TV: Atlanta (Donald Glover's new FX show)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
The end of the episode where Al has no idea what his usual is was incredible
Worst episode I’ve seen. Nothing made me laugh or smile. I felt like I just wasted 30 minutes watching that trash. There was certainly no payoff at the end of the episode.

I’m not liking the new season.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I was blown away by the episode. I've never fallen for horror/suspense but this was a masterpiece. The execution was great, taking you high then gradually taking you back down for a breather, only to send you back even higher by the end. Only thing I didn't care for was the music selection at the end. A bit too on the nose and corny for me. But outside of that, the creative and production team on that deserve nothing but praise.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Anyone else sorta confused as f*** after the last episode? Specifically the old guy in the woods. He was that crazy that he put the box cutter to Al's neck and then didn't move? Was that guy even real, or in his head?

Tough couple weeks here for Paper Boi.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Anyone else sorta confused as **** after the last episode? Specifically the old guy in the woods. He was that crazy that he put the box cutter to Al's neck and then didn't move? Was that guy even real, or in his head?

Eum, I thought it was pretty obvious that he was a ghost but I could be wrong. I believe Alfred goes directly through the man's arm when he gets up after being threatened with the knife, no? Or was that my eyes playing a trick on me?

With that said, the last episode involving all the guys served as a needed breather. I really liked the concept of each episode focusing on 1 character at a time but it was excellent to dwelve back into the dynamics between each character and their dilemmas.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Eum, I thought it was pretty obvious that he was a ghost but I could be wrong. I believe Alfred goes directly through the man's arm when he gets up after being threatened with the knife, no? Or was that my eyes playing a trick on me?

With that said, the last episode involving all the guys served as a needed breather. I really liked the concept of each episode focusing on 1 character at a time but it was excellent to dwelve back into the dynamics between each character and their dilemmas.
Nah, he pushes his arm out of the way.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Sometimes I miss school and being a kid. Today is not one of those days.

Think they did a great job casting young Ern.
Man, that was too well done. Way too close to reality of walking around unsure of everything.

Of course, they took it to some extremes to prove a point about the consequences of cowardly decisions.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Anyone else sorta confused as **** after the last episode? Specifically the old guy in the woods. He was that crazy that he put the box cutter to Al's neck and then didn't move? Was that guy even real, or in his head?

He wasn't real, he was a representation of Alfred's flight or flight instincts/subconscious.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Great season finale. The episode and what transpires in the one before that was so important for how this one ended and understanding Ern and Al's relationship. Love this show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad