OT: At The Rink "New Jersey Devils Edition" - All Things Related To Playing Hockey

PuckHogs29

Jul 6, 2010
NJ
Alex Velischek at open today at Twin Oaks.

Well that was interesting.

I didn't know they rink even existed. Is it worth the 45 minute drive from Paramus to hit the 11:15 am on weekdays? Thursdays especially I have nothing going on and 10 bucks for 2 hours is great.

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
I didn't know they rink even existed. Is it worth the 45 minute drive from Paramus to hit the 11:15 am on weekdays? Thursdays especially I have nothing going on and 10 bucks for 2 hours is great.

I've driven further for less, so sure. Really good game, only a few weaker players.

They pay goalies $10 at the end of the sessions too so you're guaranteed to get at least 2. Today there were 4.

PuckHogs29

Jul 6, 2010
NJ
I've driven further for less, so sure. Really good game, only a few weaker players.

They pay goalies $10 at the end of the sessions too so you're guaranteed to get at least 2. Today there were 4.

That's awesome, I'll have to try and get over there this week and check it out.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
Twin Oaks is a really good rink for during the week open.. always a good showing. When I was working 3rd shift i always went and it was always a good skate.

Randy Velischek and Bruce Driver bought the rink about a year ago now and they do a really good job at keeping the place flowing with hockey. They jump on the ice every now and then to play. Bruce is the best Goalie to play against.. Takes his frustrations out on his stick and the goal post lol.

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
Twin Oaks is a really good rink for during the week open.. always a good showing. When I was working 3rd shift i always went and it was always a good skate.

Randy Velischek and Bruce Driver bought the rink about a year ago now and they do a really good job at keeping the place flowing with hockey. They jump on the ice every now and then to play. Bruce is the best Goalie to play against.. Takes his frustrations out on his stick and the goal post lol.

The ice was pretty weird looking. It looked almost synthetic like the stuff they put outside the Rock for fanfest.

It was also reallllllly soft ice.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I was never a huge fan of twin oaks, mainly because of how small it is, but I grew up playing there a lot. It's only a few minutes from my house and I took privates with Randy for a while so I was there every week. John Madden's kids actually took privates from Randy right after me, so my dad would talk to him a lot while I was on the ice. But overall, the rink is clean and it's worth the price..just not a huge rink. A lot of former Mo Beard and Delbarton players go there for open, so that probably explains why the talent level is high.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
over where i live in Australia, we have several hockey leagues.

when i come over to the States in October, i'll be picking up the last of the gear that i need to play (way too expensive to pay retail here).

once i get the gear, i'll be doing a lot more practicing and trying to get up to a D/C standard (only started skating last November), and hopefully play in a league early next year :)

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
over where i live in Australia, we have several hockey leagues.

when i come over to the States in October, i'll be picking up the last of the gear that i need to play (way too expensive to pay retail here).

once i get the gear, i'll be doing a lot more practicing and trying to get up to a D/C standard (only started skating last November), and hopefully play in a league early next year :)
Where do you stay in the states?

NJDevs430

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Twin Oaks is having open hockey the next three Wednesday nights 8:15-10:15.

DevsFan84

Jul 31, 2007
does pure do sharpenings and if so how much?

$6 for standard, player or goalie
$8 Flat Bottom V and Figure

I do competitive figure skate sharpenings (hand stoning) as well, though something tells me not too many people on here would be interested in that particular service ;)

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I'm gonna try and get a few friends to go to Floyd Hall on Friday night. Let me know if you'll be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad