Status
Not open for further replies.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
There's a big difference between 5'2" and 5'5"

What to make of modern goaltender Mike Vernon at 5'7'' then?

---

I'm a bit sad that no one responded to my conclusion on Al Rollins. His everybody agreeing or no one took the time to read it? :laugh:

---

I'm picking next, but won't stay around, who can take a list for my next 2 selections?

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
can you not just look at the date to find it? i can read other papers that way. that is why i posted the date.

search poile lindsay. it is the first result.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70A12FB3F5F167B93C7A91788D85F4C8485F9

The text of the article follows:

POILE TOPS RANGERS POLL

Lindsay Also Gets 14 Votes in Naming of All-Opponent Six

The New York Rangers have selected an all-opponent hockey team, it was announced yesterday at the Hockey Writers Association luncheon at Leone's. Those who have furnished the New Yorkers with the "toughest" opposition, according to the Ranger vote are: Harry Lumley, Detroit, goal; Jack Stewart and Bill Quackenbush, Detroit, defense; Max Bentley, Toronto, center; Norman Poile, Chicago, right wing, and Ted Lindsay, Detroit, left wing. Lindsay and Poile topped the balloting with 14 votes apiece.

A "second team" was also chosen be the Rangers, as follows: Frank Brimsek, Boston, goal; Jack Crawford, Boston, and Ken Reardon, Montreal, defense; Syl Apps, Toronto, center; Gordon Howe, Detroit, right wing, and Gaye Stewart, Chicago, left wing.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
What to make of modern goaltender Mike Vernon at 5'7'' then?

---

I'm a bit sad that no one responded to my conclusion on Al Rollins. His everybody agreeing or no one took the time to read it? :laugh:

---

I'm picking next, but won't stay around, who can take a list for my next 2 selections?

1) Vernon is short. Ross Roach was short. But Worters was really short even for his era. (but was still the best goalie in the league in the late 20s apparently).

2) Before reading your bio, I didn't know if Rollins was better than Mike Liut. Now I think he's probably closer to Cujo. That's probably not what you want to hear, but at least it's an improvement, right?

3) Actually, you were already skipped for several hours when you sent your list. Still got your guy though.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
8:56 + 1 hour for EB + 3 hours for home nugget means reen was on the clock at 12:56 EST, correct? Which means he has 22 minutes left to select.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
According to my calculations, reen is skipped. Someone please PM cogntion, who is OTC until 7:56 EST or a little less than three hours from now

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
8:56 + 1 hour for EB + 3 hours for home nugget means reen was on the clock at 12:56 EST, correct? Which means he has 22 minutes left to select.

Yes. Reen has just recently been skipped.

315 - I picked
316 - Nik picked
715 - papershoes skipped
856 - dwight picked
956 - EB skipped
1256 - homenugget skipped
456 - reen skipped

Derick*

No idea who to pick, dead tired, will do it later. Autoskip me please. Please pm next person.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
No idea who to pick, dead tired, will do it later. Autoskip me please. Please pm next person.

Sabre has one hour from this post to pick. Someone please PM him (I'm on the iPhone).

Then reen and home nugget are autoskipped unless they make up their picks. I have EB's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad