Speculation: Atlantic Division Predictions

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
After being in a relatively easy division last year and coming out on top, the Leafs are back in the Atlantic.

How do you see the Division playing out?

My guess,
  1. Tampa
  2. Toronto
  3. Florida
  4. Boston
  5. Montreal
  6. Ottawa
  7. Detroit
  8. Buffalo
IMO, 2, 3 , 4 is a toss up as is 7, 8.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
After being in a relatively easy division last year and coming out on top, the Leafs are back in the Atlantic.

How do you see the Division playing out?

My guess,
  1. Tampa
  2. Toronto
  3. Florida
  4. Boston
  5. Montreal
  6. Ottawa
  7. Detroit
  8. Buffalo
IMO, 2, 3 , 4 is a toss up as is 7, 8.

I think 1-4 can be a toss up.. Florida had more regular season points than Tampa last year. It's going to be a dog fight all year, which is good playoff prep.

Buffalo depends on Eichel to some degree... does he get traded, what's the return, or is he on LTIR? I don't think Buffalo can avoid the #8 spot, and might be generationally bad.

Detroit has some good young players, and if Matt Murray's form isn't great in Ottawa, Detroit could challenge them.

1. Florida
2. Tampa
3. Toronto
4. Boston
5. Montreal
6. Detroit
7. Ottawa.

8. Buffalo

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I think 1-4 can be a toss up.. Florida had more regular season points than Tampa last year. It's going to be a dog fight all year, which is good playoff prep.

Buffalo depends on Eichel to some degree... does he get traded, what's the return, or is he on LTIR? I don't think Buffalo can avoid the #8 spot, and might be generationally bad.

Detroit has some good young players, and if Matt Murray's form isn't great in Ottawa, Detroit could challenge them.

1. Florida
2. Tampa
3. Toronto
4. Boston
5. Montreal
6. Detroit
7. Ottawa.

8. Buffalo
Agreed with all of that, should be an interesting season.
I initially had the Leafs 4th but the fan in me took over and put them 2nd.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston
4. Florida
5. Montreal
6. Detroit
7. Ottawa
8. Buffalo

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Florida is the tough one, they had a great year last season but is it actually sustainable? They have some great top end talent (Barkov, Huberdeau) but so many other players played above expectations, it's hard to imagine them having everything go that right again.

Weegar doubled his previous career high in points
Verhaeghe the late bloomer doubled his high in goals and almost tripled his high in pts
Wenneberg had more goals last season in 56 games than the previous 3 seasons combined (198games) - I know he's gone but still unexpected production
Bennet had more points in 10 games with Florida then the previous 38 games in Calgary or the previous season
Throw in guys like Duclair, and Vatrano who are niche type of players who both had good years for them.

Their Goalie situation is also interesting, Driedger had far better stats and 14 of the teams wins, but Bobrovsky still had a good record despite mediocre stats, and in 2019/2020 Bobrovsky was terrible so who knows what they are going to get from him. They also have Knight who looks very good but unproven so who knows there.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Boston got worse.

Tampa lost some good players but still have an amazing foundation.

Florida will be interesting with their goalie situation and if Ekblad can bounce back after surgery.

Ottawa is about the same but their young guns are a year older and might take the next step.

Montreal will have guys like Kotkaniemi and Romanov another year older and take a step as well as having Caufield for the full year. They lost Weber though which is huge.

Detroit might have gotten marginally better with Nedeljkovic and possibly inserting Snider into the lineup.

Buffalo lol

My guess is
1.Tampa
2.Toronto.
3. Boston
4. Florida
5. Montreal
6. Ottawa
7. Detroit
8. Buffalo

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I had the Leafs anywhere from 2 - 5. It's certainly not going to be the cake walk this year that we saw last season.

Reactions: zeke

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Tampa Boston and Florida should be top 3 pretty easy .. Boston and Florida are deeper teams .. Tampa has best tender and defense in league ..
Leafs will fight it out with Metro teams for wildcard spots .. my guess is they fall short of playoffs but it will likely come down to last game of season it is that close

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Leafs will finish anywhere between 2-4 in the regular season. Then in the playoffs we’ll go up 3-0 on whoever our opponent is before being reverse swept. That’s the next new and exciting way this team will break our hearts.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Leafs will finish anywhere between 2-4 in the regular season. Then in the playoffs we’ll go up 3-0 on whoever our opponent is before being reverse swept. That’s the next new and exciting way this team will break our hearts.
Yeah we're running out of new ways to lose in 7 games, so I could definitely see this happening.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I fully expect Boston to regress. Losing Krug was a huge hit for them last year and now they're without Rask and Krejci. Bergeron isn't getting younger. They will be good but I do expect them to fall from grace, starting this year.

Florida is hoping for guys like Bennett and Verhaege to have career years. Their big question mark is in net.

We also have a level of uncertainty here but I still think we finish third behind Tampa and one of the 2 above.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
1. Tampa
2. Florida
3. Boston
4. Toronto
5. Ottawa
6. Montreal
7. Detroit
8. Buffalo

We might be better off making it through a wildcard spot than being top 3 this year. Getting out of this division will take a level that this group hasn't even come close to scratching as of yet. Last year was a cakewalk compared to what this year is gonna be.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
1. Toronto
2. Florida
3. Tampa
4. Boston
5. Montreal
6. Ottawa
7. Buffalo
8. Detroit

Reactions: ULF_55

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Regular season a big who cares burger for me, I assume we'll make the playoffs and we'll see happens after that.

Most likely TB wins our division in the playoffs, hopefully we will win at least one round and then we can debate whether winning one round is, or isn't a significant step forward.

Reactions: Obo

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
1. Florida
2. Tampa Bay
3. Toronto
4. Boston
Could easily see Toronto and Boston switching places.
5. Ottawa
6. Montreal
7. Detroit
8. Buffalo

Reactions: Ryan O'Byrne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad