ATD #9 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Many people would be mad at moving from Montreal to Saskatchewan.

True. The quality of women in Montreal would make it really hard for me to move away if I was ever lucky enough to call the city home. I heard in Newsy's time those Quebecois girls were flashin a lot of skin.

Mmmmmm...damn, baby...I can see yo ankle...

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
OK guys, who's in favour to start the clock TONIGHT, 11.59PM ET? I'll make a list of everyone in favour or against it and give it to TC at the end of the night.

In favour:

EagleBelfour
Pwnasaurus
Cottonking
John Flyers Fan
pappyline

Against it:

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
OK guys, who's in favour to start the clock TONIGHT, 11.59PM ET? I'll make a list of everyone in favour or against it and give it to TC at the end of the night.

In favour:

EagleBelfour
Pwnasaurus
Cottonking
John Flyers Fan
pappyline
Sturminator
God Bless Canada
Jungosi
arrbez
papershoes

Against it:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I am against starting the clock. Since the rules stated it would start at 12 AM Saturday.

I'd like it to start but changing the rules mid-draft is not the right thing to do.. I made my first pick in a panic just over 12 hours after the last pick becusase I had no idea the draft had even started. I got PMs... I did not read the thread since I knew I was just 12 hours and thought I would lose my pick... the posts around it said I was on the clock so I just made a quick pick without really thinking it through becuase I was already (I thought) several minutes late.

Then I read the thread and realized I was not on a clock at all.. the draft just started a week early. I am not complaining but I think changing the rules now is not right.... just wait 24 hours and there can be a clock.

Just my opinion.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Well, the way I see it, is that everyone know the draft has started for more than week now. From now on, EVERY GM's should at least look at this thread every day. That's how it should work (and 90% of the GM's are doing it). You should also know when your pick is up.

The only person who will have a problem if we start the clock tonight, is the one who dosen't look at the thread every day, which is a minimal requirement.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
I am against starting the clock. Since the rules stated it would start at 12 AM Saturday.

I'd like it to start but changing the rules mid-draft is not the right thing to do.. I made my first pick in a panic just over 12 hours after the last pick becusase I had no idea the draft had even started. I got PMs... I did not read the thread since I knew I was just 12 hours and thought I would lose my pick... the posts around it said I was on the clock so I just made a quick pick without really thinking it through becuase I was already (I thought) several minutes late.

Then I read the thread and realized I was not on a clock at all.. the draft just started a week early. I am not complaining but I think changing the rules now is not right.... just wait 24 hours and there can be a clock.

Just my opinion.

i agree. last time seventieslord had his 1st round pick skipped b/c the draft started early and he didn't know.

EDIT: yeah, EB is right. everyone has already picked at least once, so they know the draft has started.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Well, the way I see it, is that everyone know the draft has started for more than week now. From now on, EVERY GM's should at least look at this thread every day. That's how it should work (and 90% of the GM's are doing it). You should also know when your pick is up.

The only person who will have a problem if we start the clock tonight, is the one who dosen't look at the thread every day, which is a minimal requirement.

That's why I'm for it as well. Every GM has made a pick and knows it's going (Cup 2008 was in a slightly different situation because it was his first pick).

That said, starting the clock one day early won't make a tremendous amount of difference on the number of picks, so I'm ok if we don't change it too.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
That's why I'm for it as well. Every GM has made a pick and knows it's going (Cup 2008 was in a slightly different situation because it was his first pick).

That said, starting the clock one day early won't make a tremendous amount of difference on the number of picks, so I'm ok if we don't change it too.

I'd like it to start... but hey it is only one extra day to wait to do it like the original rules so why not just follow the original rules? It isn't like we will have to wait weeks... no need to be impatient... one day earlier on a clock is only TWo guaranteed picks made in those 24 hours.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com

In favour:

EagleBelfour
Pwnasaurus
Cottonking
John Flyers Fan
pappyline
Sturminator
God Bless Canada
Jungosi
arrbez
papershoes
pitseleh
chaosrevolver
Roger's Pancreas
Rick Middleton

Against it:

Cup 2008 Sens Rule
nik jr
Fissionfire

Last edited:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
i have no problem waiting another day, even though the present pace has been frustrating.

imo, getting skipped b/c the clock started early is worse than the rest of us waiting a bit longer.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The only reason I haven't picked yet is once again I'm working on a trade. If I don't get a response in a couple of hours, I will pick.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I'm against starting the clock immediately. I think an earlier suggestion of starting either at the posted time OR the start of round 3, whichever comes sooner would be the way to go. The REAL thing slowing the picks to a halt are the people who make trade offers then vanish for 8-12+ hours leaving the GM with the pick hanging out ot dry waiting for a responce. If you want to make a trade, make sure you can check the forums at least every couple hours for a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad