ATD 2011- Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
we all know that you should have a trade in place by now after all It has been 2 days

It's only been 2 days? LOL. I honestly thought it's been a lot longer than that, seriously. I have an itch... and that itch can only be scratched by drafting....

Seriously though, 2 days really isn't that long for everyone to get settled before the draft starts, despite how impatient everyone here (including me) might be.

Think of it this way - GMs later in the draft are going to end up having quite a few days to think about selections, try to make trades, etc. The GMs at the front of the draft have to do all that now, and it's very reasonable for them to take A FEW days to do so.

I think the reason some GMs were starting to get annoyed was the thought that this might drag out for another week. :)

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
What is everyone on about?

I didn't think the draft even started officially till next weekend?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I have deleted all the posts about this nonsense. We don't want to have a negative, political and distrustful environment created here, right from the start. Don't waste your time - other posts on this matter will be deleted. I have left a few posts which can serve as "voices of reason" among the others.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
and we wait

I know you're excited LL, but we have all conveniently agreed to have the draft starting on the 31st.

I have tonsillitis and I've spent the entire weekend at home, trying to get fluids down, studying for two exams I have this week and constantly checking this thread for some action, definitely checking this thread more than preparing for the exams. I'm just as excited as you are, but it's only one week away, I've only participated in one ATD and one MLD, but the flow of both have been extremely well-paced and are a lot of fun, and from what I've gathered you are one of the longer tenuring managers here. So just hang tight, one week away, start thinking about who you want to build your team around. Who you plan on picking with your first pick, it'll be here sooner than later man.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
The general rule is we start the draft a few days early so we can get a head start because this draft will be 8 weeks long.

I don't like having to wait but I will and the thing isn't about me complaining about waiting it is the first gms who are taking over 2 days and counting just to make one trade. T

Hopefully this is the last post by me on this subject

btw I am studying for an exam myself for tomorrow

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I have taken trade talk to the trade thread.

I realize this is going to be a big adjustment for us all, and I'll have to do this a few more times, and I don't mind that.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
It turns out that I just can't keep myself away from the ATD. The challenge of putting together a tight team with 40 franchises in the draft is just too much for me. I'm going to be working with Rick in this one. See you all around.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It turns out that I just can't keep myself away from the ATD. The challenge of putting together a tight team with 40 franchises in the draft is just too much for me. I'm going to be working with Rick in this one. See you all around.

Oh... well ignore my last post, then. Welcome back.

For the record, Dreak, I didn't even see your post, I just know it was removed.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Does anyone have an easy way that I can switch all 25 of one team's picks with another team on the draft list?

for example, I can paste it all into Word, and then do a find/replace on "jareklajkosz - North Pole Penguinators" and replace it with "TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Devils" so that's half the work done. Except I can't do that the other way around now, since it would just change all 50 entries back.

Just wondering if there's an easy shortcut here, to avoid doing it all manually.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Does anyone have an easy way that I can switch all 25 of one team's picks with another team on the draft list?

for example, I can paste it all into Word, and then do a find/replace on "jareklajkosz - North Pole Penguinators" and replace it with "TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Devils" so that's half the work done. Except I can't do that the other way around now, since it would just change all 50 entries back.

Just wondering if there's an easy shortcut here, to avoid doing it all manually.

I would just wait until the end of the first round to fix all the picks that happen after the first round, since I think there's a good chance that more teams will do the swap all their picks thing. Or at least wait until the clock starts.

I think just deleting the draft order from Round 2 on and replacing it with the new order would be easier? You would only have to manually fix rounds 2 and 3, then copy and paste them the appropriate number of times.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Never mind, the great seventieslord is way too smart to be slowed down by such a minor issue, not to mention modest.

Draft OP is now updated to reflect the jarek/TDMM mass swap and I've also changed the traded picks to Red from Lime, in accordance with how it's usually done.

Last edited:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
And because I need to be a nazi about it, all trade talk to trade thread please! That's what it's for. Thanks 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad