ATD 2011- Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick*

With the 1st overall pick of ATD 2011, the Sharks of San Jose select Bobby Orr

source_226_24076.jpg

Derick*

As you all know it took a long time for us to decide between Aki Berg and Bobby Orr but we made our pick and we think we made the right one.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
So we begin now? can't say I have a problem with that, definitely no starting of clocks until the original start date though. And Orr goes #1 again, for what he did in the amount of games he played in, is without a doubt, an immaculate effort, that would be a strenuous task to be matched by anybody.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
no, he's right. Career value, he might be 3rd and that's where I rate him all-time. But per-game, or even per-best-600-games, there's no doubt he was the best ever.

If per game pace was all that mattered, then certain guys would be at the top of the class that may not even go in this draft.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm just waiting for a specific person to anwser me and then I'll make my pick.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I won't really slow the draft down because I'm waiting for the 3rd overall anyway.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
If per game pace was all that mattered, then certain guys would be at the top of the class that may not even go in this draft.

of course it's not just about per-game pace. but 600 games is still a long time to prove you're the best. And Orr did. this isn't a top-100 list, it's the ATD. We're looking at a player's on-ice impact here.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Well, except he didn't say that, he just said he was dominant like no other hockey player ever. And when he was on the ice, he was.

In terms of peak? Maybe.. but another guy was dominant as hell for much, much longer.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
The other guy was dominant in one zone - the offensive zone. Orr was at both ends.

The other guy had the puck so often that whether or not he was good defensively really didn't matter. The same can be said of Orr, sure, but the other guy definitely had that dominance for much longer.

Curious, how much stock do you put into longevity? You seem to be one of those guys that doesn't put any at all.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Waiting for confirmation of my trade with Home Nugget that I posted in the trade thread , Home Nugget said ''Sounds good to me'' so I took it as a yes if unsure just ask him , if it's confirmed he's next to pick.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The other guy had the puck so often that whether or not he was good defensively really didn't matter. The same can be said of Orr, sure, but the other guy definitely had that dominance for much longer.

Curious, how much stock do you put into longevity? You seem to be one of those guys that doesn't put any at all.

Hmm, well there is a modern physical specimen centre that I think should go higher than he usually does in this draft because he was so good at his peak, so I don't put much stock into longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad