TV: Atlanta (Donald Glover's new FX show)

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
Getting rave reviews. Checked out the first two episodes today and I already love the show. It's very well done.

The first episode is free (saw it on iTunes, probably elsewhere too) and I highly recommend giving it a watch.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Definitely original television programming. Very intriguing. Already my favourite thing on television, after seeing the first two episodes.

I can't quite figure out if it's a comedy, drama, study on culture, surrealist depiction (the guy walking his dog into the trees made me think this), or one giant existential play. Maybe it's all. I kind of laughed at Donald Glover's suggestion that this show will be like Twin Peaks, since I find he aims to be 'deeper' or 'more creative' than he sometimes comes across, but after seeing the first two episodes, I'll admit that I might be wrong.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I'm not a fan of the persona he started taking on after he left Community (found it pretty obnoxious and poser-ish to be honest), but I'm intrigued and will check this out.

Edit: Saw a few episodes and it's interesting and good. Will need some time to let it sit, but lots of promise.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Like a few others have mentioned I'm also not a fan of Glovers post community work at all (someone telling me they're a Childish Gambino fan usually means I disregard anything they have to say about hip hop) but I really enjoyed the first two episodes.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Like a few others have mentioned I'm also not a fan of Glovers post community work at all (someone telling me they're a Childish Gambino fan usually means I disregard anything they have to say about hip hop) but I really enjoyed the first two episodes.

Camp was good

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Finally caught up, really liked it. I thought episode 2 was out of this world great. I don't normally laugh often when watching a show by myself, but this show is making me get there.

Big fan of Donald Glover, and looking forward to where he takes this.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Love the series so far. Only thing I really disliked was Migos randomly showing up and playing these ruthless drug dealers in ep 3.

The part with the white guy who wouldn't say the n word in front of Paperboy had me rolling. I swear I've seen that exact situation play out in real life.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Love the series so far. Only thing I really disliked was Migos randomly showing up and playing these ruthless drug dealers in ep 3.

The part with the white guy who wouldn't say the n word in front of Paperboy had me rolling. I swear I've seen that exact situation play out in real life.

Why? I thought they played it pretty well.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I thought this show was alright after the first two episodes, but its really grown on me with the next two. Enjoying it a lot now. The third episode in particular where he goes to dinner was awesome.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
That part with Darius in the shooting range had me howling. I like Darius a lot, I hope he doesn't get flanderized too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad