OT: At The Rink "New Jersey Devils Edition" - All Things Related To Playing Hockey

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
Since the explosion of the Equipment Sale thread, I , as well as others, feel the need for a thread dedicated to all things related to playing hockey.

- Adult league discussion/recruitment
- Equipment talk/sale discussions
- Tips/Questions/Help
- Roller/Outdoor Wintertime/Street Hockey
- Open Hockey
- Setting up Rink times

Below are some really helpful and useful links

Puck Hunt - http://www.puckhunt.com/ - NJ area Hockey Database website. Good for open hockey listings
Pure Hockey - http://www.purehockey.com/ - Really good Hockey Shop. NJ location in Fairfield
Daily Hockey Deals - http://dailyhockeydeals.blogspot.com/ - Good site that finds great online deals/sales

Last edited:

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
Anyone have any experience with the Mofo Hockey League in Manhattan or the Zogsports league on Roosevelt Island?

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Make sure you put am/pm next to your time.

I'm going to the 845am open hockey at union sports arena. Last week it was just me, CB and a goalie on a full sheet.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Hahahahaha

That's gotta be kinda awkward and boring, no?

No, actually. It was me, CB and the same goalie last week.

Took lots of shots and did a good amount of skating.

I did 4 60second drills (fml) and i did modified sprints: goalline - blue - goal - red - blue - farblue - red - far goalline.

We only had 8 pucks since the ****ers "lost them" so I did something really stupid. I put all 8 pucks towards the tops of the circles and skated clockwise, picked up 1 puck and took 1 shot. If i scored, i skated counter clockwise and did the same thing.

Probably took me 10 minutes to score. Excellent workout.

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
No, actually. It was me, CB and the same goalie last week.

Took lots of shots and did a good amount of skating.

I did 4 60second drills (fml) and i did modified sprints: goalline - blue - goal - red - blue - farblue - red - far goalline.

We only had 8 pucks since the ****ers "lost them" so I did something really stupid. I put all 8 pucks towards the tops of the circles and skated clockwise, picked up 1 puck and took 1 shot. If i scored, i skated counter clockwise and did the same thing.

Probably took me 10 minutes to score. Excellent workout.

hahaha I can just see the goalie shaking his head watching you do sprints.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Probably gonna with the the Hejduk MH500, but since it comes out to $65 I'm gonna hold off and give the pro shop a call tomorrow just to see what they could offer.

4check22

Jul 19, 2003
Karl Spackler's hovel
From hockey? I totally understand the risks involved, but I'm willing to take that chance.
Yeah. It is really quite pathetic: I was playing right D, and the puck was blocked from a previous shot between myself and the high slot. I bolted after it to knock it back down behind the net, do so, and some hack with little-to-know abilities screams, "I'm sorry!" In a split second I glance up and see this guy flying at me with his head down, snowplowing trying to stop. His helmet slammed into my face.

From the point of me hearing "I'm sorry!" to impact was about .1 seconds. I woke up in a pool of blood and my upper lip split from my nose to my mouth. Not sure if a visor would have helped, but a shield would have.

The next week I was back out there without either. Am I really that bada$$? Nope. My wife was so pi$$ed about the stitches that she wouldn't let me spend anymore coin on hockey.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Pure Hockey in Fairfield.

Got the Oakley half cause I'm that awesome.

Pure is a bit of a stretch for me because of the distance. I'm gonna call Ice Vault tomorrow and see what they've got in the $60 neighborhood. If they can't do anything for me, I actually just checked Sports Authority and they've got the Oakley half for about $65.

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
Currently in a league down in Hackensack and we've been styling on the whole division like it's no big deal.

Anyone trying to do a Sept-March league this fall/winter and need players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad