ATD 2021 Trade Thread

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Post trade talk and submit trades for review here!

Trading Rules:
  • Trading is to be reasonably fair and balanced and lopsided trades will need to be re-worked or dropped. Unless there is vocal displeasure with a deal, generally speaking we pass trades that get an OK from 3 veteran members.
  • Each team may make up to FIVE trades.
  • Players CAN be traded during the draft as part of deal through the add/drop period. NO TRADING OF PLAYERS AFTER ADD/DROPS.
  • No more than 4 assets per team may be traded at a time.
  • A submitted trade counts DOES NOT count towards one of your 5 trades unless it is vetoed and the reworked deal gets vetoed as well.
  • Swapping all positions before the draft doesn't count as a "trade" for the purposes of the above rules.
  • Trading while on the clock is allowed. However please try and not make a habit out of using the entirety of said clock round after round looking for a last minute deal specifically.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Question on this: if a trade gets vetoed and is then re-worked to be acceptable does that count as 1 or 2 trades?

I think people have to get the opportunity to correct their trade at least once without being penalized. A chance to get the feedback from the room and show good faith.

Else you're always walking on eggs and it suffocates creativity and risk-taking.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Ye Olde Trading Post

Looking to move down-
My pick at #109 in (two picks away) is on the block. PM me.

Unclear as to which direction is sought with move-
Would like to pick up a 7th round pick. I have an early 6th, 8th and two mid 9th round picks to make a deal around. PM if interested.
Looking to move up-
Would like to move up from one of the following spots...114/135/154
I would trade up again if someone wants.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I hate those kind of trades.

The -5 is meaningless in the grand schemes of things, the -40 is significant later on.

Leaning towards asking for a rework.

A 1st round trade happens and then people are moving shit in the 6th or 7th rounds with nothing in between.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW

The -5 is meaningless in the grand schemes of things, the -40 is significant later on.

A 1st round trade happens and then people are moving shit in the 6th or 7th rounds with nothing in between.

You literally proposed a trade where I gave up a 6th and 7th pick to you.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

I think it's fair enough. Moving up in round 1, you're always going to pay more of a premium. Even still, the gap in talent is relative IMO, when you're talking 13 to 18 and then 160 to 200.

Certainly not dead on even, but nowhere near bad enough to veto.

Just my .02

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Let's allow others to weigh in. BB didn't say he was definitely vetoing. And if enough people say it's good, then it doesn't matter anyway.

Please don't start throwing bombs folks.

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Since I'm new at this, I'll take no offense if my opinion isn't taken into consideration, but I don't see any problem with this, based on what I've been told and seen in the threads. There's going to be a lot more value in those first round positions than the sixth and seventh round slots. It strikes me that it's a lot more balanced than five and 43 say on the surface.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad