Speculation: Atlantic Division Predictions

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Only when all the teams play the same amount of games.

But highest points percentage always wins, in every situation.
Ok, hopefully we all play the same number of games this year and not have to waste two weeks watching Vancouver try to catch up . LOL!

Edit to Add: I wonder why individual awards aren't calculated the same way? Hey he was pacing for 60 goals, he only played 70 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: egd27

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Ok, hopefully we all play the same number of games this year and not have to waste two weeks watching Vancouver try to catch up . LOL!

Edit to Add: I wonder why individual awards aren't calculated the same way? Hey he was pacing for 60 goals, he only played 70 games.

They are in other sports.

Pts in NBA, average in baseball, etc.

Reactions: Confucius

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They got close but took the step back to 3rd.
A bit of an easy schedule coming up.
1st by New Years?

On the bright side, the top 9 are pretty tightly packed so there is that.

Also, 3 of our next 5 games are against TB, EDM and CAL, that's hardly what I'd call an easy schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
On the bright side, the top 9 are pretty tightly packed so there is that.

Also, 3 of our next 5 games are against TB, EDM and CAL, that's hardly what I'd call an easy schedule.
Tampa and Calgary for sure will be tough opponents, I don't include Edmonton in that group. I was looking out until New years, not overly tough IMO.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Tampa and Calgary for sure will be tough opponents, I don't include Edmonton in that group. I was looking out until New years, not overly tough IMO.

Seems odd as they're right there with us in the standings.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The important thing is to keep winning at the same pace we're winning now - .692pts% (114pt pace).

Over the course of a full regular season, that's always good for a Top-2 or 3 overall finish in the league.

The good news is that the Leafs' underlying numbers all indicate that they should keep winning at this kind of rate, while most of the teams currently ahead of them in the standings are more likely facing some more serious regression going forward.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Haha it's not like I have a list or anything but yeah, I don't know if I would ever consider a team that's ahead of us in the standings to be an easy opponent.
No team is an easy win in the NHL, I forget sometimes that everything is taken so literally here.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No team is an easy win in the NHL, I forget sometimes that everything is taken so literally here.

You said "a bit of an easy schedule", now you're complaining about being taken too literally? Ooooooooooookay then, good talk. :)

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
You said "a bit of an easy schedule", now you're complaining about being taken too literally? Ooooooooooookay then, good talk. :)
Ok Perry Mason, hang on every word ready to yell 'Objection', just do it without me.

I forget how immature some can be.
Knock yourself out.

Reactions: nsleaf

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ok Perry Mason, hang on every word ready to yell 'Objection', just do it without me.

I forget how immature some can be.
Knock yourself out.

You said easy schedule, I mentioned a few not easy teams coming up, you said you don't think EDM is a tough opponent, I pointed out that they have a better record than we do, you said no team is an easy win, complained about being taken too literally and now you're calling me immature.

Not sure what your problem is, just having a bad day perhaps? Why so sensitive?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We obviously need to win our division to avoid having a super tough 1st round opponent and with these injuries, our chances obviously took a massive hit. What can I say, I hope we're healthy and ready to play our best when the puck drops for the playoffs because at that point, our November streak will be worth absolutely nothing.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Edmonton added Hyman, did Calgary improve over last season? We handled them last year I expect the same this year. Having said that, yeah they can lose a couple of games to those teams just as they did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad