Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
The Whalers conclude their roster with a proper Whaler in Pat Verbeek, RW
86138afd88aa3c01da5a7ebbf62966bc.jpg

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chicago selects Brent Seabrook, D

There are better D on the board, but I wanted a RHS, who is somewhat balanced between offense/defense. In addition, Seabrook is a great locker room/leadership guy who was a key part of Cup winners.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Barrasso and Moran seem like decent backup goalie value for the 24th round. Who is 2 and who is 3? Tom is not in the roster post.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
How can I be skipped if I never received a PM?

I just signed on when I made that post and by that point you had technically been skipped.

You not getting a PM was due to the person before you not picking and getting skipped as well. This is not the general policy to be clear.

I tagged you and TDMM as I always do when a person is skipped so when they log onto the forums, the little red dot is in the upper right corner.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well, Pittsburgh is going to the former USSR to round out its roster!

This fella had an incredible physique and had legendary endurance and was a defensive presence/strong PK'er for the Soviets. He also reads like an extremely likable player and fantastic teammate, role model. Accustomed to playing with multiple superior players and partners on the back end so a depth role here shouldn't be an issue given that + his personality. He's a win at all costs player who would likely sub in for Hollet if/when you needed a bump in defensive acumen. High character player with depth ATD ability!

"Mr. Irrelevant", Gennadiy Tsygankov, D

gennadiy-tsygankov-e007cb0b-6809-44d8-b0d9-9808550ce17-resize-750.jpeg

Vlad Lutchenko said:

Tsygankov became one of us immediately. He quickly found his place on the CSKA Moscow team, and in the spring of 1971, he played for the national team in a friendly match against Sweden. At that time, I was playing with Ragulin, but in that game, Tarasov put me next to Tsygankov. Gennady showed a fantastic performance and great physical strength - guys nicknamed him the Caspian tiger (although I think that the Ussuri tiger would be more fitting given his birthplace).

To illustrate his extraordinary physique, I can tell you this story - at our base in Kudepsta, where we used to do our pre-season training, our trainers came up with a new test - measuring oxygen consumption during exercise (VO2 max). All of us knew that Gennady was head and shoulders above everyone else - but he just kept on going, and eventually the bag burst. An incredible feat. Everyone was shocked.

His organism was truly unique. He seemed to be impervious to pain. I remember that in some game, the puck hit Gennady in the ankle. The doctor on the bench gave him a shot and he was back on the ice. After the game, X-ray scan revealed that there is a bone fracture. How could he play with such injury and pain?

Gennady was ultra-reliable, you could always count on him. And not only on the ice. Maybe that's why he had a lot of friends in every city he played in.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'd like to chime in with my thanks to @ImporterExporter for running this thing for us. Thanks for a smooth ride!

My pleasure!

And thank you for deciding to join this little circus of lunatics! You did a really nice job your first go around. Better than I did certainly! Hope you decide to continue on down the road sir.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There will be a MLD.

So if you see extra guys deserving of all-time great selection, join the 2021 Minor League Draft! (It'll get going at a point after the ATD playoffs.)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'll finish it up with tough guy HHOF,

Jack Adams, C/LW

Sorry, I would have been more prompt if I realized I was holding up add/drops. Oops.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
DROP: Tom Barrasso
ADD: Harry Oliver

The Jackals add HHOF right winger Harry Oliver, the three-time WCHL all star (top 3 in goals or assists for four straight years 1923-1926), the NHL leader in playoff scoring in a 1927 finals run, GM-voted 2nd team NHL all star in 1928, then became a Lady Byng finalist and Stanley Cup champion the next year, setting up the cup-clinching overtime goal for the Bruins in a "rough" final series.

Amazingly, Oliver led his teams in scoring for seven consecutive years: 4 with the Calgary Tigers then 3 with the Bruins (he also was a team leader in playoff scoring those three Boston postseasons).

Oliver is renowned for his speed, agility, stickhandling, poke check, hard work and clutch play.
... with the speed and grace of a greyhound... dizziest piece of stickhandling...
... Oliver isn’t such a mite of a man either – the way he throws his 156 pounds into the whirl of scrimmages and body checks. He is a clean player, a remarkable poke checker and a deadly shot.

HOliverbos.jpg

His checking was beautiful to behold, and his rushing was well executed...
He scored twice through the game, and all through the game, his back-checking was outstanding... His back checking was also an important factor, but he was really the only one on the front line who did his stuff in this respect... and he back checked consistently throughout...
The work of Oliver in back checking in front was a big feature and he harassed the visitors continuously.
Oliver backchecked wonderfully all through the game and broke into the defense on some splendid combination efforts...
Time after time, when [Oliver] had been stopped, he swung around again and hooked the puck away from the opposition.
In front of this group was [Oliver] the poke checkingest of the bunch that ever took a ride on skates.
All info and quotes from great ATD bios.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad