At the Quarter Mark... Who's Been the Best So Far?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
About a quarter of the way there. Most of the team has been mediocre but some have had good years so far. I'll list half a dozen you can vote for. If you want to write somebody else in go ahead.

For my money it's a coin toss between Subban and Price. Both have been very good. Subban moreso at the beginning and Price moreso lately.

Who's been the best? Cast your vote.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
The biggest surprises for me is that gally and chuck have no sophmore jinx. Price has rebounded well. Subban and Markov are solid the rest of the team has to pick it up.
Its the same ol same ol, need more scoring, more team toughness. I have been happy with the teams ability to come back and win the occasional game though.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Honestly Price/Subban/Markov are the only reason this team isn't in the basement

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Price
Price
Price
Price
Price
Subban
Subban
Subban
Subban
Markov
Markov
Markov
Gallagher
Gallagher
Gallagher
Plekanec
Plekanec
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Galchenyuk

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Price and I don't think it's debatable. Too bad we can't take advantage of his greatness to win some games.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Price
Gallagher
Markov/Subban
Galchenyuk
Eller
Bournival
Plekanec
Rest

Same order for me (almost).

Price - for once his numbers speak for themselves. Couldn't ask for more, other than the cautionary note that he was equally great last season for 40 games.

Gallagher not only avoided any sophomore slump, he's actually improved. He's the engine for the EGG line, which makes him the engine for the team's offense. Can't say enough good things about this kid -- he plays a relentless offensive game, but is right there in our zone, whacking away until he gets the puck. Fastest shot-release on the team.

Subban has become a guided missile and a rocket-launcher. Tries to do too much occasionally, but the challenge should be for the forwards to keep up with him, NOT for him to slow down for the forwards.

Markov - the Hutch to PK's Starsky. Spock to PK's Kirk. Bert to PK's Ernie.

Galchenyuk's hands are starting to have fun. I'm having fun watching them have fun. Go Hands Go.

Plekanec - As fast and smart as ever. Also as stuck with sub-par wingers as ever. Guy's a machine of consistency.

Eller's cooled off a bit, but has proven himself to be a tough, smart playmaker. I want to see the swagger back in his game.

Bournival is already one of the fastest skaters and quickest shooters on the team, now he just needs time and experience. Great find.

H.M. - Budaj has been a game-changer in his limited role. Couldn't ask for a better backup.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
fucale is probably the biggest reason for price's success. once he saw him put on the habs jersey at draft day, he knew what he needed to do.

fucale fucale fucale

but seriously, price is having his best season to date, and is a top goalie in the nhl this year. he's finally showing us the next level, and hopefully it's here to stay. big props to waite, the goalie coach! it's fun to watch price again, instead of floppy mc flop flop.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
LOL pleks has been consistant all right. Have not been impressed with him for three seasons now.
Price has been very good all year, but if you exclude him I am going with a rejuvinated markov. The egg line has been excellent, but they are still struggling with being consistant. Something the other 3 lines are, only in a bad way.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
If you do not vote Price I am not your friend.

Franchise goaltenders tend to enter their peak at right about this age.

He has arrived.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I vote Price because he is always good and lately has been playing great....but really without Subban and the EGG line and of coarse Price we would be in last place.
Subban has won us games and also the EGG line but without Prices good and great playing it would be really ugly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad