ATD2011 Foster Hewitt Semi: (1) Minnesota Fighting Saints vs. (5) Toronto Maple Leafs

Derick*

Can't believe LL, who seems like an experienced ATDer, is out so fast.

Derick*

I would have voted for you but as a consequence of not looking at every single series in detail didn't feel I should vote.

Now that I'm seeing outcomes I don't like I'm starting to wish I had. Oh well, next round.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
the click is voting me out every yr and im a lil sick of it

thansk cogniton :)

the voice of reason :)

anyways my anger has subsided

1 finger salute to the nobs who voted against me

not that i have to worry about pissing anyone off since no one reads here

when u loose to a gm who doesnt even bother to write a defence for his team it is maddening, Not one bio

was he busy?

i am in college sleep 4 hr s a night have a lil baby and another on the way not to mention my sick mother .......yet I found time

There is a click here and i am sick of u lil terds

Last edited:

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
LL, you are not the only one to lose a series when you post many arguements but lose despite that. More arguements don't guarantee anthing; be mature about it.

Frankly, I didn't think most of your arguements were very good, some bordering on ridiculous.

There is no clique against you, LL. Perhaps you should just adjust your approach to the draft.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
LL, you are not the only one to lose a series when you post many arguements but lose despite that. More arguements don't guarantee anthing; be mature about it.

Frankly, I didn't think most of your arguements were very good, some bordering on ridiculous.

There is no clique against you, LL. Perhaps you should just adjust your approach to the draft.

Agreed, maybe refrain from picking a few players from off the board and focus on building a team with good chemistry?

Hey, I can't tell you how to build your team, but if you're tired of losing, maybe it's time for a new plan for your team.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I had this series going 6, I thought it was close.

I think that the Saints had better depth overall, but Toronto had that standout first line, some depth and I thought Neidermayer and Toe Blake were big pluses for them.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
my team had great chemistry

my defensive pairings complemented each other.

I had a huge unstoppable scoring line
and the rest were all capable 2 way lines.

I had one of the best coach's of all time in toe blake

and gump worsey who is apparently is very underrated here. .

Yet i don't win one game ...not one.. come on now
some said they picked the series to go in 6 or 7 yet some how that doesn't translate into one win!

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
my team had great chemistry

my defensive pairings complemented each other.

I had a huge unstoppable scoring line
and the rest were all capable 2 way lines.

I had one of the best coach's of all time in toe blake

and gump worsey who is apparently is very underrated here. .

Yet i don't win one game ...not one.. come on now
some said they picked the series to go in 6 or 7 yet some how that doesn't translate into one win!

Not so much on the fourth line for the first part, but chemisty can't over come a severe lack of skill outside the top line.

Everyone could have voted for 6 or 7, but if everyone votes for 7 games with the Saints winning, it comes up a sweep.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
well well looks who makes his first post in this thread

unlike you i participated

thanks for being classless

least my anger was genuine and part of the series in which I participated and tried to win.

hey n psycho all the best to u in your next series ..not:D

Derick*

If this is going to be about likability and such we should just ditch the pretense of hockey teams and play iterated prisoner's dillema like a sociology class.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
well well looks who makes his first post in this thread

unlike you i participated

thanks for being classless

least my anger was genuine and part of the series in which I participated and tried to win.

hey n psycho all the best to u in your next series ..not:D

Hahah, I love it. Give people a piece of your mind.

I voted for a long series but I also think the Saints are an overrated team.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
If this is going to be about likability and such we should just ditch the pretense of hockey teams and play iterated prisoner's dillema like a sociology class.
Nalyd's team is clearly better, I voted for the better team. That's all there is to it, and it's clear most other GMs felt the same.

LL's arguments weren't good enough to overcome the massive difference in quality beyond line 1. These conspiracy theories about his old teams are all in his head.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I demand for the votes to be public!

Not trying to rub salt on your ATD wounds here, but what difference would it make if the votes were public? You got swept, so if TDMM counts votes the same way I do, it means you got no votes... or one. So if you want to have a beef with someone over this, you're going to end up having a beef with a lot of people.

Anyway, aren't you the most veteran GM here? If there was a clique you'd be the head honcho.

Honestly, I realized after your first post that letting you dig your own grave was a better plan then trying to debate you.

I suspected as much.

Leafs Forever said:

Yeah. Just posting doesn't guarantee you anything. You've got to post something good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad