ATD2019 - Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
The Baie-Comeau Drakkar would like to selects, from Minneapolis, MN., former University of Minnesota star and one of the few bright spots on the Dead Wings era of the 80's, Reed Larson.

ReedLarsonRoosevelt445.jpg

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'll get a guy who will work well depending on the circumstances where Stamkos doesn't make sense, or in the event that Bergeron gets hurt.

And the idea of him on the same team as Lemieux is kind of hilarious.

C Kris Draper

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
We'll take Andrei Markov with our first skipped pick, in case we want to bring in more of a puck mover and a great PP QB for certain match-ups.

Great PPQB indeed.One of the best of the last 20 years.

Markov was a cerebral player.A center in junior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoneberg

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll pick Kevin Hatcher, D

Spare D who can play both special teams.

Was probably more talented than his brother Derian, yet the latter had by far the best career.Goes to show that thinking you're hot shit isn't the best attitude to have.If he used his body more and focused on being better defensively, could have been great.

Rumor has it they shipped out of Dallas because his attitude to defense was tainting Derian.Not sure where I've read this.

(still a nice pick at this point though)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Bauer has an abnormal drop from his VsX 5 years score to his VsX 7 years score.

Since he has a legit reason for missing time (his seasons at age 27-28-29), it seems obvious that his VsX 7 years score underrates him.

So yeah, he is underrates because he missed time due to the war, which in turn lowered his VsX 7 years score abnormally.Two ways of saying the same thing.But not eveyrone was screwed by the war to the same extent, and Bauer performed good prior and after the war, giving him more benefit of the doubt as to what he would have done.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So use a lower number of seasons....

I completely agree, but no one does it since 7 years became the standard.This is why I always argued that using VsX 7 years for Guy Lafleur was ridiculous.Just use VsX 6 years.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
7 years is the best standard for most players. That doesn't mean it's the only way to judge talent.

I know.

My point with Bauer was to fight the standard methods of comparison, which paints him in a negative light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad