ATD 2021 Trade Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
yes confirm the second trade lol

also just to be clear:

I picked Taylor because I couldn't decide between Palffy and Taylor and figured let's get both. Got happier with my pick on Palffy as time went on. Realized I screwed myself in not getting Roenick. [B]@BenchBrawl[/B] reached out asking for Larmer or Taylor. We discussed it a bit, originally I wanted the 278 spot to pick Roenick, but it was clear he wanted Roenick. Then I just decided to give him Taylor for some earlier picks because I don't need Taylor and Larmer (he wanted Larmer obviously for the same reason I wanted Roenick, but I wasn't willing to part with Larmer).

The pick values at this point are overscrutinized in my opinion, so that's why I was like whatever, I missed out big time on Roenick by taking Taylor.

Correct.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Dave Taylor, 365, 461

for

299, 326, 422

Was confirmed by both parties as of now.
Similar to first proposal, except for the fact that it's adding the differential of 4th-liner vs. depth-replacement roster-spot.

As it's not a balance-busting proposal, I'll agree.

[Just imagine the 'locks-of-the-bowl' we'd be dealing with if we'd allowed seven trades...]

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
We have a trade to approve between me and @Dirt 101

I send him pick 305 (round 13) + pick 401 (round 17)

He sends me Bob Goldham + pick 492 (round 21)

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
In case it makes it easier to approve the trade, here's what I was thinking.

I really wanted Goldham to round out my top 4. My backup plan was Cy Wentworth. Then @Dirt 101 took them both right before my pick. I thought my next available options were a step down so I reached out with a trade offer.

I initially offered a trade with a 1 round advantage to him in the 300s, thinking he would rather move up earlier than later. He countered with the trade you see here. From my perspective, the 400s are when we're filling out the lineup and needs and judgements vary quite a bit, so I'm fine with giving up the value there to lock down my core now.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
In case it makes it easier to approve the trade, here's what I was thinking.

I really wanted Goldham to round out my top 4. My backup plan was Cy Wentworth. Then @Dirt 101 took them both right before my pick. I thought my next available options were a step down so I reached out with a trade offer.

I initially offered a trade with a 1 round advantage to him in the 300s, thinking he would rather move up earlier than later. He countered with the trade you see here. From my perspective, the 400s are when we're filling out the lineup and needs and judgements vary quite a bit, so I'm fine with giving up the value there to lock down my core now.

Thanks for the explanation. When GMs make untraditional trades, I think these explanations really help.

Reading this, I would vote to approve.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I'm looking to trade up 10 or so spots. PM me if you are interested in moving down to 334.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Trade with @tabness for confirmation and approval:

To tabness: 334, 435
To rmartin65: 326, 452
Change: -8, +17

deal

explanation: I have picked so much in this range already and technically speaking took all three players one spot earlier than planned (also i prefer not to have a weekend clock as i feel tied to the computer/phone lol)

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
make me an offer and i will give you a generous deal with my last trade lol the players i want to fill out the lineup are half undrafted half very late picks in a draft this size

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I mean, an 8 spot jump at this point in the draft is far from draft breaking, but you basically gave up nothing for it.

Hey, no hard feelings if you veto it.

I am all about people using their right to veto- if you think a trade is unfair, veto it. It should not be taken personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->