OT: At The Rink "New Jersey Devils Edition" - All Things Related To Playing Hockey

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Figured it's worth a shot, anyone know any team (North Jerseyish, preferably at the Ice House) looking for a player for their spring league team? Been playing for about 12 years now, although I wasn't able to play at all last year. I play D.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Hey guys, I'm looking for rinks near where I go to school in Ewing, anybody know of any indoor or outdoor rinks nearby?

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Bump, anyone know of any rinks around the northern NJ/NYC area that have open hockey/need a player to play? Really itching to get back on the ice.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
What part of Northern NJ?

So I noticed the front toe cover on my skate is loosening and prob gonna break off soon. Which means i will be in the market for a new set. These are CCM 652's i bought at the sport section 9 years ago...(miss that place since i left NJ) replaced blades a few times....

I have a fairly wide foot, any recommendations? want a decent pair that will, but dont wanna really break the bank....$200-$250 about what i would spend.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Bergen County, so I've mostly played at the Ice House but I've played in other surrounding rinks like the Ice Vault, Floyd, McKay (ha), SportOrama, Palisades.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
also depends on what time you are looking for open hockey. Twin oaks has open at noon wed and fri and its a good skate. Aspen in randolph, even tho thats a bit far for you has it at 630 friday am which is my favorite skate. they also have it 9am on sundays now

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Looking for Beer League Players (Ice House)

Couldn't find a thread to post this in, so I apologize if there is one I should've used instead.

Looking for a couple Defenseman and Forwards to play in a beer league at the Ice House in Hackensack. I usually don't resort to this but we lost a few players due to injury and job relocation and need some new bodies. Its Division 4 (really like 2).

Games are Wednesday nights between 9 -11pm. 17 games incl. playoffs. We'll have an hour practice session and cold beer every game. If anyone is interested let me know.

Again, apologize for the new thread. And don't let the Ranger affiliation fool you. Plenty of Devils fans on the team. ;)

mlaws9

Jun 6, 2013
OT: drop-in/pickup in NYC area?

I'm about to move to NYC (Upper East Side, to be specific) and am having trouble finding decent info on rink locations and times for drop-in/pickup.

I'm most interested in places that offer morning (pre-work; like 6 a.m.) drop-in times, if there are any. But any info anyone has on decent (not super-crowded, not super-expensive) pickup hockey in the greater NYC region would be great.

One last thing: I'm about to be (gulp) car-less, for the first time in my adult life. How do you other NYC hockey enthusiasts manage? Public transit (with all our gear??)? Zipcar?

Thanks!

P.S. If any of you run or are invited to "organized drop-in" sessions, I swear I'm a good player. I mean, not amazing, but I always snagged invites to such sessions in the D.C. area. I pass a lot/am unselfish. I'm not a guy you'll regret inviting ...

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
I'm about to move to NYC (Upper East Side, to be specific) and am having trouble finding decent info on rink locations and times for drop-in/pickup.

I'm most interested in places that offer morning (pre-work; like 6 a.m.) drop-in times, if there are any. But any info anyone has on decent (not super-crowded, not super-expensive) pickup hockey in the greater NYC region would be great.

One last thing: I'm about to be (gulp) car-less, for the first time in my adult life. How do you other NYC hockey enthusiasts manage? Public transit (with all our gear??)? Zipcar?

Thanks!

P.S. If any of you run or are invited to "organized drop-in" sessions, I swear I'm a good player. I mean, not amazing, but I always snagged invites to such sessions in the D.C. area. I pass a lot/am unselfish. I'm not a guy you'll regret inviting ...
http://www.arenamaps.com/search.php?position=0&state=NY&arena_name=&city=New+York&sort_field2=arena_name&sort_field=city_sorter
Arenamaps was the first place i would always look.

1. Newbridge Arena,Bellmore,NY,USA
2. Van Cortlandt Park Rink (outdoor rink),Bronx,NY,USA
3. Abe Stark Skating Rink,Brooklyn,NY,USA
4. Aviator Sports & Events Center,Brooklyn,NY,USA
5. Wollman Rink - Prospect Park,Brooklyn,NY,USA
6. Ferraro Brothers Ice Center at Twin Rinks,East Meadow,NY,USA
7. World Ice Arena,Flushing (Queens),NY,USA
8. Parkwood Ice Rink,Great Neck,NY,USA
9. The Rinx - Hidden Pond Park,Hauppauge,NY,USA
10. The Winter Club,Huntington,NY,USA
11. City of Long Beach Arena (The),Long Beach,NY,USA
12. City Ice Pavilion,Long Island City (Queens),NY,USA
13. Ice Hutch Ice Rink,Mount Vernon,NY,USA
14. Iceland Skating Rink,New Hyde Park,NY,USA
15. Ice Rink at South Street Seaport,New York,NY,USA
16. Ice Studio, Inc.,New York,NY,USA
17. Lasker Rink,New York,NY,USA
18. Madison Square Garden,New York,NY,USA
19. Polar Rink (American Museum of Natural History),New York,NY,USA
20. Pond at Bryant Park,New York,NY,USA
21. Riverbank State Park Skating Rink,New York,NY,USA
22. Rockefeller Plaza Ice Rink,New York,NY,USA
23. Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers,New York,NY,USA
24. Wollman Rink - Central Park,New York,NY,USA
25. Liberty View Ice Rink (outdoor rink),New York (Battery Park City),NY,USA
26. Port Washington Skating Center,Port Washington,NY,USA
27. Staten Island Ice Skating Pavilion,Staten Island,NY,USA
28. Staten Island War Memorial Ice Rink,Staten Island,NY,USA
29. De Matteis Pavilion Ice Rink,Uniondale,NY,USA
30. Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum,Uniondale,NY,USA
31. Syossett - Woodbury Community Park Ice Rink,Woodbury,NY,USA
32. Murray Memorial Skating Center,Yonkers,NY,USA

not sure exactly where they are....

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm assuming no but... Have the Devils ever done a hockey program where they allow regular hockey players to pay to play a game at the Rock vs regular pay to play players?

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
BUMP!!!!
Just bought myself a pair of last years Graf Ultra G7's.... $250 on Hockey Monkey.\

My old 652's front plastic toe part started to come off the sole, so I think it was time to get another pair.... 10 years aint bad out of them tho.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
BUMP!!!!
Just bought myself a pair of last years Graf Ultra G7's.... $250 on Hockey Monkey.\

My old 652's front plastic toe part started to come off the sole, so I think it was time to get another pair.... 10 years aint bad out of them tho.

Very nice! 10 years is solid for a pair of skates. The new ones will serve you well.

I've had a tendency towards the Bauer Vapor line recently. They're nicely suited for working on backwards/reversal skating and the stride feels good. Loyalty to Graf is definitely something I've seen a lot of, they seem to establish a comfort zone that you never want to leave.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Very nice! 10 years is solid for a pair of skates. The new ones will serve you well.

I've had a tendency towards the Bauer Vapor line recently. They're nicely suited for working on backwards/reversal skating and the stride feels good. Loyalty to Graf is definitely something I've seen a lot of, they seem to establish a comfort zone that you never want to leave.

And I go barefoot, so I thought they would have broken down quicker....

Always wanted a pair of Graf's, but they were out of my price range. was going to buy a pair after I broke may ankle, but sucked it u and stayd with my Tacks for 6 more years. Which I liked.....

I have never bought skates online, so this will be interesting if I picked the right size. Am a 10-10.5 shoe, had 8.5 Tacks (that were very tight-bought at Sports Section in Cedar grove way back with the old Devs Trainer, so went with what e said and was good...wish I had 1/2 size more but was ok.) and I heard the Graf's run a little narrower so I went with the 9.5....Will see...14 day return policy

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Looking for an extra guy or two for our inline mens league team that plays at Inman Sports Club in Edison this Thursday.

I realize this thread is super old but i did not know where else to post this.

PM me if interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad