ATD2019 - Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
For anyone who hasn’t picked yet that’s looking to slide back, im looking to swap slot 12 to move up.

Reactions: Wrigley

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Thanks! The a-typical thread name threw me off. A mod may want to change that to the usual format so people can find it easier in the future.

I will do it.

The rationale last year was:

What everyone used to see was: "ATD2018 Draft Thread I".

Now someone who takes a look at the ATD board sees: "ATD2018/1 (Player Soandso 23th overall – pick #24 on the clock)". (...)

Which might be more tempting to click on for someone who doesn't know what the ATD is.

But there is no reason to leave it like that once the draft is done.

Reactions: Wrigley

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Arguably the 2nd best defenseman of all time. Solid pick to start a team.

What a bait :lol:

I know who you prefer.Fine with me, not wasting my time with this unless it's necessary and I don't even think it would be necessary even if I faced said player.I'm good with calling it a wash as team-building blocks.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Harvey is popular in here, but I'm not debating. I don't know if the 4th pick has ever been traded twice before. My take on it is in my sig. ;)

Reactions: tinyzombies

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Arguably the 2nd best defenseman of all time. Solid pick to start a team.

Best dman on cheese cutters to ever carry a canoe paddle. What a skater and puck handler at top speed. Acceleration, agility, change of pace, top speed - amazing skater skating on the equivalent of Tom’s Shoes. Kind of edge-skated like xxx almost on the tips of his blades at top speed. Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
No surprise there with Bourque.

Orr, Harvey and Bourque are the three easiest players to build around in the ATD in my opinion.I think Harvey is THE easiest, even ahead of Orr, because Orr gives you too much incentive to do some crazy and funny things later on (though all of it is avoidable).

Gordie Howe is not so far behind, as well as the other #1 defensemen who can play on both 1st special units.After that, tough two-way centers.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I wouldn’t put Orr in that group, and I don’t see why Howe isn’t included.

I also think there’s definitely more than just one more Dman who can play both 1st unit special teams, but probably only 1 or 2 more who you could call upper level-elite at both.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I wouldn’t put Orr in that group, and I don’t see why Howe isn’t included.

I also think there’s definitely more than just one more Dman who can play both 1st unit special teams, but probably only 1 or 2 more who you could call upper level-elite at both.

You think Orr is tougher to build around?

Howe: Position.Only reason.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Orr has partner limitations, the others don’t really have any.

I see where you’re coming from on the Howe point, but I don’t agree.

I've build teams around Howe, Harvey and Bourque.They were all easy compared to other players I started with, but found Howe the toughest among this group.

Another point to consider is the size of the league.A player can be easiest to build in a 15 teams league and harder in a 32 teams league.Not to mention trading vs. no-trading.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Fair points and for the record I’ve never gotten to draft any of them, in fact I’ve never even had a pick high enough where one of them was available (PS: I hate you:laugh:)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Fair points and for the record I’ve never gotten to draft any of them, in fact I’ve never even had a pick high enough where one of them was available (PS: I hate you:laugh:)

I was just telling TDMM earlier how lucky I was with the lottery since ATD2011.Even in ATD2013 I had the 3rd overall, then made a full swap for the 9th set, and still got Bourque lolz.

2011: 2nd overall (Gretzky)
2012: 18th overall or something
2013: 3rd overall --full swap--> 9th overall (Bourque)
2014: 20th overall
2015: co-GMed late
2016: 3rd overall (Howe)
2017: 3rd overall --traded down my pick to 5th--> (Harvey)
2018: 9th overall
2019: 8th overall --full swap--> 4th overall --full swap--> 5th overall (Harvey)

OTOH, none of us had the chance to draft Mario Lemieux at 8th :lol:

Next year I hope to be at the tail-end, the only spot I never tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyzombies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad