Speculation: Atlantic Division Predictions

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
All I care about is accuracy and truth.

the Points standings are inaccurate, and a half-truth. they attempt to rank teams by their win-loss record but they actually ignore losses completely, which makes zero sense.

The points percentage standings are fully accurate, and list teams in order of who has the actual better record. This is why the NHL uses points percentage when it actually has to determine something based on teams' records.
Didn't say they werent but you need to continue to qualify with the bolded because the references ...particularly in the print and digital media, points to something different. It is insufficient to just say everyone is wrong and you are right. Its a bit petulant, a lot confusing and needlessly distracting to make such an aggressive stand based on your ego.

Mar 26, 2010
The Atlantic is the strongest division in the NHL. There is still lots of hockey to be played. I am guessing the Leafs finish #1 or #2. #3 at worst.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The Atlantic is the strongest division in the NHL. There is still lots of hockey to be played. I am guessing the Leafs finish #1 or #2. #3 at worst.

I think it was just yesterday that someone on the main boards said the Atlantic division is the weakest. It's good we have varying opinions, imagine how boring it would be if we all had the same POV. :)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Voting for 3 games in hand. You are in control of your fate as opposed to sitting around hoping

Control is cool but if the gap was 5 points, I think I'd take the points. But 3 games in hand vs 1 point, that's a no brainer.

Reactions: Jojalu

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Didn't say they werent but you need to continue to qualify with the bolded because the references ...particularly in the print and digital media, points to something different. It is insufficient to just say everyone is wrong and you are right. Its a bit petulant, a lot confusing and needlessly distracting to make such an aggressive stand based on your ego.

well, i've been beating this drum for years (decades?) now and it's finally got most public listings to now include points percentage, including the NHL's official standings page. you can click and sort by the accurate number right there. that's progress.

it's not about ego, it's just accuracy. i find no joy in pretending the Leafs have a better record than teams that obviously have a better record. It's also dumb to pretend the Leafs have a worse record than teams that have a worse record than them.

the NHL doesn't actually use points standings when it needs to determine things based on team record, as the points standings don't accurately reflect teams' records.

looking at the points standings is literally misleading and meaningless.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would imagine that every first place team would have a game or two yearly like Florida did in Buffalo. Leafs will have them too.

I'm sure they will but it won't be against a team with BARELY AHL level goaltending, like I said Washington is one thing, Buffalo is another

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
That is just the disgruntled Oilers fans. They are a pathetic bunch.
It is just a troll job...not unlike posts I've seen here claiming Marner's contract was the worse contract in the NHL...Hollywood.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Things are starting to look to be carved in stone already in the Atlantic Division. Florida, the Leafs and Tampa are looking highly probable to qualify and Boston seems positioned well too. Detroit while on the rise don't have the team defense to qualify for the NHL playoffs this season but look out I can't believe how quickly things appear to be turning around there.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Things are starting to look to be carved in stone already in the Atlantic Division. Florida, the Leafs and Tampa are looking highly probable to qualify and Boston seems positioned well too. Detroit while on the rise don't have the team defense to qualify for the NHL playoffs this season but look out I can't believe how quickly things appear to be turning around there.
I thought top 4 in Atlantic was carved in stone before season started .. only question is finish .. I will stay with Florida to win it, like I did pre season .. Tampa/Boston end up 2/3 and Leafs in 4th .. as I predicted Leafs will look good before before XMAS they may even be in 1st at XMAS break .. then after as time and space gets reduced on ice so will drop in standings to 4th .. da Leafs need to build up as BIG a gap as they can build pre XMAS so they can hold on afterwards as Metro teams come back in da hunt .. it will be very very close and may even be last game of season to decide .. hope not but that's what I thought

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I thought top 4 in Atlantic was carved in stone before season started .. only question is finish .. I will stay with Florida to win it, like I did pre season .. Tampa/Boston end up 2/3 and Leafs in 4th .. as I predicted Leafs will look good before before XMAS they may even be in 1st at XMAS break .. then after as time and space gets reduced on ice so will drop in standings to 4th .. da Leafs need to build up as BIG a gap as they can build pre XMAS so they can hold on afterwards as Metro teams come back in da hunt .. it will be very very close and may even be last game of season to decide .. hope not but that's what I thought

IIRC you thought the Leafs would be a bubble team that could easily miss the playoffs.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

The last 34 days of the season are gonna be the big test:

18 games consisting of:

3 games against the Panthers, 2 of them with the Leafs having played the night before.
2 games against Tampa
2 games against Boston
2 games against the Capitals

Mishmash of meh and bad after that but thats half the games there against top 10 caliber teams.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Yeah some people still act like it's terrible because the bottom teams are so bad. Who cares? I'd much rather take a better bottom 4 for an easier top 4. Getting through the top Atlantic teams looks more difficult than any other division right now.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Bring on the Panthers, but I think we win the division, the conference and the Presidents trophy

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Yeah some people still act like it's terrible because the bottom teams are so bad. Who cares? I'd much rather take a better bottom 4 for an easier top 4. Getting through the top Atlantic teams looks more difficult than any other division right now.
There are arguably 3 top 5 teams in our division. Getting through it is a bloodbath

That’s why I hope we go for the first seed this year. An opportunity to avoid Florida/Tampa in round 1 is huge

Reactions: glue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad