Friedman: At least one team has met Kucherov about an offer sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
[MOD]

IMO, the REAL reason the Canes won't be in the running is that they aren't good enough yet to be risking 4 first round picks on obtaining Kucherov. Secondly, in 2 years they have Lindholm, Hanifin, Slavin, Pesce and Murphy all RFAs and needing new contracts and then 1 year later, Aho, Fleury and Mckeown so they'll have their own RFA woes in a couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Another point regarding RFA offer sheet compensation. If an offer is for more than five years, the money is divided by 5 for compensation purposes. 7m X 7 years is the signing. RFA is compensation is 49m divided by 5 years is almost 10m a year, which is 4 first rounders. As a see BOOM BOOM Aho just posted the 4 picks and the reason why a possible lottery team like the Canes won't likely be making the offer.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Didn't want to start a new thread for this proposal:

Tbay gets
Doresett (35% retained)
Virtanen
3rd

Van gets
Point
Filpula
2nd

I'm one of the few that's not a Tampa fan that wants Kucherov to stay in Tampa this deal gives them the extra space to do so. They also receive a future top6 power forward in Virtanen and chippy player that plays a similar less skilled game of Callahan and Kilorn.

Vancouver I feel could use a real young potential top6 centre in B.Point . Point will play in the AHL and join the team in a year or two.

Filpula-Sutter- Hansen would be a great two-way line.

what do yeah think?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Doesn't Filpulla have a NMC? I'm not sure Filpulla would waive his NMC to be traded from a team that is likely a Stanley Cup contending team.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Doesn't Filpulla have a NMC? I'm not sure Filpulla would waive his NMC to be traded from a team that is likely a Stanley Cup contending team

I don't think Filippa would waive part of NTC to go to Vancouver.

Sorry,I was going back and forth trying to make the cap work I must have missed that. My bad. I guess there is a chance he waives, he's won a cup already he would be playing top 6 and more minutes for Van on the pp & pk, Vancouver is also beautiful city. Never know.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Pretty sure the Leafs match a Matthews offer so they shouldn't worry about the picks.
Tampa may not be able to match after signing Stamkos/Hedman.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If TB can't resign Kucherov and Drouin goes back to hating TB and publicly calls Yzerman's NHL career equivalent of Yakupov's:

Parayko + Schwartz for Kucherov + Drouin

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Didn't want to start a new thread for this proposal:

Tbay gets
Doresett (35% retained)
Virtanen
3rd

Van gets
Point
Filpula
2nd

I'm one of the few that's not a Tampa fan that wants Kucherov to stay in Tampa this deal gives them the extra space to do so. They also receive a future top6 power forward in Virtanen and chippy player that plays a similar less skilled game of Callahan and Kilorn.

Vancouver I feel could use a real young potential top6 centre in B.Point . Point will play in the AHL and join the team in a year or two.

Filpula-Sutter- Hansen would be a great two-way line.

what do yeah think?

Dorsett is worth nothing. TB wont give up on Point.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It's a lighthearted offer, I figured the Yakupov reference kind of gave that away, but if Shattenkirk was resigned that would be a pretty potent offense with still a good defense.

Drouin Lehtera Tarasenko
Fabbri Stastny Kucherov
Perron Steen Yakupov
Upshall Brodziak Berglund

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Gunnar Shattenkirk
Edmundson Bortuzzo

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It's a lighthearted offer, I figured the Yakupov reference kind of gave that away, but if Shattenkirk was resigned that would be a pretty potent offense with still a good defense.

Drouin Lehtera Tarasenko
Fabbri Stastny Kucherov
Perron Steen Yakupov
Upshall Brodziak Berglund

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Gunnar Shattenkirk
Edmundson Bortuzzo

There isnt a massive difference between Schwartz and Kucherov, sure i'd rather have Kucherov (if we're only comparing both players) but given their contract status i'd take Schwartz over him. Parayko is a big, 2 way top pairing dman (who can skate) in the making, he's worth more than Drouin.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
That exception/slide only covered compensatory picks that teams owed for signing away an exec or coach from another team. The PA argued the new compensatory picks could reduce the possibility of offer sheets, so the NHL agreed in a side deal that those picks could slide.

The NHL has since dispensed with the whole compensatory pick system for signing other team employees because it was a dumb concept from the start.

OK my bad, I remembered reading that it was supposed to make offer sheets more likely just confused the details I guess.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
There isnt a massive difference between Schwartz and Kucherov, sure i'd rather have Kucherov (if we're only comparing both players) but given their contract status i'd take Schwartz over him. Parayko is a big, 2 way top pairing dman (who can skate) in the making, he's worth more than Drouin.

I'm happy you said in the making.

Ye he looks like he is gunna be something special.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
There isnt a massive difference between Schwartz and Kucherov

but given their contract status ....

Common man. Kucherov is MUCH more valuable. Its not even debatable.

A fair trade is Kucherov for Tarasenko.

And this is coming from a fan of NEITHER team.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Common man. Kucherov is MUCH more valuable. Its not even debatable.

And this is coming from a fan of NEITHER team.

I'm not a fan of either teams aswell. I said i'd take Kucherov over Schwartz aswell but there are other things to consider when making a trade (contracts). Kucherov is gonna have 5-10 more points a season than Schwartz, defensively both are a wash, that's not worth the extra 2-3 M.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I'm not a fan of either teams aswell. I said i'd take Kucherov over Schwartz aswell but there are other things to consider when making a trade (contracts). Kucherov is gonna have 5-10 more points a season than Schwartz, defensively both are a wash, that's not worth the extra 2-3 M.

If we were to extrapolate last years stats to 82 Games Played:

Tarasenko: 76 Pts
Kucherov: 70 Pts
Schwartz: 55 Pts

So let me correct your sentence:

Tarasenko is gonna have 5-10 more points a season than Kucherov, defensively both are a wash.

OR

Kucherov is gonna have 15-20 more points a season than Schwartz

Schwartz is basically a Nyquist. (+/- 5 pts)
Kucherov is a Tarasenko (+/- 5 pts)

And the difference between them is accurately a 7.5 Million dollar player
and a 5 Million dollar player.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If we were to extrapolate last years stats to 82 Games Played:

Tarasenko: 76 Pts
Kucherov: 70 Pts
Schwartz: 55 Pts

So let me correct your sentence:

Tarasenko is gonna have 5-10 more points a season than Kucherov, defensively both are a wash.

OR

Kucherov is gonna have 15-20 more points a season than Schwartz

Schwartz is basically a Nyquist. (+/- 5 pts)
Kucherov is a Tarasenko (+/- 5 pts)

And the season before that Schwartz had a better PPG than Kucherov, whats your point? Schwartz played 33 games last season, you're gonna evaluate his season based on 33 games?

And you say Kucherov is worth as much as Tarasenko. Based on your numbers Tarasenko had a higher PPG, he's a 40 goal scorer and he's built like a tank (not likely to get pushed around as much Kucherov).. so you're saying Kucherov is worth as much as Tarasenko when he's getting outproduced and outscored by him?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
oh please be the panthers.

exactly what we've wanted, that goal scoring winger, even more specifically a rw, that sniper. he's young, only 23, i mean thats exactly what we'd want. now with huberdeau out for several months it'd make even more sense to try it. he'd still get to stay in florida, no state income taxes, and play with barkov and huberdeau longterm.

id go as high as 8.5per if necessary tbh on a 6yr deal, i know thats a big overpayment but we have all our key pieces locked up longterm, this is the last piece we'd need, and we have the cap space now and longterm. assuming thats not the 4 1st rounders type deal. I'm not sure how it plays out.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
And the season before that Schwartz had a better PPG than Kucherov, whats your point? Schwartz played 33 games last season, you're gonna evaluate his season based on 33 games?

And you say Kucherov is worth as much as Tarasenko. Based on your numbers Tarasenko had a higher PPG, he's a 40 goal scorer and he's built like a tank (not likely to get pushed around as much Kucherov).. so you're saying Kucherov is worth as much as Tarasenko when he's getting outproduced and outscored by him?

I extrapolated all their stats to 82 GP. So yes those numbers are roughly a fair comparison.

I am basically saying this:

Tarasenko > Kucherov >>> Schwartz

And i expect in 3-4 years from now, their salaries will reflect this:

7.5Mil > 6.5-7Mil >>> 5.3 Mil

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I extrapolated all their stats to 82 GP. So yes those numbers are roughly a fair comparison.

I am basically saying this:

Tarasenko > Kucherov >>> Schwartz

And i expect in 3-4 years from now, their salaries will reflect this:

7.5Mil > 6.5-7Mil >>> 5.3 Mil

Ok and i extrapolated their numbers from the season before that and Schwartz had a higher PPG than Kucherov (and thats a legit game sample, both played over 75 games), again whats your point?
(Schwartz 75 games 28g 35a 63points - Kucherov 82 games 29g 36a 65points)

You said Kucherov was getting 7.5M and is worth as much as Tarasenko (quotes below), now youre saying he's gonna get 6.5-7 and that Tarasenko is > Kucherov, stop changing your statements.

I think you should give up.

Last edited:

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I think they've learned from the Russian experiment. There's a reason they traded 9th overall a few years back to get Schneider instead of drafting Nichushkin.
Pretty sure it had to do with the Devils getting the chance to land a potential top 5 goalie and not a players passport that they weren't forced to draft.....

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Ok and i extrapolated their numbers from the season before that and Schwartz had a higher PPG than Kucherov (and thats a legit game sample, both played over 75 games), again whats your point?
(Schwartz 75 games 28g 35a 63points - Kucherov 82 games 29g 36a 65points)

You said Kucherov was getting 7.5M and is worth as much as Tarasenko (quotes below), now youre saying he's gonna get 6.5-7 and that Tarasenko is > Kucherov, stop changing your statements.

I think you should give up.

Wow you 'Caught me' Tarasenko makes 7.5
Schwartz makes 5.3

Kucherov makes Unknown....

What do you think he is worth?

Answer that question and you prove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad