Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Here's the plan I propose, as clearly stated as possible:

1) The 500th pick is made
2) Wait 24 hours for skipped picks and immediate add/drops
3) After the 24 hours, the Assassination Thread opens (and I send the lineups to Sturm), add/drops may continue during the assassinations but must stop once regular season voting opens
4) Let the assassinations continue until at least we're done with the Sturm exercise, then re-evaluate daily.
5) Unless discussions are particularly active/dead, two weeks of assassinations will be the original (but flexible) plan
6) At the deadline, assassinations and add/drops may stop, regular season voting may begin for three days.
7) After the three days, we get the results and the playoffs can begin.
I'm in.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Now is the time to settle a reward/punishment system for voters.Do we want it for next year or not?

My proposal:

There are 4 playoff rounds, + the regular season voting.So 5 opportunities to vote in total.

• Those that voted 5 times and those that weren't participants in ATD2019 (e.g. newcomers or returning veterans) will get priority in choosing their ranking in ATD2020 over those that voted 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0 time.
  • Those that voted 4 times will get priority in choosing their ranking in ATD2020 over those that voted 3, 2, 1 and 0 time.
  • Those that voted 3 times will get priority in choosing their ranking in ATD2020 over those that voted 2, 1 and 0 time.
  • Those that voted 2 times will get priority in choosing their ranking in ATD2020 over those that voted 1 and 0 time.
  • Those that voted 1 time will get priority in choosing their ranking in ATD2020 over those that voted 0 time.
  • Those that didn't vote at all will take whatever is left.
Notes:

-The reason to put newcomers or returning veterans on the same footing as ATD2019 participants who voted 5 times can be stated as follow: Innocent until proven guilty (not to mention, registrations are down, so no need to punish potential newcomers with disadvantages).
- Why tiers? Because if a GM missed a round of voting, he still has a reason to vote the next week.
- I would be willing to put those that voted 5 and 4 times in the same tier, so as to give the benefit of the doubt to those who only missed a single voting round.

How would it work inside each tier?

Inside the same tier, for example the top tier, we can ask GMs to choose their favorite ranking, then all GMs who chose a unique ranking will get this one, then we do another round until all GMs from the top tier got a ranking.Then we move on to the next tier.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I appreciate the idea behind the tiers, but for simplicity of admining the thing, I would have fewer of them.

Last time we did this (5 years ago?), we just had "past GMs who voted every round" and "everyone else."

I'm fine lumping newbies in with past GMs tho.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We need a new thread, these are supposed to stop at 1K. It's starting to cause problems with the servers.

Please make a new one (copy whatever information from this you need) and PM me once you do - I'll close this one.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I appreciate the idea behind the tiers, but for simplicity of admining the thing, I would have fewer of them.

Last time we did this (5 years ago?), we just had "past GMs who voted every round" and "everyone else."

I'm fine lumping newbies in with past GMs tho.

I say give a margin of error of one missed round, so that those who missed one still have a reason to come back on board.

If you miss two,m then you're out.

I agree it's simpler for administrating purposes.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad