ATD 2021 REDUX

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yes, I would have rather had Ivan/Aurie than anyone available in the 12th round. Putting together a 2nd real life line seemed fun, even if I thought it's a bit high for Aurie in general.

In a vacuum it's probably high for Aurie, but I don't think there's a better two-way RW with grit available.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Ultra talented Alexander Mogilny, to this day, from what I've seen, it's very hard to put any player above him on this aside from like Lemieux and Gretzky and that by a shade.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ultra talented Alexander Mogilny, to this day, from what I've seen, it's very hard to put any player above him on this aside from like Lemieux and Gretzky and that by a shade.

I was considering Mogilny to play with Marchand and Cowley, but wasn't convinced there'd be enough defense on the line, and even if there was it would probably greatly take away from Marchand's offense.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Mogilny can play all world defense in sort of the same way he can play all world anything, but yes, I feel you on the consistency thing. I actually feel Marchand though might play well enough with Mogilny, intelligent enough player to compliment, but yeah with Cowley as the center on the line, it's a different look for sure than what Marchand is used to.

My team on the other hand needed more of an offensive gamebreaker on the flanks and someone to be a mainstay on the powerplay and that's what I'm hoping out of Mogilny.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Henderson selects 2nd team all-star Ott Heller, the NHL leader in assists for a defenseman (in the era of Eddie Shore) over his best 5- and 10-year spans, the two-time Stanley Cup champion, 15-year career New York Ranger (a record for over a quarter century until Gilbert and Howell) and 3-year club captain. He is ranked the 25th best franchise player ever in 100 Ranger Greats.
... excelled at keeping opposition forwards outside of the slot and towards the perimeter. He was said to have incredible upper body strength, allowing him to quickly pin his opponent and by doing so avoiding many penalties. He was tough too, often training with local boxers at a local gym.... Heller was a great skater, and not afraid to join or even lead the rush from time to time...

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyzombies

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
The Kamloops Blazers would like to welcome, from Verdun, Quebec, former 2nd All-Star team, Lady Bing finalist, five times Stanley Cup winner and one of the best defensive forward of his era, Don Marshall.

members-of-the-nhls-greatest-dynasty-the-1955-56-to-1959-60-montreal-canadiens-sitting-l-r-dickie-moore-jean-beliveau-tom-johnson-standing-l-r-don-marshall-jean-guy-talbot-and-henri-richard-are-reunited-for-a-photo-during-the-2007-nhl-stanley-cup-hockey-series-between-the-anaheim-ducks-and-the-ottawa-senators-in-kanata-june-1-2007-the-montreal-canadiens-won-five-straight-stanley-cups-between-1955-1960-reutersmark-blinch-canada-2E8H57M.jpg

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm going to take probably the best defensive winger left in the draft to finish my top nine.

LW Marty Pavelich

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
ROUND 14:

97. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars - Tony Leswick, LW/RW
98. tabness - Seattle Supersoakers - Alex Mogilny, RW
99. Dirt 101 - Henderson Silver Knights - Ott Heller, D
100. Claude the Fraud - Kamloops Blazers - Don Marshall, LW/C
101. tiny zombies - Nova Scotia Voyageurs - Mike Gartner, RW
102. TheDevilMadeMe - Brooklyn Americans - Bernie Morris, C/RW
103. The Macho Man - Richmond Renegades - Marty Pavelich, LW
104. tony d - St. Louis Cardinals - Joel Otto, C

ROUND 15:

105. tony d - St. Louis Cardinals - Red Dutton, D
106. The Macho Man - Richmond Renegades - Kevin Lowe, D
107. TheDevilMadeMe - Brooklyn Americans - Flash Hollett, D/F
108 tony zombies - Nova Scotia Voyageurs -
109. Claude the Fraud - Kamloops Blazers -
110. Dirt 101 - Henderson Silver Knights -
111. tabness - Seattle Supersoakers -
112. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars -

ROUND 16:

113. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars -
114. tabness - Seattle Supersoakers -
115. Dirt 101 - Henderson Silver Knights -
116. Claude the Fraud - Kamloops Blazers -
117. tiny zombies - Nova Scotia Voyageurs -
118. TheDevilMadeMe - Brooklyn Americans -
119. The Macho Man - Richmond Renegades -
120. tony d - St. Louis Cardinals -

ROUND 17:

121. tony d - St. Louis Cardinals -
122. The Macho Man - Richmond Renegades -
123. TheDevilMadeMe - Brooklyn Americans -
124. tony zombies - Nova Scotia Voyageurs -
125. Claude the Fraud - Kamloops Blazers -
126. Dirt 101 - Henderson Silver Knights -
127. tabness - Seattle Supersoakers -
128. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars -

Reactions: Dirt 101

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll take the NHL 2nd team all star who won the Stanley Cup then was recruited to the more lucrative WHA where he captained the first championship for that league, winning two more cups thereafter. Known for his physical play, the latest Silver Knight is "Terrible" Ted Green.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think it’s a fun idea to put this guy on the same line as Igor Larionov, both often praised for how smart they played the game…

Chicago selects Bobby Bauer, RW

Next pick coming shortly

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
I'll pick Kevin Hatcher, guy who had all the talent to be the next Larry Robinson, didn't get there of course, but I think he's remembered less fondly than he should be due to him having sort of an anti highlight reel as well as the feeling of unfulfilled potential. For much of his career Hatcher was the guy chosen to play many important minutes in all situations, and this includes in his best years in Washington which had a deep defense core.

Reactions: Dirt 101

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Henderson selects coach Cecil Hart, who led the Habs to five first place seasons and two cups with innovative strategies and a player's coach mentality. He focused on utilizing speed, and was known to capitalize on an opportunity to ice four or even five forwards at times. He would not hesitate to combine the Silver Knight duos (Hull-Richard with Malone-Maltsev or Ratelle-Gilbert), in fact, he is expected to, at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad