TV: Atlanta (Donald Glover's new FX show)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Really enjoyed the "Value" episode. That kid that went white face was hilarious.

"Girl, you sloppy af" :laugh: loved the conversations between those two as well

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
640.jpg

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Felt that was a bit heavy-handed, and an odd part in the season to do an episode like that. We had an all Van episode (which was great) and now this, so the plot hasn't really been pushed recently.

"What IPAs do you have on tap? Did you see Game of Thrones last night?"
"You look like Drake Malfoy"

Probably my two favorite lines.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I thought that episode was a 10/10. The black dude who thought he was a 35 year old white male just had me cracking up over and over. Exquisitely done.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I thought it was a great idea and had some hilarious moments, but it felt kind of rushed and messy to me. Felt a bit like wasted potential.

"..... You hate... women!"

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
The transracial parts killed me, i'd been trying to find the origin of the image below for a while now so imagine my surprise when the guy showed up in this episode, he was hilarious too. The ads all had an adult swim feel to them.

c14.png

Anyone else catch the ad featuring the guy from the bus in the first (?) episode? "You may know me from your dreams"

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
LMFAO

"Did you power up just now cause you look all Super Saiyan"

The last dodge commercial was hilarious. Great ep.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
"What IPAs do you have on tap? Did you see Game of Thrones last night?"

"It says it on the can though"

:laugh: when the episode first started I was confused and didn't think I'd like this style of episode but it got so good. Hilarious. Loving this show.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm not sure what my favorite part of this season has been, but this is definitely up there...

Gotta be, for me, between this... the kid in school with the white face, or Darius getting into an argument at the gun range for shooting at a picture of a dog instead of a human. I'm sure there's a few other moments I'm missing.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Enjoyed the season, looking forward to season 2. The story progression is interesting. Its hard to tell how much time has passed since episode 1 but he's making some money and connections now. The show isn't really so much about progression with his career as it is random events that happen to him/the other characters. The season finale was about a jacket rather than pursuing his cousins rap career. Character development is definitely noticeable tho, which is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad