative, thus adding a positive.
-You could have a pool stick instead of Tokarski and we would still make the PO. His ''wild card'' status has close to no effect on team performance.
- Price played more than 55 games the last 2 seasons and had good PO performance. Price fatigue is not a factor.
- The true Captain is Price, there is no leadership issues.

For the Bruins
-Beleskey is not an upgrade or even a stalemate for Lucic, it's a clear downgrade.
- Hayes is not an upgrade on Smith.
- Consider Rinaldo a good acquisition while Flyers fan were mostly ecstasic at the return they got for a less skilled Cooke junior.

Author has obvious yellow glasses on. He will be dissapointed. The fact he started following Hockey only when the Bruins had their SC run tells a lot.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
"A lack of distinct leadership also plagues the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, trusting four alternate captains instead of one main captain and two alternates. While the Habs are still a great team, two others made the moves to knock them off of the top."

Yeah, the author doesn't know much.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Tampa Bay - Still the best team in the East, hopefully Stamkos walks or it will be a long reign for them
Montreal - We've improved, but not enough to best Tampa. If newcomers do better then expected, we can go deeper this year
Detroit - Say what you will, they are still a playoff team. I believe they get better goaltending this year from Mrazek
Florida - I think they are due for a good season. Nice young team led by a second season from Ekblad
Ottawa - Not a whole lot was done this off-season. If Stone and Hoffman avoid the slump, they'll push for a spot.
Buffalo - Still another season or two away, should have a respectable showing atleast this year
Boston - This team god bad real quick. So glad to see. Many more teams then just the Habs will beat up on them
Toronto - Loveable losers. Going to be this way for another 2 seasons at least. Lets enjoy our 2 biggest rivals at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
"A lack of distinct leadership also plagues the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, trusting four alternate captains instead of one main captain and two alternates. While the Habs are still a great team, two others made the moves to knock them off of the top."

Yeah, the author doesn't know much.

He also credited the Wings with signing the top free agent dman without noting that the reason Green was the top was because we locked up Petry before free agency.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It's Mikhail Grigorenko not Michael and the Sabers lost Zadorov as well. And how on earth are the Sabers supposed to finish above the Sens, or even Florida for that matter?

Blashill is poised for an easy transition from AHL to the NHL? This has to be a joke right? And I'm looking forward to watching Wings fans turn on Green.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm not sure Tampa are even better than us. They really didn't seem like the better team despite beating us in the series. Their bottom 6 isn't very good and their bottom pairing wouldn't even be the top pairing for our AHL team. Maybe I'm being hard on them but I think they're too soft to have a repeat season. Just about everything that could go right went right for them last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad