Atlanta 3.0: Three local ownership groups emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Correction. All we know is that Kincade says he has a contact interested in purchasing the Thrashers. His claim has not been supported by any evidence. Not a shred.

I'm pointing out what has been reported.

Kincade is a reporter. So what he writes counts as "being reported".

And besides, your "correction" inherently assumes that Kincade is an unreliable source. Why is this?

ThrasherMinion

Just Chucky
Oct 2, 2006
That's cool but your opinion of Vivlamore doesn't make one word of my post untrue.

Believe me, I don't disrespect your opinion.

His words were true but old. True as of December. BEFORE the team was officially and LEGALLY put up for sale. Can't help but to say things are changing and C-Viv ain't in on it.

The frantic comments in February on the radio were retracted the very next morning. Not even 24 hours after. Unfortunately, C-Viv is choosing what to print and what not to. The other stuff is in the Atlanta market and not just from Kincade. In fact, most fans are not holding onto Kincade as much as Bettman is holding on to Hulsizer! :laugh:

We like Kincade and hope he's really got something, but that "guy" only wants ALL 3 parts and it's not clear if ASG will sell all 3, so no, we aren't all sitting by the fireside waiting for Santa Balkin.

And yes, Glavine was picked in the 4th round by LA Kings. Before Luc Robitaille.
He coaches Nick Antropov's kid in Atlanta!

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I'm pointing out what has been reported.

Kincade is a reporter. So what he writes counts as "being reported".

And besides, your "correction" inherently assumes that Kincade is an unreliable source. Why is this?

My correction just balances your statement a bit. Until information is being attributed to a real person, it is what it is. You can't just be passing it off as fact without explaining that it comes from a singular person who claims to have a source.

It is a fact that Kincaid is reporting that someone is negotiating to purchase the team.

It is not a fact that someone is negotiating to purchase the team.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
My correction just balances your statement a bit. Until information is being attributed to a real person, it is what it is. You can't just be passing it off as fact without explaining that it comes from a singular person who claims to have a source.

And how would you explain the fact that Kincaide revealed that there were interested parties and NDA's signed before Vivlamore reported it?

He has been ahead of this story from the very beginning, as if he had a contact who was somehow involved. It is these kind of things that give him credibility over Vivlamore when it comes to the Thrashers ownership situation.

ThrasherMinion

Just Chucky
Oct 2, 2006
Glavine was a higher pick for LA than Luc Robitaille in the same draft. And as I mentioned earlier, Glavine coaches his son and Nic Antropov's son in a local hockey program. Not sure if Stewart Cink's son is on the same team or even the same age group.

And don't forget that Anson Carter is still lurking. He has a recording company in Atlanta. Does he live here too?

Grudy0

Mar 16, 2011
Maryland
In what way? The latest news is that Tom Glavine is offering help to keep the team in Atlanta and we're happy.

Should we instead believe the poster on the Winnipeg thread who has a boss who knows a guy who has a lawyer who knows a guy who mows the lawn for the secretary for Chipman who says that TNSE is actually targeting the Thrashers? :rolleyes:
It's always been about the Coyotes. There was supposedly the handshake deal between the NHL and TNSE last year.

All of a sudden, the Thrashers are up for sale by the group which also owns the arena rights and the NBA team, and rumormongers need to feel comfort in believing TNSE can cherry-pick that franchise, even though it appears they only lost $8 million this year.

The NHL has owned the Coyotes now for almost two years, and the BoG is tired of losing money on this franchise. The pressure is on for the franchise to be sold.

Meanwhile, we are four months into the announcement that the Thrashers are being sold and entirely too many people believe that the NHL would fight hard for the Coyotes and let Atlanta go silently in the night even though the Atlanta market is larger, and in my mind, more important.

CanadaIsHockey

Apr 8, 2008
Laval, Qc. Canada
Drafted before Hall of Famers Brett Hull and Luc Robataille.

Mind = blown.

Tom-Glavine-Hockey-Portrait.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So, it's been a couple of weeks since I've looked around here because it's pretty much been nothing but sniping at one another.

Can anyone FROM ATLANTA post an update for me?

Things like any progress about "The Balkan" and Glavine, if any negotiations have taken the next step, any rumors floating around the city?

It has been deathly quiet, which IMO means either something is happening, or nothing is :laugh:

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Apparently a "major US hockey writer" has solved the mystery of the Balkan's identity.

...and yet Kincade won't say who the "major US hockey writer" is, let alone who the Balkan is.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Can anyone FROM ATLANTA post an update for me?

Things like any progress about "The Balkan" and Glavine, if any negotiations have taken the next step, any rumors floating around the city?

It has been deathly quiet, which IMO means either something is happening, or nothing is :laugh:

As far as published facts, the only stuff is about Glavine. WXIA-TV did a story about Bettman's statement (not expecting ATL to move) around the same time the Glavine story broke.

Kincade tweeted today that a national hockey writer knows who the Balkan is. He went on to say that writer is not Kevin Allen (one of two writers who really care about ATL, the other being Craig Custance), and said this writer will be the first to publish the name of the Balkan.

Thats all we know. Take it how you will ;)

Dado

It's a little known fact that Glavine's name is actually Tomislav Glavina. Which means, of course, that he is in fact "the Balkan".

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As far as published facts, the only stuff is about Glavine. WXIA-TV did a story about Bettman's statement (not expecting ATL to move) around the same time the Glavine story broke.

Kincade tweeted today that a national hockey writer knows who the Balkan is. He went on to say that writer is not Kevin Allen (one of two writers who really care about ATL, the other being Craig Custance), and said this writer will be the first to publish the name of the Balkan.

Thats all we know. Take it how you will ;)

I know these processes can be slow, but I am hoping for ATL fans that we start seeing movement soon. I think their window of selling to a local interest has to be closing. (assuming of course they WON'T own the team in ATL for another season while they close a sale.)

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I know these processes can be slow, but I am hoping for ATL fans that we start seeing movement soon. I think their window of selling to a local interest has to be closing. (assuming of course they WON'T own the team in ATL for another season while they close a sale.)

Bettman's comments on the radio would have you think otherwise.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
And how would you explain the fact that Kincaide revealed that there were interested parties and NDA's signed before Vivlamore reported it?

How would I explain what? That doesn't even make sense.

If Vivlamore was tweeting about a mysterious code-named person and nobody else was indicating there was anything to it, I'd still expect that it would be treated the same way. It's a singular source tweeting about a mysterious code named person.

It may very well be true. It may not be. It's not fair to characterize it as a fact yet. Hopefully for Thrasher fans it is.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
what does that mean?

simply that there are many who believe that the phoenix - winnipeg - atlanta stories are three chapters of the same book.

this whole thing all fits together like some twisted graphic novel.....

one person tweeting about some guy dubbed the balkan in atlanta,
the two year long three ringed circus that has been the reinsdorf, ice edge, matty hulsizer show in phoenix
and 18 months of the 'i know a guy who heard from a guy' thing in winnipeg forced on us by the most secretive prospective ownership group in the history of pro sports....

its time for someone to write an ending.....golf season is upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad