ATD2019 - Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Going with C Murray Oliver with my pick.

71ZNw2ry0DL._SY450_.jpg

@VanIslander is otc.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
A lot of strong lineups this year. More teams that look like contenders compared to last year, IMO. Less teams help, of course.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
A lot of strong lineups this year. More teams that look like contenders compared to last year, IMO. Less teams help, of course.

The teams this year are not strong.There is no super-contender powerhouse lineup IMO, and that's because of the no-trading format.

I agree there is more parity though.

The best teams from 2016, 2017 and 2018 are stronger than the best teams this year despite the league size advantage.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
The teams this year are not strong.There is no super-contender powerhouse lineup IMO, and that's because of the no-trading format.

I agree there is more parity though.

The best teams from 2016, 2017 and 2018 are stronger than the best teams this year despite the league size advantage.

I guess “strong” may have been a bit on the overly positive side, but like you said there is more parity with multiple possible contenders. Should make for an interesting voting process.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Reds select left winger Albert Kerr, the 1909 and 1911 Stanley Cup champion wingman for HHOF center Marty Walsh, renowned for his speed, shot and all-around play. "Dubbie" was a ECHA 1st team all star who went on to later become a 1st and 2nd team all star in the PCHA.

Calgary Daily Herald said:
two years ago, when Ottawa boasted of the greatest scoring forward line that had been seen in action for years, Dubbie Kerr and Marty Walsh were part and parcel of the grand hockey machine that won the world honors for Canada's capital… Kerr and Walsh led the NHA in goal getting two years ago and it is doubtful if ever two players worked together as they did. Darting down the ice together, the pair would slap the disk from stick to stick and if Kerr did not have a clear shot from the side, he passed to Walsh in center ice and Marty was usually there to score.

More in bio here

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Reds select feisty left winger Adam Graves, the 52-goal scorer who backed that up with 10 playoff goals that postseason on the way to leading all wingers in goals and all Rags in shots to the 1994 Stanley Cup championship. Four years earlier the sophomore had been traded to Edmonton midseason and from the 4th line contributed 5 playoff goals to the Oilers' last Stanley Cup championship, 2nd in shots taken by Oiler wingers. Graves is renowned for his hard work, competitiveness, willingness to shoot and to fight on behalf of teammates. In the so-called Dead Puck Era of the 1990's, Graves was 6th in NHL shots by wingers with 2000+ pucks on net, scoring 250+ goals and 30+ game winners that decade. The heart-and-soul player retired after 1100+ NHL games played, most of them as a New York Ranger, where his #9 jersey was retired to the rafters.

New York Times said:
... as the checker when he plays on his usual line.... walks a tightrope in his role for the Rangers. He is expected to be a tough guy and leads the team with 136 penalty minutes, but he is also expected to produce points... Graves is one of the Rangers most likely to cruise the rink as an enforcer, making sure that those who dare to hit his teammates know they will have to pay.

See bio here

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Fun draft everyone, got a lot of players I've always wanted this year. This year anyone can win it all, here's hoping for a great playoffs and may
the best team win.

Indeed tony.Here's to a great playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad