ATD 2021 Trade Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Aren't 422 and 461 when we are just picking spares.... I guess 422 is an 18th round pick... so a 4th liner.

I traded Provost for Giroux, ultimately giving numerical value for free. No one bat an eye. Taylor is Taylor, not his drafting rank. I was a good sport and added so the numbers work. The fact it's spares or 4th line or whatever shouldn't matter here.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Didn't everyone approve Provost for Giroux... which was basically -30 and nothing back lol

I thought it was obvious that BB (who had Bobby Hull) picked Provost, who he had no particular use for, in order to prevent me from drafting him - then traded him out of division. Which was kind of clever in a way.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I thought it was obvious that BB (who had Bobby Hull) picked Provost, who he had no particular use for, in order to prevent me from drafting him - then traded him out of division. Which was kind of clever in a way.

This is your interpretation, which is false by the way. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have taken 6 hours of excruciating deliberation on my clock. I traded Provost after a buyer-remorse and seeing that Giroux was stuck on a team that couldn't play him where they wanted. It was a pure accident.

Of course when I picked him I wanted to avoid GMs in my division taking him, that was part of his appeal sure.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This is your interpretation, which is false by the way. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have taken 6 hours of excruciating deliberation on my clock. I traded Provost after a buyer-remorse and seeing that Giroux was stuck on a team that couldn't play him where they wanted. It was a pure accident.

Oh sorry, I don't think you had ill intentions, but that's the way it worked out. I intentionally didn't comment on the Giroux for Provost trade at the time because I found it annoying how it worked out :laugh:

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
yes confirm the second trade lol

also just to be clear:

I picked Taylor because I couldn't decide between Palffy and Taylor and figured let's get both. Got happier with my pick on Palffy as time went on. Realized I screwed myself in not getting Roenick. @BenchBrawl reached out asking for Larmer or Taylor. We discussed it a bit, originally I wanted the 278 spot to pick Roenick, but it was clear he wanted Roenick. Then I just decided to give him Taylor for some earlier picks because I don't need Taylor and Larmer (he wanted Larmer obviously for the same reason I wanted Roenick, but I wasn't willing to part with Larmer).

The pick values at this point are overscrutinized in my opinion, so that's why I was like whatever, I missed out big time on Roenick by taking Taylor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad