At the Quarter Mark... Who's Been the Best So Far?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'd probably vote Price but Subban has been outstanding for the most part. Just frustrating how we're using him...

I thought this would be a lot closer and I think it probably deserves to be a lot closer. You think we'd be in last without Price? Well where would we be without Subban?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I'd probably vote Price but Subban has been outstanding for the most part. Just frustrating how we're using him...

I thought this would be a lot closer and I think it probably deserves to be a lot closer. You think we'd be in last without Price? Well where would we be without Subban?

I'm literally the biggest Subban lover here and I think Price takes this.

It's not about how much Price takes it over Subban that should be reflected in votes, its that Price is the only logical answer here, considering how MT has been treating Subban (and even then Subby has responded amazingly) but Price has been on an other level for a few games and overall he has been our backbone.

NewHabsEra*

Price has been sick since the begin of the season and we are barely a playoffs team, thats the most worrysome part..

LongIslandHabFan

Oct 18, 2013
Gotta go with Price so far. He's been good enough so far to give the Habs a chance to win any given game and once the forwards get rolling again maybe the competition for who's the best will heat up

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

I think if we didn't have Subban,the EGG line we would be hurting also....but Price is the last line of defence and with his good and lately great play we would be lost and last.
TB for years has had great offense but no goalie and finished at the bottom....now they have a goalie and are at the top.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
1. Price.

2. Markov. He's our PP general, plays on the PK, has insane hockey IQ and is proving to all his detractors he's still one of the best. If only he escaped those damn knee injuries.

3. Subban

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
About a quarter of the way there. Most of the team has been mediocre but some have had good years so far. I'll list half a dozen you can vote for. If you want to write somebody else in go ahead.

For my money it's a coin toss between Subban and Price. Both have been very good. Subban moreso at the beginning and Price moreso lately.

Who's been the best? Cast your vote.

Good thread LG, and a positive one. I voted Gally because I think he has worked extremely hard to maintain his pace.

Of course I am very pleased with Price and Subby also, but these guys are gifted.

Pure best? Of course Price or Subby. And HM to Marky, but I called that this summer. Expected nothing less from him.

Attitude and winning spirit best? Gally.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Honestly Price/Subban/Markov are the only reason this team isn't in the basement

You can say that for half the teams in the NHL. Most don't have more than three impact players. Where Habs are destitute this year is at forward, until Chucky matures.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
It tells a lot about the skaters when the goaltenders have a combined SV% .935 (3rd in NHL after the Bruins and the Maple Leafs) and the team record is still a moderate 10-9-2.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
1- Price 90%
2- Gallagher 85%
3- Subban 85%
4- Markov 80%
5- Plekanec 75%
6- Galchenuyk 75%
7- Bournival 75%
8- Eller 70%

I gave a rating at the end of each for imo the score out of 100 they deserve for this first quarter.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Price, AINEC.

Subban is up there too, IMO. Therrien better not **** the re-signing process with his ridiculousness.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This. Eller seems like the "weak link" out of them, but has been damn fine.

Eller has been doing the heavy lifting on that line defensively, and has been inconsistent offensively, and is still on pace for 50 points. Part of the solution, not the problem.

...The problem being the only forward on this team on pace for at least 50 points off the EGG line is Plekanec. Bournival is on pace for 40, the rest are producing like grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad