ATD 2020 Draft Thread V

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I could make picks for a team as a replacement GM if you all decide it’s needed. I’m not in any rush though. Let me know if you would want the picks made sooner, or wait until later or the end of the draft.

Would be great to have an experienced GM hop in here.

Ideally, you would wait until after my next set of picks. :nod:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I had a @Voight sighting on HOH today. Overpass, maybe you could PM him and ask him if he needs a co-GM? I'd give him a day or two to respond.

Obviously I'm worried about Macho Man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namba 17

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Voight has been online most days since his last pick was made way back in round 13 i think it was.

@overpass why don't you shoot him a PM and if he's ok with it, maybe you could make up his picks and finish out his team. He was only managing 1 team so shouldn't be too much work.

No way to tell when MM was on last as he has that feature hidden. Really hoping he's ok!

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
I had a @Voight sighting on HOH today. Overpass, maybe you could PM him and ask him if he needs a co-GM? I'd give him a day or two to respond.

Voight has been more or less a regular on HOH, so whatever is keeping him out of the ATD is not keeping him out of there (which is sort of understandable, deciding on a pick is more time consuming than making a comment about any old topic)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

I spoke with Macho Man via PM back on the 16th, and he told me he was really sick but was starting to feel better. He told me he’d be making his picks within the next day or so.

It’s seems very unlike him to not be around at all, so I’m sure life got in the way. I hope he’s doing okay. Scary times out there..

Voight I’m wondering if he just fell so behind with his skipped picks he just figures there’s no point in participating?

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
With my skipped pick John Bouse Hutton, G

73df7134b5943337bf54179b5b09b388.jpg

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
@ImporterExporter doing great running the show in truly confusing and uncertain times

Thanks RB. On one hand working from home everyday and pretty much being in my house all the time right now makes it easier to keep track of things. On the other, being isolated suuucks. As I said, the forgotten aspect in all of this nonsense. Mental health.

And credit to everyone who has been able to stick it out and keep going.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Salt Lake selects RW, Jamie Langenbrunner

GYI0062891032.jpg

A reliable, defensively responsible, tenacious, hard working player with strong leadership qualities, Jamie completes our 4th line and will also see time on the Golden Eagles PK. He has proven throughout his career that he can be a clutch scorer, scoring 10 and 11 goals in separate playoff runs during the dead puck era, twice being an important piece on Stanley Cup winning clubs, and in one of those runs he lead all NHLers in goals and tied in points. Jamie also captained the 2010 US Olympic team to a Silver medal, scoring 4 points in 6 games. He’s the perfect role player to complete our group of 12 forwards.

Greatest Hockey Legends said:
He's a role player's superstar.'' That's how New Jersey coach Pat Burns described Jamie Langenbrunner.

''He's got all the skills to be an offensive threat and yet he has the temperament to fill a role as a solid two-way player. Great heart."

A powerful though choppy skater Langenbrunner was an intense forechecker and diligent defensive forward. But he also had a nice touch around the net. He scored a very respectable 243 goals and 663 points in 1109 career games. He had a good shot and was a smart playmaker. In many ways he was very much an unsung hero.

Reactions: VanIslander

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I spoke with Macho Man via PM back on the 16th, and he told me he was really sick but was starting to feel better. He told me he’d be making his picks within the next day or so.

It’s seems very unlike him to not be around at all, so I’m sure life got in the way. I hope he’s doing okay. Scary times out there..

Voight I’m wondering if he just fell so behind with his skipped picks he just figures there’s no point in participating?

This is exactly what happened.

Sorry all but from Mid Feb to Mid March I had near 0 time to research and make picks. Hence why I was pretty much open for someone to take over.

I'll be honest, I wasn't thrilled with the format we used here and did not have as much interest as I usually do. However i still wanted to manage a team as this is a good activity and something i enjoy doing. But around mid Feb real life got in the way of my spare time and there was a full week where i did not have a second of time to spend on here.

Apologies but give my team to overpass if you want , at this point I'll just look forward to next year

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stephane Richer - RW

9D443A1A-C381-4BB0-A62C-E71DA5C4B8A7.jpeg

2x SC
2x 50G (unadjusted)
Plus/Minus 76 (around 200th all-time, I got bored of counting duplicates)
Doesn't do squat on the PP, which is a shocker with that huge shot he had. I think solid defensively from recall?

Feisty.

They used to practice after us and I once watched him ding 20 Crossbars in a row from center ice.

ES VsX (1960-2017) - best seven years (tied for 24th all-time removing ties; With ties included is 6 away from #50; 12 away from #25 overall.)
108thRICHER, STEPHANE52 ES Pts
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Habsfan18

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Making up pick 697 the New York Americans select Todd Marchant, C.

Marchant will be our 4C and be on the second PK unit alongside Rolston.

Reactions: kruezer

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Stephane Richer - LW

View attachment 339246

2x SC
2x 50G (unadjusted)
Plus/Minus 76 (around 200th all-time, I got bored of counting duplicates)
Doesn't do squat on the PP, which is a shocker with that huge shot he had. I think solid defensively from recall?

Feisty.

They used to practice after us and I once watched him ding 20 Crossbars in a row from center ice.

ES VsX (1960-2017) - best seven years (tied for 24th all-time removing ties; With ties included is 6 away from #50; 12 away from #25 overall.)
108thRICHER, STEPHANE52 ES Pts
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He's mroe of a RW than a LW, but I think he's a reasonable RW/LW

Reactions: tinyzombies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad